The Ukraine is Weak

meazza

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize they're going up against Russian Special Forces, but is the Ukrainian military actually trying to be as incompetent as they seem to have been over the past few weeks?

It's a fair question. I don't have an answer but maybe one of the military buffs do? I imagine it's hard trying to fight a subversive enemy using your own civilians as pawns against you, is it a police action or a military one? Too much of a hammer would spark a response from Moscow, but not dropping the hammer enough leads to bloody days like yesterday. But I'm speculating.

It's a fair question. I don't have an answer but maybe one of the military buffs do? I imagine it's hard trying to fight a subversive enemy using your own civilians as pawns against you, is it a police action or a military one? Too much of a hammer would spark a response from Moscow, but not dropping the hammer enough leads to bloody days like yesterday. But I'm speculating.

No doubt the soldiers on the ground have a tough job - trying to get rid of the Russians without wholesale slaughter. I'm more referring to their generals, who seem to be sending the troops into the area without much of a plan of how to recapture the buildings without killing too many civilians. Just look at the aborted attempt a couple weeks ago, or how they have been consistently humiliated through intelligence leaks.

Edited by Koko78