welp, so much for Chris Christie eh?

Keep swimming against the tide for ideology, and never see a GOP win in your lifetime.

For people who claim to be data driven, many conservatives are blind to demographics & electoral math.

An odd statement, considering all the polls show that more Americans identify with conservative beliefs,

nominating someone in the middle seldoms works.

It certainly didn't hurt the democrats to nominate Obama.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I certainly don't care about the issue itself but the problem of politicians and their minions abusing their power at the expense of the citizens is why I hate big government with a passion.

Then you must love how the WH is putting Christie on all their front pages today with the Sandy investigation.

Not sure what happens to Christie moving forward, but I'll be curious to see what happens the next time Obama asks for a photo op.

An odd statement, considering all the polls show that more Americans identify with conservative beliefs,

nominating someone in the middle seldoms works.

It certainly didn't hurt the democrats to nominate Obama.

Please define what you mean that more Americans identify with conservative beliefs?

Last I recall about 35-40% would be deemed more conservative, while about about 25%-30% are decidedly liberal. That's a big gulf in the middle that decides elections. But carry on and ignore the demographics.

Please define what you mean that more Americans identify with conservative beliefs?

Last I recall about 35-40% would be deemed more conservative, while about about 25%-30% are decidedly liberal. That's a big gulf in the middle that decides elections. But carry on and ignore the demographics.

I would say that while many more people self identify as conservative or centrist that functionally on most given issues there are more people supporting what would be considered the left side- I think this because while the evangelicals are socially conservative they are often more progressive in their views on military, economic , and environmental issues those with a libertarian bent while economically right-wing are often more left-wing on social issues.

One issue I think runs the opposite of this is gun control and I think a case can be made that the reason for this is there are large contingents on the right and the left who do not trust their government.

God, I hope Hilary doesn't win the nomination, war-monger and corporate sellout same as Obama- and her obsession with showing how tough she is shows how weak she is.

I see Christie as the only real threat to her. Eliminate that threat, like the libs are trying to do, and it's smooth sailing to another 8 years of a Dem in the WH.

I'll continue to vote Democrat in protest until/unless the Republicans nominate a Libertarian conservative.

Keep swimming against the tide for ideology, and never see a GOP win in your lifetime.

For people who claim to be data driven, many conservatives are blind to demographics & electoral math.

This.

I see Christie as the only real threat to her. Eliminate that threat, like the libs are trying to do, and it's smooth sailing to another 8 years of a Dem in the WH.

This.

corporate puppet 1 vs corporate puppet 2- I'd like to see Rand Paul vs Elisabeth Warren but who knows they may be double secrete corporate puppets- the only thing that really tells you they're not is the all out political smear campaign,and if they beat that the mysterious plane crash or sniper's bullet.

corporate puppet 1 vs corporate puppet 2- I'd like to see Rand Paul vs Elisabeth Warren but who knows they may be double secrete corporate puppets- the only thing that really tells you they're not is the all out political smear campaign,and if they beat that the mysterious plane crash or sniper's bullet.

You read this...and it becomes readily apparent why the TEA party isn't dead, and will never die. While some may subscribe to this, most people are quite tired of the nonsense/drama tenuously attached to "Corporate America".

"Corporate America"'s involvement in politics is, on the whole, about defense. Defending themselves from the latest, ridiculous, emotional whim from the Democratic party, which some Rs will support because they want to get re-elected...and not about offense. Corporations very existence, from day 1, has been based on the defense of assets from those who would steal them by force...in other words, steal them by government.

Democrats want to steal assets, and give them to the people that vote for them, as a payoff. Period. Ds will lie, distort, invent data, or whatever else they need to do, to try to justify their theft.

This isn't about helping people. If it was: the liberal policies of the last 60 years would SOLVE PROBLEMS, not merely treat the symptoms/hand out $.

No. IF the problems were solved, the NEED for leftist policies dies, and therefore, so does the need for the left to have power. But, this is about power. They don't like the fact that they aren't talented enough to start their own companies and become rich as a result, thus there's no path to power for them the straight up way. Instead, they do things "the government way".

It's not a conspiracy. It's right out there in the open.

Of course, anything a corporation might do to prevent the theft of their assets...becomes "evil", "corrupt", etc.

No. Owners have every right to protect what they own, from people who have 0 right to what they own. Yes, if I use a road, then I should pay tax for that. However, I should not have to pay for someone else's bad choices. I have the right to decide to be charitable to them. No one has a right to compel me to pay for other's bad choices, and they sure as hell don't have the right to do it as a way for them to gain power, without ever solving the problems that result from the bad choices.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

That's just it, I'm not interested in seeing a GOP win if this is what the party looks like. As it stands today, they're barely distinguishable from Democrats. So, GG, more to the point: keep supporting big government Republicans, and you'll never see a GOP win in your lifetime.

The trouble for your theory is that you're pining for candidates that never existed and could never come close to competing on a national stage. Outside Goldwater, name one hardline conservative who made it on the ballot over the last three generations?

