Kyle Van Noy

section122

Why not another prospect thread.

How do people feel about him as a potential 2nd rounder? I happened to catch his bowl game in 2012 and he was an absolute animal. I don't get to see too much of him as BYU isn't regularly on but when I did I tried to key on him. I think he is a pretty complete lb and think he would make an excellent addition to the linebacking group. So what do people think?

Astrobot started a thread that got me going on ILBs. He was pretty high on Shane Skov, so I researched him and am impressed. There are a few this year that look pretty damn good. C.J. Mosley, Skov, Yawin Smallwood of UConn, Chris Borland, and Andrew Jackson. They're all pretty stout. I think Van Noy is viewed as more of an OLB as is Khalil Mack, Anthony Barr, and Ryan Shazier of tOSU. Van Noy and Skov both fly around the field and sideline-to-sideline a lot like Kiko does and they take on the OLinemen and TEs pretty effectively. I think they'll both be gone by when we pick in the 2nd round, even though CJ and Mack are seen as the two two LBs right now by most pundits. Both of them will be gone pretty early.

Not sure if any of them are in The Bills plans, but we could use some help at LB and it looks like it's available this year. Its been fun watching the highlight clips of these guys. They're exciting to watch.

Yeah this draft really stacks up well for the bills. Depth seems to be at te ot and lb which all are need positions imo.

I know it has been discussed moving kiko to the outside but I'm more a if it ain't broke don't fix it and wouldn't mind seeing him stay in the middle.

What are the negatives on van not that are pushing him to the second round? I've seen that he doesn't have elite athleticism but makes up for it with great instincts. Is there anything else?

I think he's going to be a stud. Watched lots of him, living in Las Vegas.

Me too but wow is this second round just stocked this year! Really would love a trade down to get extra picks in this round. I like the options here almost more than in round 1. Van Noy, Skov, ASJ, Niklas, Cyril Richardson, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews etc... all could be sitting there in the second round.

Me too but wow is this second round just stocked this year! Really would love a trade down to get extra picks in this round. I like the options here almost more than in round 1. Van Noy, Skov, ASJ, Niklas, Cyril Richardson, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews etc... all could be sitting there in the second round.

Yeah, trading down into the 20-25 range and grabbing Van Noy, Allen Robinson and Richardson/Yankey/suo-filo/Morgan Moses. Would be nice. In the 1st 2 rounds. It would also net us another 3rd or 4th. I think we're in a great spot to trade down as I see 8 or so "top prospects" teams might be willing to move up for. If one falls to us, it could happen like last year.

Yeah, trading down into the 20-25 range and grabbing Van Noy, Allen Robinson and Richardson/Yankey/suo-filo/Morgan Moses. Would be nice. In the 1st 2 rounds. It would also net us another 3rd or 4th. I think we're in a great spot to trade down as I see 8 or so "top prospects" teams might be willing to move up for. If one falls to us, it could happen like last year.

That is what I will be holding my breath for. Last year while watching the draft I celebrated when they traded down. Hopefully I can do the same again this year!

The pick for us is Skov. I think we pull the triger on him in the 3rd or 4th. I truly feel the Chargers will snatch up on Van Noy with their pick at 25. Some see the bolts taking a corner or tackle that high, but not me... I also feel the Bolts will Grab Michael Sam in the middle rounds (if he's there) Sam is a high intensity, high-motor Ray lewis-type, and I expect they'll try him out in the middle.

Edited by #34fan

My first option with the first 3 picks are: Mack, Dee Ford and Fiedorowicz. My second option would be Jake Matthews, Jordan Matthews and Christian Jones. I would love for the Bills to build upon the defense first that can defend against the likes of Manning, Brady, Luck, etc. If Mack is gone at 9 then I'd like for them to go to option 2 and build an offense that can compete well against those opposing defenses.

The pick for us is Skov. I think we pull the triger on him in the 3rd or 4th. I truly feel the Chargers will snatch up on Van Noy with their pick at 25. Some see the bolts taking a corner or tackle that high, but not me... I also feel the Bolts will Grab Michael Sam in the middle rounds (if he's there) Sam is a high intensity, high-motor Ray lewis-type, and I expect they'll try him out in the middle.

Skov in the 3rd or 4th? Time will tell but I think we'd have to take him in round 2 or by trading back a little in the 2nd. Hell, he might not even be there for our 2nd rd pick.

Skov in the 3rd or 4th? Time will tell but I think we'd have to take him in round 2 or by trading back a little in the 2nd. Hell, he might not even be there for our 2nd rd pick.

Eeeeeeee. I dunno... -He's got a ligament tear on his left knee from 2011, and a DUI from 2012... Some have also suspected a weakening right knee as well... -I think he'll be there. His knees appear fine, but folks can be finicky about certain injuries these days.