Have you Herd??! The Stampede is on!!!

Tipster19

I haven't posted in quite some time but after reading about Dareus making the Pro Bowl as the 4th Bill to do so I can't help but to daydream about the good times that is about to come down the pike for all the long suffering Bills' fans! I just hope that we retain Byrd and have a strong draft/FA period so that we can add whatever players that are necessary to making this one of the best defenses in the NFL for the 2014 season!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Convinced they like to screw the Bills over by putting guys in the Pro Bowl who do not deserve it like Dareus and Kyle Williams.

Dareus was one of only five players with 7 sacks and 70 tackles, Williams had 10 sacks, 10 for a tackle, that is a lot! They both deserve to be in the pro bowl.

Dareus was one of only five players with 7 sacks and 70 tackles, Williams had 10 sacks, 10 for a tackle, that is a lot! They both deserve to be in the pro bowl.

Not even close, they can't stop the run, and Kyle Williams is most overrated player in football. He is awful. In the 8 years he has been on the Bills the highest against the run the Bills were was 24th, and usually they are 28 and higher. He is so overmatched. He would not start for any other team.

His production you see has the smallest impact of any player I can think of.

If you had a WAR stat like in baseball his would be ZERO!!! No impact at all.

Edited by Security

Not even close, they can't stop the run, and Kyle Williams is most overrated player in football. He is awful. In the 8 years he has been on the Bills the highest against the run the Bills were was 24th, and usually they are 28 and higher. He is so overmatched. He would not start for any other team.

that couldn't possibly have anything to do with our perrenially weak linebacking corps.

Yep, Fletcher all pro, Poz, all Pro, I agree for the most part they were and have been a weak unit, but it is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that the soft middle of the line that has been gashed for 8 years has DONE NOTHING to help this team against the run. Stopping the run starts with the DL, and the start we have sucks at doing that, and has for a long time.

Convinced they like to screw the Bills over by putting guys in the Pro Bowl who do not deserve it like Dareus and Kyle Williams.

No mention of Byrd not deserving of it? He's the guy in the middle of a contract nightmare and gets voted after missing 1/3 of the season.

While his statistical ranking according to many websites might have him a bit overrated, the other remarks are just ridiculous.

Edited by NewEra

No mention of Byrd not deserving of it? He's the guy in the middle of a contract nightmare and gets voted after missing 1/3 of the season.

While his statistical ranking according to many websites might have him a bit overrated, the other remarks are just ridiculous.

He does not deserve it either. Neither did Peters on some years here, or Ruben Brown too from years back.

Which I feel is the position (LB) that the Bills will address with our first pick in the draft.

I hope you are correct! We have been touting our a LB corps that is worse than some colleges for years. At least we have Kiko, now we need more. We can add to the LB and DL by drafting Mack, Mosley, or Barr in Rd1, and Aaron Donald in Rd. 2.

I always laugh when posters here announce that Kyle Williams is lousy or even "over rated".

Williams, since his arrival in Buffalo, has consistently dominated the rest of the league; which is why his peers and opposing coaches, who have to play and scheme against him, vote him into to Pro Bowl.

Someone call SECURITY!.....Nevermind.

Truly awful... and cheap... and too damn easy : )

I hope you are correct! We have been touting our a LB corps that is worse than some colleges for years. At least we have Kiko, now we need more. We can add to the LB and DL by drafting Mack, Mosley, or Barr in Rd1, and Aaron Donald in Rd. 2.

We have Lawson we have Hughes both play very well indeed. Huge improvement this year and thanks Doug Whaley for that .

so close.

and stop that pesky run gashing please

Not even close, they can't stop the run, and Kyle Williams is most overrated player in football. He is awful. In the 8 years he has been on the Bills the highest against the run the Bills were was 24th, and usually they are 28 and higher. He is so overmatched.

By this rationale neither Eric Berry, Brandon Flowers or Eric Weddle should be pro bowlers either since both the Chiefs and Chargers were terrible against the pass this year. Maybe they should only elect players from teams that are good in that positions specific part of the game.

I always laugh when posters here announce that Kyle Williams is lousy or even "over rated".

Williams, since his arrival in Buffalo, has consistently dominated the rest of the league; which is why his peers and opposing coaches, who have to play and scheme against him, vote him into to Pro Bowl.

He is the classic, hard to play against, but easy to beat overrated player that always gets this type of cred and you all are fooled.

He is the classic, hard to play against, but easy to beat overrated player that always gets this type of cred and you all are fooled.

Right. The guy who spends two thirds of the game 1-5 yards deep in the opponents backfield is easy to beat. Everyone wishes they played against Kyle Williams every week. I mean, never mind the fact that he dominates his gap assignment, disrupts the backfield, and pressures the QB; forcing the opposition to scheme against him and account for him every week. Lets just blame him for cut back runs worked though the C and A gaps while he's got the B gap shut down like the post office on a federal holiday.

#sillythingsireadtoday

Right. The guy who spends two thirds of the game 1-5 yards deep in the opponents backfield is easy to beat. Everyone wishes they played against Kyle Williams every week. I mean, never mind the fact that he dominates his gap assignment, disrupts the backfield, and pressures the QB; forcing the opposition to scheme against him and account for him every week. Lets just blame him for cut back runs worked though the C and A gaps while he's got the B gap shut down like the post office on a federal holiday.

#sillythingsireadtoday

For all that you say,he still has NO impact at all on a game, He is an insignificant player for the Bills. He means nothing at all in reality on the field when it comes to stopping the run and winning. Longest tenured player, and a representative of a losing history. Might as well trade him or cut him, and I know he would not be a starter elsewhere.