There's a world of difference between having the conservative faction framing a big part of the platform vs trying to win a national election.

Horse ****.

Today's corporate culture is about mercantilism, not capitalism. It's about guaranteed and dynastic market share, not protecting profits.

The United States was founded and funded by mercantilism. Nothing has changed on the business side. Exactly which company is a dynasty in your eyes?

Holy revisionism, Batman.

The United States' founding was an argument against British mercantilism.

Because the Americans wanted it for themselves and ended up doing it better than Britain to fund the early stages of the Union.

Horse ****.

Today's corporate culture is about mercantilism, not capitalism. It's about guaranteed and dynastic market share, not protecting profits.

My corporate culture, the one I am literally in charge of creating?

Starts first with me paying a lawyer to figure ways how my assets need to be protected from other lawyers, governments, and various other thieves. My #1 concern right now? One of our outcomes: We break government regulations. I don't mean we don't follow them, or cause clients not to follow them. I mean: we break the reasons for their existence. We take the government's ability to harass our clients away. We leave government worse than powerless: we make them irrelevant.

Thus, at some point, we are going to be in a huge fight with state and Federal governments, because ultimately, they cannot allow us to exist, and have the same $ and power they have today. We expose them, so they can't ignore us. We've already proven this and have had a few minor skirmishes in this battle, so, we prepare for that bigger fight to come, every single day.

I wish it began differently. However, if I don't begin my corporate culture thinking this way, I am being incompetent.

Now, you're telling me that no, I'm not playing defense...I'm paying people to guarantee me market share? WTF?

My market share is 100% based on the quality of the work we do, thank you. You think we need to have some loser politician "help" me get my products & services sold? Not only is that beneath us, it's insulting. We work way too hard, and are too good at what we do, to entertain your idiotic "opinion". It's offensive.

Moreover, you're going to tell me that my clients, many of whom are corporations, begin the creation of their corporate cultures any differently than mine?

They would be just as offended, and rightly so.

Double Horseschit.

My corporate culture, the one I am literally in charge of creating?

Starts first with me paying a lawyer to figure ways how my assets need to be protected from other lawyers, governments, and various other thieves. My #1 concern right now? One of our outcomes: We break government regulations. I don't mean we don't follow them, or cause clients not to follow them. I mean: we break the reasons for their existence. We take the government's ability to harass our clients away. We leave government worse than powerless: we make them irrelevant.

Thus, at some point, we are going to be in a huge fight with state and Federal governments, because ultimately, they cannot allow us to exist, and have the same $ and power they have today. We expose them, so they can't ignore us. We've already proven this and have had a few minor skirmishes in this battle, so, we prepare for that bigger fight to come, every single day.

I wish it began differently. However, if I don't begin my corporate culture thinking this way, I am being incompetent.

Now, you're telling me that no, I'm not playing defense...I'm paying people to guarantee me market share? WTF?

My market share is 100% based on the quality of the work we do, thank you. You think we need to have some loser politician "help" me get my products & services sold? Not only is that beneath us, it's insulting. We work way too hard, and are too good at what we do, to entertain your idiotic "opinion". It's offensive.

Moreover, you're going to tell me that my clients, many of whom are corporations, begin the creation of their corporate cultures any differently than mine?

They would be just as offended, and rightly so.

Double Horseschit.

What the !@#$ are you responding to? It's too early in the day for this kind of drunken stupidity.

Because the Americans wanted it for themselves and ended up doing it better than Britain to fund the early stages of the Union.

What the hell have you been reading?

No, it wasn't. That's why there was such huge opposition to Henry Clay's American Plan.

What the !@#$ are you responding to? It's too early in the day for this kind of drunken stupidity.

You made a sweeping statement about corporate culture, dumbass.

Yet, mine debunks that statement, and so does my clients'.

It's never too early in any day for anything: we live in a Global economy, or at least the elite amongst us do.

I've been working with Ze Germans for 3 weeks...which means it's 9pm right now for me = party time, so you can blow it out your ass.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

What the hell have you been reading?

No, it wasn't. That's why there was such huge opposition to Henry Clay's American Plan.

Are you saying that Alexander Hamilton's theories and practice didn't influence the early finance decisions of the US?

Are you saying that Alexander Hamilton's theories and practice didn't influence the early finance decisions of the US?

I'm saying that the overwhelming majority of Hamilton's governing philosophy wasn't put into place until after the Civil War, and his crowning achievement (his bank) was undone.

You made a sweeping statement about corporate culture, dumbass.

Yet, mine debunks that statement, and so does my clients'.

It's never too early in any day for anything: we live in a Global economy, or at least the elite amongst us do.

I've been working with Ze Germans for 3 weeks...which means it's 9pm right now for me = party time, so you can blow it out your ass.

I've never seen an otherwise smart person be so !@#$ing dense.

I don't have time for long responses right now, but I'll be around to slap you in due time.