Fitzpatrick the coach killer

uticaclub

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz took a team in contention and went 3-7 with them and most of those losses were in fact his fault. Giving the ball to the Jags defender almost on purpose was the worst.

Now matter how we twist it, football is still the ultimate team game. Alex Smith got a W against the Bills despite not scoring a td and getting outgained by 200 yards by the Jeff Tuel Bills.

Fitz certainly makes a lot of mistakes but pinning all the blame on him is wrong. Very good backup QB. And like most backup QBs, he isn't meant to start for long stretches.

Tuel straight up cost us the Browns and Chiefs games. 2 wins and we are 8-8. Those are gimmes if you just had a QB with a 60-70 rating.

EJ and Lewis were at best slightly below average, QB ratings off 77.7 and 81 respectively. Fitz had a 82 QB rating, which is about his long-term average as a starter with the Bills. With 2 overtime games and other close 4th quarter games that might have been good for another win. I'm not saying I want Fitz to be the long-term starter by any means, just that, if we had Fitz there's a good shot we'd be 9-7 or 8-8 and probably in the playoffs.

Your little numbers scheme does not account for Fitz's innate ability to turn the ball over in close games. Repeatedly. Saying, "we would have won if Fitz were our QB in those games" is impossible to defend, no matter how you choose to twist the numbers.

Your little numbers scheme does not account for Fitz's innate ability to turn the ball over in close games. Repeatedly. Saying, "we would have won if Fitz were our QB in those games" is impossible to defend, no matter how you choose to twist the numbers.

Ok - I didn't say what you quoted, but just for the sake of argument, would we have won the KC and CLE games if Tuel wasn't the QB? If it was, in fact, Fitz?

Munchak got fired because he would not get rid of several assistant coaches. The GM wanted him to return but Munchak made a stand on principle and was let go. Wade Phillips did the same while HC of the Bills. Had nothing to do with Fitzpatrick.