Manuel appears on WKBW

Beerball

Are you a doctor?

Obviously not but counting on his knee to just heel when there is obviously a problem is a mistake IMO

What are you going to think if and when his knee flares up again next year bc we all know he won't be playing when it does

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we wagering pastries on this?

!@#$ing auto correct. :lol:

All the hard work in the world won't help him if he doesn't focus on the right things. I doubt his accuracy improves next year, because I doubt he revamps his mechanics.

:wallbash:

So if you don't believe that he is going to work on, among other things, his accuracy and mechanics, what do you think he is going to work on, his hair?

:thumbsup:

Obviously not but counting on his knee to just heel when there is obviously a problem is a mistake IMO

What are you going to think if and when his knee flares up again next year bc we all know he won't be playing when it does

If you're not a doctor, why do you think your opinion on the matter should supersede the decisions made by the medical professionals who have and will continue to assess him?

!@#$ing auto correct. :lol:

:wallbash:

:thumbsup:

If you're not a doctor, why do you think your opinion on the matter should supersede the decisions made by the medical professionals who have and will continue to assess him?

I guess you don't understand how hard it is to change mechanics that you've had since you first threw a football. Manuel has ~18 years of bad habits. He needs a good QB coach, period.

I guess you don't understand how hard it is to change mechanics that you've had since you first threw a football. Manuel has ~18 years of bad habits. He needs a good QB coach, period.

I see.

I don't understand. EJ doesn't understand. The guys at his quarterback institute don't understand. The state of New York, in general, doesn't understand. You, however, understand.

I see.

I don't understand. EJ doesn't understand. The guys at his quarterback institute don't understand. The state of New York, in general, doesn't understand. You, however, understand.

You disagree he needs a good QB coach? How do you know EJ disagrees?

Maybe EJ will be the first QB to just try really hard and wake up one morning good. If so, we have a revolutionary player on our hands.

Edited by FireChan

Do you think lack of practice time with his Wrs because of injuries could be a factor?

No I don't. I think his instincts are poor on the football field, hence the propensity for throws to stationary targets and check-downs. When a receiver isn't open, he's not making the throw. That'll work in the college game, but it's not in the NFL. And while I don't expect him to be elite right now, he doesn't make the throws a NFL QB should make nor does he seem inclined to throw receivers open.

And then there's the mechanics and touch on throws which need a lot of work. I'm not sure the team has the time to wait for him to improve from raw young QB to being consistent to make this team a 10 win plus club.

I see.

:lol:

Saw this article right after FSU won the NC game and thought it was cool ... not many realize how much EJ had to do with Jameis's success this year. They just slam him for not winning the NC last year with the "same team" (not true, but people like to say it).

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20140111/jameis-winston-credits-ej-manuel-for-help-along-the-way

Manuel made a habit of throwing primarily to open receivers and stationary targets. He's not throwing receivers open the way you see the top QB's do. It's part of the reason why he maintains a low yards per attempt with a low completion percentage. I can't think of a worse pair of bad metrics to demonstrate future ability.

One other thing was he lacked touch on throws. I saw short throws that he rifled to the receiver and then medium throws without enough behind them.

What I've been trying to say.

Just look at the fade patterns he throws near the goal line. He sailed them numerous times. His Hail Marys in the jets games. His debacle against Tampa. It's not that he. Doesn't have receivers open. It's that he doesn't recognize it and have the ability to get it there. If people would just stop being stat nerds and actually watch the game they would see he lacks majorly in areas NFL quarterbacks have to be strong. Better completion percentage than Peyton. Lol

How is it a mistake? You have no medical background. You haven't examined his knee or even have an idea of the severity of the injury. You're just blindly assuming surgery is the best option which is foolish.

Perhaps all that was needed for his knee to heel was rest and strength training.

Can you predict the future? When you're not busy being an internet doctor are you also a psychic?

Where do you come off proclaiming that he's going to continue having knee issues next season?

Reports were that aside from a couple lockout mini camps with the goon squad, Fitz did little to nothing during the offseason. I'm sure Trent played a lot of golf and JP probably went surfing in Vietnam.

Is there anybody that donuts whether EJ will be hands-down the hardest working offseason QB Buffalo has had In a LONG time?

I'm not expecting miracles over night. Brady took 3-4 years of constant work before he became more than a game manager. But I'm anticipating a noticeable leap in Manuel year 2.

We shall see.

If it happens we are Soooooo overdue for a change of luck at the QB position.

You disagree he needs a good QB coach? How do you know EJ disagrees?

Maybe EJ will be the first QB to just try really hard and wake up one morning good. If so, we have a revolutionary player on our hands.

What are you TALKING about? Nobody has said he doesn't need good coaching. Nobody.

You, on the other hand, insisted that no amount of coaching can overcome the deficiencies that you and--apparently--only you have picked up on.

What are you TALKING about? Nobody has said he doesn't need good coaching. Nobody.

You, on the other hand, insisted that no amount of coaching can overcome the deficiencies that you and--apparently--only you have picked up on.

I never said that. You obviously misread me.

It's odd though. I said he needs a good QB coach. You quoted it. And now you're saying something completely different. Did you miss that in your race to be snarky and the smartest guy in the thread?

Edited by FireChan

I never said that. You obviously misread me.

It's odd though. I said he needs a good QB coach. You quoted it. And now you're saying something completely different. Did you miss that in your race to be snarky and the smartest guy in the thread?

Well I'm doing a lousy job of being smart then since I--like several other people in this thread--misread.

I'm in the camp that says draft another QB high if the FO has a guy rated high and he's available. Kolb and the other no-names were not a significant hurdle for Manuel to overcome in his 1st camp. In no way does that make him a Franchise Guy and we all know from limited exposure, he has fundamental issues. While I'm not convinced he's a flop, I am equally not convinced he rates years of developing. Get a guy in here who HAS good fundamentals. THAT's what I call a 'high ceiling'.

Eye sea his problemo write their.

Like my pappy used to say, "If your nose runs, and your feet smell... you're built upside down."

Why did they ever draft a QB that has a heel for a knee?

Maybe it'll heal by itself, without surgical intervention.