Cabin Fever anyone ?

Buffaloed in Pa

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. Snow is nice, just better when it stays cold and the snow holds off for a few days. That way, you can kinda "recharge." Since moving out here, we don't get much snow... I never seen the roads so snow covered for as many days in a row as it is now.

Actually, it is getting kinda nice w/all the snow... We must have over 2 feet of snow still on the lawn and the snowbanks are easily 6 feet high... Very little melted off since the start of winter. I think we only had one mini-thaw. I Was out with my children digging snow caves today. Gonna be sub-zero again, I told them that we should ice the fort/igloo/caves down with water tonight!

Gonna be a nice spring w/all the water and runoff, hope it don't flood & the farmers will be able to get into their fields!

Check out the ice coverage on The Lakes... Pretty cool, maybe elevations will rebound with the lack of winter evaporation:

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2014/02/great_lakes_added_11_percent_i.html

Yeah, winter is definitely getting old here in VT. We haven't been getting a lot of snow, but it has been colder than a well digger's ass in Arkansas. Plus, my furnace has been on the fritz. Yeah, I'm ready for spring.

You just came down from living in Fairbanks... You may be the jinx to the Lower 48! ;-)

Just started my vacation to a very nice rainstorm. Hope the rain stays around awhile. We have a drought that needs to be broken.

On a side note, Pliny the Younger has been released. Looks like the perfect time to head over and sample it.

I saw pictures of 'opening day'...can't wait til it makes it Philly. Supposed to be producing and sending more this year than in previous years. It's pretty wild to see people drinking pints of it...we are limited to 5 ounce glasses here due to it's limited release

Just started my vacation to a very nice rainstorm. Hope the rain stays around awhile. We have a drought that needs to be broken.

On a side note, Pliny the Younger has been released. Looks like the perfect time to head over and sample it.

I saw pictures of 'opening day'...can't wait til it makes it Philly. Supposed to be producing and sending more this year than in previous years. It's pretty wild to see people drinking pints of it...we are limited to 5 ounce glasses here due to it's limited release

They're doing daily rations here to make sure they don't run out. It's pretty crazy.

This winter in WNY has been pretty awful. The older I get, the more I can't stand this weather. Seriously considering making the move South in the near future for the first time ever.

well, not sure how far south ya talking, but been cold here in Richmond VA as well since pretty much week before Thanksgiving. Have had a few 60 degree days over the last couple of months, but few and far between.

Just to piss ever one off from anothet thread, thing that sucks for me is i hate to ride my bike in the cold. Over 40 I am good...and have only got a few rides in since Christmas.

Weird, i just do not get excited about this stuff anymore...seems like so many great beers why would anyone stand in line for one? Used to get all excited this time of year for Hopslam and Nugget Nectar..now if the Total Wine has em when i am there, i will get some. If not, eh>>>> i will get some other great beer. I have really noticed lately pricing coming down on some of the "in demand" beers like Sculpin..under $10 a six now.

Edited by plenzmd1

it's fun to do...and being that Philly is one of two or 3 places outside of the russian river area to get pliny, it is truly a rare beer, just like heady topper out of vermont...anytime i see it i run to find it., i have so little else in the world to get excited about, let me have this one thing :cry:

Weird, i just do not get excited about this stuff anymore...seems like so many great beers why would anyone stand in line for one? Used to get all excited this time of year for Hopslam and Nugget Nectar..now if the Total Wine has em when i am there, i will get some. If not, eh>>>> i will get some other great beer. I have really noticed lately pricing coming down on some of the "in demand" beers like Sculpin..under $10 a six now.

it's fun to do...and being that Philly is one of two or 3 places outside of the russian river area to get pliny, it is truly a rare beer, just like heady topper out of vermont...anytime i see it i run to find it., i have so little else in the world to get excited about, let me have this one thing :cry:

I've never had it and never will. However I've read reviews on it and it sounds way too hoppy for me. Beer, like any other alcoholic beverage should be a balance and an in your face hop bomb turns me off. It's like drinking a glass of pine needs and grapefruit juice. But that's just me. :D

Awww poor baby. :D

Back to the high 30's today....since the begining of the year, the temperatures have been record setting lows during the week, and record highs on the weekends...pretty weird....as if the almighty is aware of the calander!