Brandon talks with AP about Byrd's contract

Beerball

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he's had some info before on certain things that have come into fruition. I think he spoke about Manny Lawson before anyone else. Don't quote me on that. Either way its nice to hear something positive. :rolleyes:

He's also hear that the Bills will be targetting LB in free agency. Happy with that too. Spikes would be good.

Yeah he's had some info before on certain things that have come into fruition. I think he spoke about Manny Lawson before anyone else. Don't quote me on that. Either way its nice to hear something positive. :rolleyes:

He's also hear that the Bills will be targetting LB in free agency. Happy with that too. Spikes would be good.

yes to Byrd

NO to Spikes

Cool...thanks. Hoping against Spikes though

Dont want to hijack a thread here but what is wrong with getting spikes? He's the run stuffing LB we need. The attitude I can deal with, we have a strong enough locker room to deal with that,

The attitude could lead to his next suspension and this is a kid that Belicheck has issues with -- buyer beware.

Agreed. I have little regard for Spikes and two-down LBs aren't a commodity anyway. I hope Pepper Johnson doesn't lobby for the guy.

GO BILLS!!!

Actually K-9 , though we may never know , if P Johnson does lobby for Brandon" eye gouging defenseless players" Spikes i will not vote for Pepper when Shwaatz gets the call to HC again.

I have a physical dislike of that there hoodlum

Dont want to hijack a thread here but what is wrong with getting spikes? He's the run stuffing LB we need. The attitude I can deal with, we have a strong enough locker room to deal with that,

No. Once a person does bad things that are unethical and really border on disgusting they dont usually have much chance of getting on the right path.

If its a run stopper you want there is better in the draft.

I dont want any inherently viscous borderline criminal types.

And the locker room strong enough theory? Should rarely if ever be the solve for a proven ass head

That would be very nice...anyone know if this dude has ever had reliable info before?

Just found his Twitter but he did say this:

Buddy Nixon@BuddyNixon 1h

Once again, our source has nailed manny Lawson, Kiko offseason surgery(still not released) and pepper Johnson. Doesn't mean always happens.

​FWIW it sounds like, from this guy's source, Whaley is much more tight lipped than Nix ever was. I think we all saw this with the coaching hires over the past month... very little, if anything, leaked before the announcements. Contrast to the Browns where it seemed like anytime they even thought about talking to a guy, someone tweeted about them being "consideration"

Edited by YoloinOhio

Actually K-9 , though we may never know , if P Johnson does lobby for Brandon" eye gouging defenseless players" Spikes i will not vote for Pepper when Shwaatz gets the call to HC again.

No. Once a person does bad things that are unethical and really border on disgusting they dont usually have much chance of getting on the right path.

And the locker room strong enough theory? Should rarely if ever be the solve for a proven ass head

Alright, for discussion, let's say they don't go after Spikes. Which other LB would they target in free agency?

I just read somewhere that it was promised to Pepper he would be the DC if Shwartz got an HC job down the road. I will have to remember where I saw that, it would have been either this board or twitter. Sounds like it is in his contract.

Free agency is why all this draft talk is a mute point at present because the holes filled in FA will then dictate where we draft.

Here's a list of the FA ILB's.

Inside linebackers

Karlos Dansby ARI

Daryl Smith BAL

Arthur Moats BUF

Dan Connor CAR

Jason Williams CAR

Blake Costanzo CHI

D.J. Williams CHI

Wesley Woodyard DEN

Stewart Bradley DEN

Paris Lenon DEN

Rob Francois GB

Joe Mays HOU

Darryl Sharpton HOU

Pat Angerer IND

Kavell Conner IND

Akeem Jordan KC

Austin Spitler MIA

Desmond Bishop MIN

Erin Henderson MIN

Dane Fletcher NE

Brandon Spikes NE

Ramon Humber NO

Jonathan Vilma NO

Jon Beason NYG

Josh Mauga NYJ

Stevenson Sylvester PIT

Donald Butler SD

Will Witherspoon STL

Jacob Cutrera TB

Zac Diles TEN

Nick Barnett WAS

London Fletcher WAS

Bryan Kehl WAS

Perry Riley WAS

Edited by dailar

Alright, for discussion, let's say they don't go after Spikes. Which other LB would they target in free agency?

Just saw this..VB is a OLB though - also coming off of a torn ACL and under contract with the Saints, I think.

Buddy Nixon@BuddyNixon 8m

@CrawfyTalk @RyanTalbotBills Dansby, but price is a factor. Victor Butler is a true favorite.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just saw this..VB is a OLB though

Buddy Nixon@BuddyNixon 8m

@CrawfyTalk @RyanTalbotBills Dansby, but price is a factor. Victor Butler is a true favorite.

I also thought he signed a relatively big deal with NO last offseason

EDIT:

2-years $3M

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/victor-butler/

Edited by thebandit27