What does Marrone mean? Coaches? QBs?

Beerball

It seems like the Bills Defense circa 2011. George Edwards/Wannstadt/etc. Like we have a really good backup plan in theory and some good ideas on the back burner but the front end is only on low.

I've been very put off by some of these moves recently.

I don’t mind these moves. Good teams lose coaches. In the Bills’ case below average teams lose coaches. Nothing wrong with having more in-house options and people with varied experience; so long as everyone knows and adheres to the chain of command.

Which ones? I like them all, although I'm not sure of what Pagac brings.

This guy knows football . like big time knowledge. Not gonna fool this guy. Good teacher . Seems he will be a sounding board too.

i think he is my favorite addition actually

I don’t mind these moves. Good teams lose coaches. In the Bills’ case below average teams lose coaches. Nothing wrong with having more in-house options and people with varied experience; so long as everyone knows and adheres to the chain of command.

Well put . That will be on Coach Marrone. He is putting in place corrective actions from last seasons lessons.

Not sure the right words but the Bills coaching just got some " layers " and cross functional dudes. Which is a good thing when running a business.

I suppose the best way to say it would be adding how they were made. On the good side we had a backup plan with losing the guys to Cleveland and we pursued it quickly. But I don't like how we let some of those guys go and I know he consequences of resuming to let some coaches interview but still think saying no might have been an option. And once the new guys were introduced the same nonsense was told to us again. That we have a better guy then before. And have things to look forward to. And this is a good choice for the team...

All of that made me wonder why we didn't get these guys until just now if they are better? It still feels plan 'b' to me.

They were all employed last year.

He was talking about adding a veteran QB or sticking with Lewis and Tuel behind EJ.

So ths Bills are basically ging into 2014 season with the same QB lineup that rendered the mess of 2013?

:cry:

to bring in three quarterbacks with virtually no NFL experience without someone who had a singular role of being a quarterback coach would to a ton for an experienced OC now throw in Hacket is new on the job as well. It's simple too much on his plate, to teach and instruct, mentor, design game plan, play call oh and your gonna have 3 different starting qb's with no experience.

From what I gathered is, Marrone brought in enough coaching that it doesn't matter if Kolb returns to the team or retires, as he has enough coaching to handle either situation now.

Kolb must be having a difficult time considering what to do, as more concussions can do serious long term damage. I expect we will hear on or before March 13th.

Could it be that after seeing the offensive out put & the drop in CJ & Freds out put in the running although we were still ranked pretty high that Marrones confidence in Hackett's experience at the NFL level isn't as high as it was in the college ranks & it just showed more so at this level ?

So by bringing in these others he has not only given a inexperienced OC more back up than what he had in his dad (which was a good OC in his day but the game has changed) as we saw when Wannstedt a once heralded SB winning D coordinator saw his D wasn't up to the modern day game !

But has set him up in a way that if Hackett doesn't do a good job given the help he has hired he can go ahead & make a change with out rocking the boat to much !!

Actually a smart move by a HC & a great back up plan ! Hackett if he is as smart as they say he is should see this, realize it & be coaching his preverbal A** off this year to keep his job !!

From what I gathered is, Marrone brought in enough coaching that it doesn't matter if Kolb returns to the team or retires, as he has enough coaching to handle either situation now.

Kolb must be having a difficult time considering what to do, as more concussions can do serious long term damage. I expect we will hear on or before March 13th.

I just hope he realizes it & makes the right decision for him self & every one involved & our coaching staff doesn't make the choice to keep him around to add more dead money to the cap after he gets hurt again in the preseason.

Why haven't they already cut this guy ? What are they thinking ?