Roger Goodell: NFL will explore eliminating the extra point

papazoid

I wasn't sure about this idea at first, but the more I've thought about, the more I like it. Not sure why the extra point was ever added in the first place when you think about it, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

This is exactly what I said earlier, and what I've said for years. The whole thing is stupid!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of like the 3rd phase of the game, myself. Though, the Bills did keep Crossman, so getting rid of special teams plays does have a certain appeal. I do agree that the commercial breaks after the extra point and then after the kickoff (which is often just an exhibition in kicking a football out of the back of the endzone) do pack in a lot of commercial snooze time in a big lump.

Goodall has to be the WORST commissioner in NFL history. Constantly messing around with rules that don't need to be changed. It needs to stop right now.

He's already pretty much eliminated kickoff returns from the game. He's made it completely impossible to tell what a catch is. Illegal hit penalties are inconsistent and turning the sport into two hand touch. And now we may be looking at a snow storm moving the freaking Super Bowl to another day.

That's not even counting all of his proposed ideas like expanding the regular season or adding more playoff spots. Ugh.

NFLPA president: Roger Goodell was close to canceling Pro Bowl

The Pro Bowl is Sunday night, but commissioner Roger Goodell was considering doing away with the game, according NFL Players Association president Domonique Foxworth.

Roger was very serious about potentially canceling the Pro Bowl, because apparently it's very expensive and isn't of a ton of value to them, Foxworth told USA Today this week.

To be honest with you, I was completely comfortable with eliminating it until I talked to the players, and they said they loved it and they want to be there.

http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/26/roger-goodell-was-close-to-canceling-pro-bowl/?eref=sihp

Edited by papazoid

Goodall has to be the WORST commissioner in NFL history. Constantly messing around with rules that don't need to be changed. It needs to stop right now.

He's already pretty much eliminated kickoff returns from the game. He's made it completely impossible to tell what a catch is. Illegal hit penalties are inconsistent and turning the sport into two hand touch. And now we may be looking at a snow storm moving the freaking Super Bowl to another day.

That's not even counting all of his proposed ideas like expanding the regular season or adding more playoff spots. Ugh.

You know Goodell doesn't make any of those decisions.....don't you?

I mean, do you?

Talk about fixing something that ain't broken.

I love how in Goodell's video he says when they look at rules the first thing they think about is safety. It's always about player safety. He is a marketeer after all. It's always about player safety, except lets have more Thursday Night games where the guys play on 3 days rest and extend the season to 18 games.

Leave it alone.

It's broken in the sense it adds little to the excitement or variability in the game. 2 point conversions are far less predictable and would greatly impact the outcome of games.

I doubt they change anything but it is interesting to look at it.