The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

The mandate usually pushes younger people to buy it rather than those that need it.

But your point isn't lost, this is something that Trump will have to be cognizant of. His sort of core supporters aren't as hard line ideologically market base driven than other parts of the base. I mean the guy basically said he wanted to give Universal coverage on the campaign trail, my hunch is he'll move more towards that direction than where the proposed bill is today.

Ya, that was my point. I'm 28 and healthy. If you remove the mandate, a lot like me will not purchase insurance and cease driving costs down for the elderly.

Most would argue for these options anyway though.

Trump seems to understand the situation they are in, but I argue his fallback of letting the ACA implode to reflect poorly against Dems isn't the failsafe he argues. The uninformed voter will just apply the conditions to the current administration, plus the foaming mouth repeal Obamacare crowd will be naturally disgruntled.

The Dems are being childish though and it appears they'd rather play a political game then to compromise and help more people.

The Dems are being childish though and it appears they'd rather play a political game then to compromise and help more people.

...The GOP controls both houses of congress and the presidency

What do you want the Democrats to do, exactly?

...The GOP controls both houses of congress and the presidency

What do you want the Democrats to do, exactly?

Stop acting with outrage over things they also did during the past administration. Be willing to work with the GOP on a bill instead of sandbagging everything.

Pretty much take the high road instead of stooping to the level of the opposition.

Stop acting with outrage over things they also did during the past administration.

The past administration cut funding for public housing and Medicaid to pay for increased military spending and a border wall?

The past administration cut funding for public housing and Medicaid to pay for increased military spending and a border wall?

No, but they did force feed the ACA and are now screaming "slow down"? Come on.

You are talking to a fierce liberal, but we are in a climate where compromise is absolutely necessary on healthcare. I'm really sick of everyone at this point.

The wall is the stupidest thing I've ever heard and I'm still in denial it's even an issue so I will give you that.

You are talking to a fierce liberal, but we are in a climate where compromise is absolutely necessary on healthcare.

...Democrats have no control right now.

The GOP is looking stupid all on its own, don't drag the Democrats into this.

As long as they pander to their base, you think they care? The American public doesn't elect people mature enough to not play this "Payback's a B word" game.

Can't argue with that, but the republican base is a confusing mine field to navigate.

Can't argue with that, but the republican base is a confusing mine field to navigate.

Not really. Have Trump tweet something stupid (i.e. anything), then point to the Democrats' resulting temper tantrum and say "Can you believe these people? Thank God you're not them."

Working so far.

You're right - I'm not a 50-year old white guy who lives in my parents' basement

This^^...your forgot "and somehow have an occupation that lets me live...I mean live...on this forum...."

Edited by baskin