FanSpeak's "On The Clock" - Try Drafting

Astrobot

Interesting that on about 10 runs Boyd was always there in the 6th. And Johnny Football fell to the 2nd in many rounds. I found that it was best when I chose Robinson in the 1st. I never got the chance for Astro's

R1 - OT GREG ROBINSON

R2 - TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS

R3 - ILB SHAYNE SKOV

That would be draft heaven. It was a learning experience. I found myself pressured in the 4th round to draft a safety, thinking about Byrd probably being gone. It even messed up my draft board and strategy when Clinton -Dix was there in the 2nd and I could not refuse. It was a fun sim that really got you thinking and realizing how when talent falls and you can't refuse, it really ruins your strategy.

I have tried it several times with Watkins as our first rounder, then Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 2nd. I don't get a chance at a OG in RD 3 or 4. I sure hope we get a Guard by FA.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried it several times with Watkins as our first rounder, then Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 2nd. I don't get a chance at a OG in RD 3 or 4. I sure hope we get a Guard by FA.

I found the same thing when I took Watkins. I never was able to draft any decent OL when I took Watkins. I lost out on ASJ and also never could get either Borland or Skov at LB as well. Hope that is just the sim. As you said OL was a lost cause when I went WR in the first.I sure hope FA would work is that was the case in real life.

You guys would call for my head if I were the GM for the Buffalo Bills with this draft

WR MIKE EVANSTEXAS A&M

S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIXALABAMA

ILB CHRIS BORLANDWISCONSIN

RB CARLOS HYDEOHIO STATE

QB AARON MURRAYGEORGIA

CB RASHAAD REYNOLDSOREGON STATE

DT JAY BROMLEYSYRACUSE

Mostly BPA or near-BPA to fit needs. Couldn't pass-up Murray in 5, CB was the worst of the evils in 6, and a hopeful to take KWs spot in 7 because he's getting up there. ALOT of QBs / WRs in the later round that I couldn't take. Since we are unsure of Byrd I took S in 2. and FJs replacement in 3.

Edited by BillsFan3434

Interesting that on about 10 runs Boyd was always there in the 6th. And Johnny Football fell to the 2nd in many rounds. I found that it was best when I chose Robinson in the 1st. I never got the chance for Astro's

R1 - OT GREG ROBINSON

R2 - TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS

R3 - ILB SHAYNE SKOV

That would be draft heaven. It was a learning experience. I found myself pressured in the 4th round to draft a safety, thinking about Byrd probably being gone. It even messed up my draft board and strategy when Clinton -Dix was there in the 2nd and I could not refuse. It was a fun sim that really got you thinking and realizing how when talent falls and you can't refuse, it really ruins your strategy.

There has to come a point for teams where this happens. A guy they have rated much higher but don't necessarily have a need is available. It has to make for some interesting draft rooms!

The 3 guys I'd want next to Alonso are Mosley (RD1), Skov (RD2--won't last like this sim shows), or Borland (RD3). I haven't watched enough of Max Bullough, Yawin Smallwood, or Andrew Jackson to know. Telvin Smith is too small although he always is in the play--likely not an NFL runstopper.

If we don't get Skov, what about Kyle Van Noy? He flies around a lot like Kiko too.

http://youtu.be/9EDaiV0VoBM

Love that first draft!

Am I the only one that likes Louis Nix III? I know it's not a need, but man he's a beast. Would definitely help stop the run.

I would not mind Nix if the Bills trade down.

His injury and the Bill's lack of success in landing good two-gap run-stoppers makes me hesitant about that pick. If you think about it, the last good two-gap run stuffer the Bills landed was undrafted Pat Williams.

A couple of names keep showing up here that just don't make sense. First up is Borland. The guy is a midget in an era when the trend is towards big and fast. I cannot see him fitting in with the current Bills at all. The second is Tajh Boyd. Wow. Have you seen him play? At best, he's a project and the last thing the Bills need is yet another "Project with Potential" QB considering they already have 3 of those. Better to pick up an established backup. But if you absolutely, positively must draft a middle-of-the-pack QB, there are a bunch of them and you could start with McCarron or Derek Carr (who actually does have upside potential in my opinion). And could we stop with the TE mania in the first round, as if that was the one big thing keeping the Bills out of the SB?

As to guys like Skov, Seferian-Jenkins, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Yankey, I wonder which of them will still be there in the second and third rounds.

On the plus side, I'm intrigued by the mention of Su'a-Filo and Zumwalt out of UCLA in later rounds along with Christian Jones of FSU. With the Combine coming up, I'd recommend checking out Cassius Marsh of UCLA. He's a fast and quick 260 lb DE with sideline-to-sideline speed who's kind of under the radar nationally. And he hits hard. If he's there in the fifth round or later, he might make for an interesting LB experiment.

