NFL key dates

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8795630/p2014-nfl-key-dates-p.....free agency begins march 11..draft..may 8 - 10

Jan. 4-5: Wild-card playoff games

Jan. 5: Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that have byes in the wild-card weekend may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of the wild-card games.

Jan. 11-12: Divisional playoff games

Jan. 12: Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their wild-card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of divisional playoff games.

Jan. 18: East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Fla.

Jan. 19: AFC and NFC Championship Games

Jan. 25: Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Ala.

Jan. 26: Pro Bowl, Aloha Stadium, Honolulu

Jan. 26: An assistant coach whose team is participating in the Super Bowl and who has previously interviewed for another club's head coaching job may have a second interview with such club no later than the Sunday preceding the Super Bowl.

Feb. 2: Super Bowl XLVIII, MetLife Stadium, New York-New Jersey

Feb. 17: First day for clubs to designate franchise or transition Players.

Feb. 19-25: Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis

March 8-11: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents upon the expiration of their 2013 player contracts at 4 p.m. ET on March 11. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. ET on March 11.

March 11: New league year, free agency begins

March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must exercise options for 2014 on all players who have option clauses in their 2013 contracts.

March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their restricted free agents with expiring contracts.

March 11: Before 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2013 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued Seasons of free agency credit.

March 11: All clubs must be under the 2014 salary cap before 4 p.m. ET.

March 23-26: Owners meeting, Orlando, Fla.

April 7: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2013 regular season may begin off-season workout programs.

April 21: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin off-season workout programs.

May 2: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

May 7: Deadline for prior club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.

May 8-10: NFL draft, New York, Radio City Music Hall. First round begins at 8 p.m. ET.

May 19-21: Spring meeting, Atlanta

Dude - the draft is late this year! What gives?

Yeah Roger Goodell wants to have a NFL event every month.

My guess is that the big event in April is the announcement of the dates of the regular season schedule.

As for the draft this year, better cancel those big Mother's Day plans.

Yeah Roger Goodell wants to have a NFL event every month.

My guess is that the big event in April is the announcement of the dates of the regular season schedule.

As for the draft this year, better cancel those big Mother's Day plans.

Sucks, I noticed they kept moving it week by week over the years. That's an additional 3 weeks of me staring at mock drafts and fantasizing on what the bills might do. Many past drafts have been so annoying watching us pass qb after qb, but last year was quite the rush. Picking spiller a few years back was also quite special

When can we begin negotiating with Byrd?

What is the deadline date this year for teams to secure long term contracts with their tagged player?

What is the date this year that franchise players must sign their tenders?

If we remember last year the date was in July, IIRC, and no talks were to be had during the season and no offers/signings could be made through the season.

I knew they were looking to push the draft back but didn't realize they actually did. That sucks as there is no reason for it to be that long after the season

I'm guessing the big event in April will be the combine

The league really is in a suck every possible penny out of their product mode since Goodell got the job

I knew they were looking to push the draft back but didn't realize they actually did. That sucks as there is no reason for it to be that long after the season

I'm guessing the big event in April will be the combine

The league really is in a suck every possible penny out of their product mode since Goodell got the job

Combine is still in February. I still the schedule announcement with dates is the big event for April.

Need programing to fill each month. The move to May for the draft makes sense. I had the key dates posted on my lap top. Trying to figure what will fill the gap between the combine and the draft. My guess is the NFL Network will really hype the free agent market.

Looking forward to the Combine coming to Indy. That makes for a lively February here along with the basketball fever in Indiana. March madness will bleed into the dash to the cup in the NHL. NASCAR will be running its schedule. April starts off with the NFL draft debates and leads into May with Indy cars and the Indianapolis 500. June and July and its wall to wall baseball. Training camps start and before you know it, the first game of the season. 8 months looks like a long time but I learned in Army deployments is to break them down into manageable segments. It keeps one focused and sane. The internet is the best thing to happen to year round Bills coverage.

When can we begin negotiating with Byrd?

What is the deadline date this year for teams to secure long term contracts with their tagged player?

What is the date this year that franchise players must sign their tenders?

If we remember last year the date was in July, IIRC, and no talks were to be had during the season and no offers/signings could be made through the season.

That's what I was looking for, too?...............And, what is the date that Byrd starts really playing games vs. claiming foot problems?

That's what I was looking for, too?...............And, what is the date that Byrd starts really playing games vs. claiming foot problems?

:censored::wallbash::angry: Sure, laugh at it now. I won't. Freaking, eh, if he does that again it's going to be really something. How could he manage to pull that same thing, how could he he hope to get a new contract that would be payoff if he does that. Argh, I don't even want to think what it would be like without Byrd here. Byrd embodies what an NFL player should be, high character, team player (evidenced by what other teammates say about him), and someone who performed at a high level. Argh, I don't know!

I know from an insider that the Bills aren't going to be him as the top safety in the league. They really like him, too, because of what you said..........But, I think what they were willing to do last year would have made him about the fifth highest.