Pollard to be released/take huge pay cut

DreamOnDan

Bullshite. I firmly believe that Euhus will be a player in this league.

give the kid time, we have more important things to worry about than a TE.

212617[/snapback]

He showed promise, but can he bounce back from the injury next year?

And I wouldn't mind having a better veteran tight end as well as a young guy with potential.

Because of fantasy football, I have paid a lot of attention to Pollard over the years. He is decent, and may be better than anyone on our roster, but I also think he is a tad overrated. As someone pointed out, he drops a ton of passes. In that offense, his numbers could/should have been huge. Indy apparently felt the same way, when they drafted Dallas Clark. Pollard, good player, but not worth the money he was commanding. I would still be interested, if the price were right. At his best, he could be Keith McKellar all over again, minus all the injuries!

Sadly, the reason we are focusing in on a TE so much is because Bledsoe needs an all-pro TE to succeed.

Sure, it's nice for every team to have one, but Mr. Cement Shoes tends to panic and throw, and it would be nice to have a TE.

Well, instead of dumping a ton of money into one of the leagues best TEs, why not get rid of the problem, stick with Euhus, and spend that money on bigger issues (kicker, Oline, kicker).

Bullshite. I firmly believe that Euhus will be a player in this league.

give the kid time, we have more important things to worry about than a TE.

212617[/snapback]

Euhus or Campbell MAY be our answer at TE, BUT both are hurt with knee injuries. We need some insurance and a solid starting TE with proven abilities would be a welcome addition to this team. We don't know how long it will take either of them to recover 100% and we have NO depth at the position.

I would welcome Franks, Pollard or Jones, and in that order.

I'd take marcus pollard in a heartbeat unless we can get a trade with miami  henry for mcmichael/draft pick?  But Pollard would be a great te to groom Tim Euhus.

212630[/snapback]

are you smoking what Ricky Williams is smoking?????? No WAY do they give up McMichael and a draft pick for T.Henry...

Sadly, the reason we are focusing in on a TE so much is because Bledsoe needs an all-pro TE to succeed.

Sure, it's nice for every team to have one, but Mr. Cement Shoes tends to panic and throw, and it would be nice to have a TE.

Well, instead of dumping a ton of money into one of the leagues best TEs, why not get rid of the problem, stick with Euhus, and spend that money on bigger issues (kicker, Oline, kicker).

212674[/snapback]

Because the future is now.

I think Euhus showed some good potential this year and in his 3rd year or so could become a feared weapon. However, depending upon what the docs judge as the severity of his injury, in the best case it will not hinder his development and I do not see him becoming the weapon we want at TE this year and if he follows the normal rehab from the injury he suffered (I understand it was an ACL tear) he actually will be a year and a half post injury before he returns to the level of development he had pre-injury.

Bledsoe definitely used Coates well and also seemed to miss the world-call pas catching of Centers when we went to the very good but not world class pass catching and safety valve of Gash. However, though this is nice, it is beside the point because JP or whomever is QB will profit from having a pass-catching weapon at TE and WM will profit from having a good run blocker there.

Will Euhus be the weapon we want as a pass catcher/run blocker next year? Looks prettty doubtful as under exisiting condition he showed promise but no one expected the sophomore to blossom and after the injury, his junior year as a pro would be great for us.

Is Campbell there. From time to time but not consistently and he also is coming off a season ending imjury.

Should we mortgage the ranch and the dog to get a TE weapon this year? No from my point of view. Should we look aggressively for a TE with some proven ability and hope TD can make a "Sam Adams" like deal for him?

You bet.

The Bledsoe issue is a sideshow issue on this one as far as I am concerned. It is questionable how effective he will be even with a stud TE, but he certainlyy will be better with one. JP is clearly our QB of the future, but it remains uncertain whether the future will be 2004, 2006 or ever. He also will be helped by a stud TE.

Buy a TE for 2005. Don't spend everything to get one. If JP is ready JP plays, if JP isn't ready then Bledsoe or someone else if he will not take a paycut plays.

It seems pretty straightforward to me and getting as many possibilities on the table for a TE seems like a smart thing to do.