My Latest effort on Fanspeak. In addition this is going to be a huge UDFA year. Have you guys checked the talent that is left over after 7 rounds? This class will go down as one of the best ever.

OT GREG ROBINSON AUBURN 9

WR ALLEN ROBINSON PENN STATE 41

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES FLORIDA STATE 73

S AHMAD DIXON BAYLOR 105

TE CROCKETT GILMORE COLORADO STATE 137

CB BENNETT JACKSON NOTRE DAME 169

DE WILL CLARKE WVU 201

OTJAKE MATTHEWS

TEXAS A&M

G XAVIER SU’A-FILO

UCLA

ILB CHRIS BORLAND

WISCONSIN

RB LACHE SEASTRUNK

BAYLOR

QB AARON MURRAY

GEORGIA

WR JEFF JANIS

SAGINAW VALLEY STATE

TE COLT LYERLA

OREGON

Edited by Acantha

Here's what I Drafted...I doubt very much either of my top two picks will be available when the Bills go to Draft at #9 and #41...But they were there and I took em'... B-)

9. OT Greg Robinson

41. WR Kelvin Benjamin

73. CB Loucheiz Purifoy

105 OT Jack Mewhort

137. ILB Max Bullough

169. RB James Wilder Jr.

201. TE Jake Murphy

DE KONY EALY MISSOURI 9

TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS WASHINGTON 41

ILB SHAYNE SKOV STANFORD 73

C BRYAN STORK FLORIDA STATE 105

ILB ANDREW JACKSON WESTERN KENTUCKY 137

QB TAJH BOYD CLEMSON 169

TE COLT LYERLA OREGON 201

Tight end and ILB heavy - you can believe the Bills would be scrambling for DBs after the draft lol if I had to do it again I'd probably take Purifoy in the 3rd instead Skov it makes more sense but I just think Shayne Skov sounds more like a football player than Loucheiz Purifoy which sounds like a Cuban Jazz Saxophonist to me.

R1 Jake Matthews, OT

R2 David Yankey, OG

R3 Shayne Skov, ILB

R4 Brandon Coleman, WR

R5 Aaron Murray, QB

R6 Storm Johnson, RB

R7 Xavier Grimble, TE

The playmakers I wanted in my draft were all taken in the first round- as a result I took Yankey in the 2nd as BPA. Wouldn't be a bad thing to beef up the OLine.

Storm Johnson and Aaron Murray were both excellent values in later rounds. I took BPA for the majority of the draft but felt TE and WR were lacking as they were taken in bunches early.

Marquise Lee was drafted 5! Watkins 2! Jeez..

I pretended to make a trade with the Browns which involved the Bills giving the #9 pick to the Browns for picks #26, #35, #83. It was close enough on the draft trade chart and if the Browns want to pair their new QB with a great WR like Watkins if he fell to #9, then I could see it happening.

So then on a "Browns" simulator I picked Manziel for their first pick, then I made the picks and pieced together this Bills draft...

Rd 1 / #26 WR KELVIN BENJAMIN / FLORIDA STATE

Rd 2 / #35 G XAVIER SU’A-FILO / UCLA

Rd 2 / #41 OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON / TENNESSEE

Rd 3 / #73 TE TROY NIKLAS / NOTRE DAME

Rd 3 / #83 ILB CHRISTIAN JONES / FLORIDA STATE

This draft would be nuts IMO.

Edited by 1billsfan

I like this one better than my last one

R1 KONY EALY DE

R2 AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS TE

R3 GABE JACKSON OG

R4 DONTE MONCRIEF WR

R5 ANDREW JACKSON ILB

R6 CROCKETT GILMORE TE

R7 COLT LYERLA TE

I doubt most people see RDE as a need but I don't think the Bills have one on the Team and while Ealy isn't the physical freak Clowney is he's a full size DE who can get after the QB and is not a liability against the run.

You guys would call for my head if I were the GM for the Buffalo Bills with this draft

WR MIKE EVANSTEXAS A&M

S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIXALABAMA

ILB CHRIS BORLANDWISCONSIN

RB CARLOS HYDEOHIO STATE

QB AARON MURRAYGEORGIA

CB RASHAAD REYNOLDSOREGON STATE

DT JAY BROMLEYSYRACUSE

Mostly BPA or near-BPA to fit needs. Couldn't pass-up Murray in 5, CB was the worst of the evils in 6, and a hopeful to take KWs spot in 7 because he's getting up there. ALOT of QBs / WRs in the later round that I couldn't take. Since we are unsure of Byrd I took S in 2. and FJs replacement in 3.

I'd be happy with that draft, love Hyde in the mid rounds. I believe he's the type of RB Marrone wants in this offense.