Playoffs : SF 49ers at GB Packers

Just Jack

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see the Ice Bowl 2. I just read the story on the original Ice Bowl in 67. It was -17 degrees, but the windchill had it at -46 degrees. The funny part was in the final Packers drive, it was a windchill of -70 degrees. I can only imagine.

I was at the coldest Bills game in the early 90's and that had a windchill of -48 degrees. It was so miserable, we had to leave in the 4th quarter b/c we didn't layer enough on our feet.

It's going to be fun as the sun goes down it will be god awful cold.

BTW - my prediction is 49 ers by 3, and comes down to the wire. There will be dropped passes due to how hard that ball will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59PEmRIMTo0

They're saying the temp will be around -50F around kickoff. It will be a fun game to watch.

That was very interesting. Thanks jboys.

The other day a guy called into the NFL Radio asked why doesn't the NFL use Nitrogen to fill the football vs. air. I looked into it and makes sense. Airlines use nitrogen vs. air as nitrogen is an inert gas so it does not expand or constrict due to fluctuations in temperature. If the NFL used nitrogen, there would be no difference in the feel of the football whether it was -50 degrees or 110 degrees like Arizona or Miami in September.

That was a great idea. After watching jboys video, there would be no change in punts, kickoffs, or passes if they used nitrogen vs. air. I can't believe it's expensive.

That was very interesting. Thanks jboys.

The other day a guy called into the NFL Radio asked why doesn't the NFL use Nitrogen to fill the football vs. air. I looked into it and makes sense. Airlines use nitrogen vs. air as nitrogen is an inert gas so it does not expand or constrict due to fluctuations in temperature. If the NFL used nitrogen, there would be no difference in the feel of the football whether it was -50 degrees or 110 degrees like Arizona or Miami in September.

That was a great idea. After watching jboys video, there would be no change in punts, kickoffs, or passes if they used nitrogen vs. air. I can't believe it's expensive.

It wouldn't touch the bottom line. I'd guess tradition and accessibility at lower levels are the two issues at hand. And crowds saying "well yea but he had a special ball"

Did espn just say lacy is not wearing sleeves, just a compression shirt under his jersey? Jeeeeeze.

I heard on NFL radio, a lot of guys who go sleeveless where petroleum jelly on there skin. it wicks moisture, and insulates the skin all at the same time. when you break it down this way, it may be even better than a polypro long sleeve, especially since they can reapply regularly. not to mention for a rb most likely makes him harder to grab.

Did espn just say lacy is not wearing sleeves, just a compression shirt under his jersey? Jeeeeeze.

Jordy is sleeveless as well

Can the turf even be considered grass at this point? Not even remotely green

Edited by Max997

I heard on NFL radio, a lot of guys who go sleeveless where petroleum jelly on there skin. it wicks moisture, and insulates the skin all at the same time. when you break it down this way, it may be even better than a polypro long sleeve, especially since they can reapply regularly. not to mention for a rb most likely makes him harder to grab.

You'd think that'd be an issue with holding into the ball, no?