2014 NFL Draft Declarations

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - which means we may not need to spend the #9 overall on one and also TJ Graham better be working on his resume for Tim Horton's.

A. That was my thought on not having to draft a WR at 9.

B. As far as TJ, i do not know where all the hate comes from on here. The guy was a third rounder who started to show in his second season he can make some plays. He had three different QB's throwing the ball at him. 2 of which struggled with the deep throws. He also has an OC who i think does not always put him in the proper route.

A. That was my thought on not having to draft a WR at 9.

B. As far as TJ, i do not know where all the hate comes from on here. The guy was a third rounder who started to show in his second season he can make some plays. He had three different QB's throwing the ball at him. 2 of which struggled with the deep throws. He also has an OC who i think does not always put him in the proper route.

TJ Graham is hated for many very valid reason.

1.) He can't catch.

2.) He can't run routes

3.) He was a reach draft pick

If you are in the minority and think TJ Graham still has "potential," awesome for you!

I'm for taking Benjamin in the 2nd or 3rd round. I read he is projected round 2 posibly late first.

He doesn't pass Baltimore. If Evans run 4.65 40 and Benjamin puts up a great time, Benjamin may even be the second WR off the board.

I'm for taking Benjamin in the 2nd or 3rd round. I read he is projected round 2 posibly late first.

Yeah..... not gonna happen. He (reportedly) received a 1st round grade from the advisory committee and is coming off catching the game winning TD in the National Championship game. And imagine the drooling that's going to happen over his size/speed/vertical/hands combo come Combine and personal workout time.

I don't care what "experts" were saying a month ago or so. The kid's going to climb and if you were going to ask me right now who I think we'll end up picking at 9 - my money's on this kid.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Yeah..... not gonna happen. He (reportedly) received a 1st round grade from the advisory committee and is coming off catching the game winning TD in the National Championship game. And imagine the drooling that's going to happen over his size/speed/vertical/hands combo come Combine and personal workout time.

I don't care what "experts" were saying a month ago or so. The kid's going to climb and if you were going to ask me right now who I think we'll end up picking at 9 - my money's on this kid.

I agree he will go in the 1st round. Whether the Bills take him or not is a question mark. He caught 83% of the passes thrown to him in the red zone this year. I like that a lot. I do think that they will consult EJ on him and that could be a factor - positive or negative - on whether they take hi. Not the entire decision, obviously, but a factor. He knows him well. There are a lot of reasons why a WR can succeed or fail in the NFL, especially one this inexperienced/raw. From what I see, I would like him on this team. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

TJ Graham is hated for many very valid reason.

1.) He can't catch.

2.) He can't run routes

3.) He was a reach draft pick

If you are in the minority and think TJ Graham still has "potential," awesome for you!

Ok.

The guy has potential. Agree to disagree. Not his fault where he was drafted. His position coach was just fired. And he had a couple nice catches this year.

But hopefully you are right and he stinks.

My point during the losers of the world "lose now to get a better pick" strategy is that in 2014 the #6 prospect is just as good as #40 prospect.

Not a lot of franchise changers but a lot of really good players.

Btw if the Bills lost to the Dolphins they would still draft #9.

Which means finding a partner to trade down with is going to be very difficult if not impossible.

Trading up to 1- 6 is more likely to happen for some team(s).

What is the NFL’s College Advisory Committee, and How Do They Grade NFL Draft Prospects?

makingthegrade.jpg

Since the end of the college football season, some of the best underclassmen have been declaring for the NFL Draft on almost a daily basis. With each decision comes a ‘grade’ from something called the NFL College Advisory Committee. Tre Mason, a Heisman finalist and star running back for Auburn, received a third round grade. So did Florida State running back Devonta Freeman. Depending on who you believe, Blake Bortles of Central Florida got a first round grade or a second round grade. Johnny Manziel, the Texas A&M QB, reportedly received a first round grade. Numerous other players asked for and received information from the committee that they would not likely get drafted in the first three rounds, or at all.

Who is this committee and how do they decide who gets the gold stars?

The NFL’s College Advisory Committee is the group responsible for completing the evaluations on every eligible underclassmen who makes a timely request in advance of today’s deadline. The College Advisory Committee is coordinated by the NFL Player Personnel Department, and all 32 teams – along with two scouting services (BLESTO and National) – participate in player evaluations. It is a committee that has had to deal with an ever-growing number of requests over the last few years.

troy niklas, te, notre dame

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140109/troy-niklas-declares-nfl-draft-notre-dame/

solid 16 yds per catch. and quite some size

ND homer here :) I think Niklas is gonna be a fast riser in this TE class. He's not Tyler Eifert or Kyle Rudolph, but he is a mammoth target that does everything well. Run, catch, block, he can do it all. Rees didn't look his way as much as Eifert because the ND receivers showed well this year. I think he can go somewhere and make a solid impact. What's really going to surprise people is when he turns in a 4.65-4.7 40 time at his size. Would still rather have Amaro, but if Niklas is there in the 3rd I wouldn't pass him up.

ND homer here :) I think Niklas is gonna be a fast riser in this TE class. He's not Tyler Eifert or Kyle Rudolph, but he is a mammoth target that does everything well. Run, catch, block, he can do it all. Rees didn't look his way as much as Eifert because the ND receivers showed well this year. I think he can go somewhere and make a solid impact. What's really going to surprise people is when he turns in a 4.65-4.7 40 time at his size. Would still rather have Amaro, but if Niklas is there in the 3rd I wouldn't pass him up.

Niklas has great measureables. I would be happy with this pick. Ebron would be the best, IMO, but this guy would be a steal in the 3rd because I think to get Ebron the Bills are going to have to take him at 9.