Bills hire Jim Hostler as Senior Offensive Assistant

d_wag

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news...glad to see his strengths fit right in where the BILLS WRs and to some degree, the Offense in general, need to improve.

Lots of people were snarky about hiring coaches from the Lions because they aren't looked at as a successful franchise. This is a hire who has a Superbowl ring that is 1 year old. Until this year, they were in the playoffs every year snce they drafted Flacco. He knows what it takes to get there and I think pairing him with Hackett will be beneficial.

On the other hand, considering that Hostler has OC ambitions, it could ratchet the pressure UP on Hackett.

In that sense, yes...I meant the pressure of assuming multiple roles in coaching up the offense. I'd prefer it if he can focus near exclusively on putting guys in position to make plays.

Most coaches in the NFL have crossed paths at some point. Are we supposed to not hire anyone Marrone knows?

Maybe we should take it even further and not allow Marrone to hire anyone that has crossed paths with anyone he has crossed paths with....because, in that instance, we all know Marrone would be doing nothing more than hiring the buddy of a buddy...

Lots of people were snarky about hiring coaches from the Lions because they aren't looked at as a successful franchise. This is a hire who has a Superbowl ring that is 1 year old. Until this year, they were in the playoffs every year snce they drafted Flacco. He knows what it takes to get there and I think pairing him with Hackett will be beneficial.

Coach speak!

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe we should take it even further and not allow Marrone to hire anyone that has crossed paths with anyone he has crossed paths with....because, in that instance, we all know Marrone would be doing nothing more than hiring the buddy of a buddy...

In the incestuous world of pro football coaches, that will be nearly impossible to accomplish.

Adam and Eve were fricken pro football coaches for crissakes.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I suspect that the hiring of Hostler means we will not be taking a WR at 9, but rather working our young guys into a dynamic group. I further suspect that he will work with CJ to help turn him into a more Percy Harvin player and will devise ways of getting CJ the ball in open space allowing him to do his thing.

As one of the biggest critics of Hackett, i love this hire and the hire of a QB coach!!

Yes, these moves do say Hackett was in over his head! As i said at the end of the year, we will know what kind of coach we have in Marrone by how he handles Hackett and the Offense. The fact that Marrone has added two guys says he is not a stubborn ego maniac, instead it says he gets he needs to adapt. This is a great sign and gives me hope.

Now lets hope the hires come together and can get the most out of the talent that they have, If they do that, i think we got something going here.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect that the hiring of Hostler means we will not be taking a WR at 9, but rather working our young guys into a dynamic group. I further suspect that he will work with CJ to help turn him into a more Percy Harvin player and will devise ways of getting CJ the ball in open space allowing him to do his thing.

that seems to be literally pulling ideas out of thin air - though, it also just by luck of the draw has good odds of being right (even if considered a need, WR at 9 is only so likely)

Edited by NoSaint

I'll have what you're having... :beer: