Tom Brady appreciation thread

cale

Have they won a SB since SpyGate? In the last 8 to 9 years they fallen short because they don't have to complete team.

Curious

Do you put the Steelers in the same category as they have been (sometimes) deep in the playoffs for most of the last decade?

How about the Raves? The Saints?, Packers?.

Not sure what you're asking here. What category are you referring to? Successful franchises? Yes.

FTR. I believe, based on nothing but my own skepticism, that every team did the exact same stuff the Pats did WRT cheating. If I remember correctly, the reaction from others coaches/former coaches was a lot more harsh on Mangini than Bellichick for essentially giving up trade secrets. I just personally feel that the whole cheating angle is played out.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However any of us feel personally, the cheating angle will never be played out until: Brady and Belechick retire, or, they win another SB.

That's all there is to it. The "no SBs since they cheated" is always going to be a legitimate position, until one of the 2 happens. You want to say: The "league punished them"(so this should be over)?

No, the opposite: the NFL punished them, which acknowledges their guilt, but then? The NFL went into 100% damage control mode. While that is good for the NFL....it's always going to suck for Brady/Belechick.

That's because, we never got to the bottom of exactly who did what. That uncertainty legitimizes the "no SBs since they cheated" position, and it always will.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Let's not forget about the teams that won the SB while going over the salary cap. This one really bothers me as I always thought the cap was a great equalizer in football. I believe San Fran the year Steve Young got hid ring was one of them.

Edited by MrLocke

Dude, your opinion doesn't even matter b/c you've already admitted you're a Patriots fan.

Now i know my opinion does not matter because someone's who had a bad cuckold experience told me so.

Never said I was a Pats fan. Said I root for them when Buffalo gets eliminated. Some people think being a good fan is displaying as much venom as possible. Reminds me of the idiots in the stands who get drunk and want to fight. A very pathetic lot.

Edited by Kemp

To be fair...Jim Kelly was quite good at winning in the playoffs. It was the Super Bowl that seemed to give him problems.

I'm a Bills fan and want Brady to retire too, but let's talk about being fair. Brady has won his share of playoff games too(he made it to the SB 5 times).

Now i know my opinion does not matter because someone's who had a bad cuckold experience told me so.

Never said I was a Pats fan. Said I root for them when Buffalo gets eliminated. Some people think being a good fan is displaying as much venom as possible. Reminds me of the idiots in the stands who get drunk and want to fight. A very pathetic lot.

As opposed to the guy watching wrestling correcting his friends' slander toward the heel, explaining to them that the heel is actually a very talented athlete who deserves respect. Lighten up, it's not that serious.

Do you have a link for this?

One story I'm familiar with was in the 1970s the Cowboys practiced at a practice field next to a 6 or 7 story hotel. Whenever the Cowboys were playing the Redskins, they would rent out every room on the side facing the practice field for the whole week. George Allen was known to send guys there to film practice. I wonder if Marv was ever on this detail? But are we sure that was against the rules back then, or when Madden was coach? Not sure.

I got this from first hand knowledge from hanging out at the Cowboys practice field with my Dad. Cowboys staff told us about it.

I did find this though: "Staubach and Pearson said the Cowboys would buy up the rooms at the Days Inn next to the Cowboys' practice fields during Redskins Week for fear of spies sent from Allen to watch practice." http://espn.go.com/d...ington-redskins

Edited by reddogblitz

One story I'm familiar with was in the 1970s the Cowboys practiced at a practice field next to a 6 or 7 story hotel. Whenever the Cowboys were playing the Redskins, they would rent out every room on the side facing the practice field for the whole week. George Allen was known to send guys there to film practice. I wonder if Marv was ever on this detail? But are we sure that was against the rules back then, or when Madden was coach? Not sure.

Here's one link among many. Pretty interesting about Johnson/Schottenheimer: http:// bleacher report . com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

Note that to check this out, you have eliminate the spaces I created in the link.

Also, just do a Google search of "Al Davis" and "spying" and/or "bugging."

Mods - Bleacher Report is way better than it used to be, and the ban on linking to it is anachronistic (in my opinion).

Edited by dave mcbride

Poor Tom Brady ...... wussy with a P

http://www.cbssports...per-bowl-xlviii

Tom Brady could 'care less' about watching Super Bowl XLVIII

Tom_Brady_Wont_Watch_SB_XLVIII.jpg

Watching a Super Bowl unfold -- after coming up one game short of playing in it -- can't be easy. It might not happen at all in the case of Tom Brady.

The Patriots quarterback, speaking to WEEI during his weekly appearance, said that he could "care less" about watching the 2014 Super Bowl.

"I don't have much of a rooting interest, truthfully," Brady said. "Those games are hard to watch. I don't really see myself sitting down to enjoy a football game to watch it. Our season's over. Truthfully, I could care less about watching the game. That's pretty much how I feel."

Tommy's so down in the dumps he's taking out the garbage

rs_634x1024-140121084413-634.tom-brady-after-game.ls.12114_copy.jpg

can't you feel for the guy?

hell no!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Whether we like him or not, he's a first ballot Hall Of Famer and one of the best QB's of all time. I doubt that he's some kind of evil/bad guy off the field.

Honestly, I think we all don't like him for one reason: He's pretty much owned our team since the beginning of his career.

So is my intense dislike pathetic? Absolutely! I dind't like Marino when he was playing for the fish either, but he's still in the HOF and by all accounts is a great guy.

Maybe if Brady ends up playing for another team out of the division his last year in the league (like Joe Montana), I won't hate him so much.

Edited by gobillsinytown

Did Giselle stand up for her man again?

He can't F :censored: ing pass it and catch it at the same time and hand off and run the ball at the same time.

If Brady wasn't such a cocky bee-atch I would actually like the guy.

I liked Bledsoe when the PUTZ were beating the Bills, just as I liked Manning when the Colts were beating the Bills, just as I liked Marino when the Fish tried to beat the Bills.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Whether we like him or not, he's a first ballot Hall Of Famer and one of the best QB's of all time. I doubt that he's some kind of evil/bad guy off the field.

Honestly, I think we all don't like him for one reason: He's pretty much owned our team since the beginning of his career.

So is my intense dislike pathetic? Absolutely! I dind't like Marino when he was playing for the fish either, but he's still in the HOF and by all accounts is a great guy.

Maybe if Brady ends up playing for another team out of the division his last year in the league (like Joe Montana), I won't hate him so much.

I don't know the intense dislike you feel, so I can't say for sure, but I'd wager it's probably not. If you're sitting around fantasizing over torturing Tom Brady in real life, then yes, it's probably worse than pathetic. If, however, you simply hate Tom Brady the player, I'd say that's part of the fun of being a fan. I don't get why so many Brady fanboys have to point out his attributes whenever someone rips on him.

I gotta think if you were watching the game with a friend and every time Brady screwed up and you yelled something to the effect of "you suck, Brady" he kept saying, "yeah, but you know he's one of the greatest ever," I'm guessing you'd find a reason not to watch football with him anymore. I know I would. In short, you're not the one with the problem, it's the guys who not only can't root against "the bad guy," but can't sit by while you do without taking the opportunity to give him a hummer that have the problem.

Tom_Brady_Wont_Watch_SB_XLVIII.jpg

Watching a Super Bowl unfold -- after coming up one game short of playing in it -- can't be easy. It might not happen at all in the case of Tom Brady.

The Patriots quarterback, speaking to WEEI during his weekly appearance, said that he could "care less" about watching the 2014 Super Bowl.

"I don't have much of a rooting interest, truthfully," Brady said. "Those games are hard to watch. I don't really see myself sitting down to enjoy a football game to watch it. Our season's over. Truthfully, I could care less about watching the game. That's pretty much how I feel."

Tommy's so down in the dumps he's taking out the garbage

rs_634x1024-140121084413-634.tom-brady-after-game.ls.12114_copy.jpg

can't you feel for the guy?

hell no!

I remember several years ago (I think the year Manning won the SB) and after Manning shook Tommy Tough Guy's hand every time the Pats eliminated him in the playoffs, Brady wouldn't shake Manning's hand after losing, and instead went straight to the locker room to cry. It's that kind of garbage that has me scratching my head when a Buffalo Brady fan talks about what a "class act" he is.

Edited by Rob's House

He's giving an honest answer to a question. He just lost the AFC Championship game. What is he supposed to say?--gonna get my popcorn ready?

I'm sure there are plenty of players (those who perrenially don't make the playoffs, and therefoe suffer no such dissappointments, and have had a month to enjoy golfing and fishing and bumming around with the old gang and going to clubs, etc.) who are much more looking forward to watching some more quality football than Brady is (or many of the pats or 49ers, I would bet). If someone was dumb enough to ask Vernon Davis, "hey, are you not HYPED to watch the SB?!", he would give the same answer as Brady.

4 days after ending another losing season, what was on our team's biggest star's mind? Bitter diappointment? No, it was his amicable resolution of the drama surrounded his engagement ring.

I remember several years ago (I think the year Manning won the SB) and after Manning shook Tommy Tough Guy's hand every time the Pats eliminated him in the playoffs, Brady wouldn't shake Manning's hand after losing, and instead went straight to the locker room to cry. It's that kind of garbage that has me scratching my head when a Buffalo Brady fan talks about what a "class act" he is.

He shook his hand at the end of this game.

Edited by Mr. WEO