Bills need to poop or get off the pot.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All true, though it's funny to see the optimism for RGIII while EJ3 is a bust after 10 starts. As for making the playoffs, I'm sure we'd say we'd trade places for a one-and-done appearance but that thrill would be short-lived and we'd be looking at the next draft for a savior. I've been on this board long enough to know that actually making the playoffs would mean nothing to anyone if we didn't go any further.

PTR

Pretty much. People are dying to end the streak of missing the playoffs, but if we blow everything to get in and out quick its useless. Instead of 'we haven't made the playoffs in 14 years' it will be 'we've only went once in 15 years'. Not a whole lot better. We need a consistent winner that we feel has a chance to go all the way.

And how many starts was our #1 pick, who people are pinning the future of the team on for years, good for in his first year?

We gained a pick with that endeavor ! And that move was one of the types that have me thinking Bills are smarter than they looked !

This year is not a year to reach. but next year might be .

Trade down this year . fill the problem areas asap and gain some better depth.

This season is a big deal in out (fans ) evaluation process . QB and coaches alike.

But if they drafted John boy, it be funny to see people defend him when he has similar numbers to EJ.

He very well could, and that would be fine because his upside is much greater than EJ's. Remember, EJ played no different for us than he did in college. No growth, low ceiling.

post-4692-0-84448600-1388863570_thumb.jpg

He's an overgrown elf. But it would be funny if the Bills drafted him. We'd be on ESPN all the time & that's all that really matters.

But if they drafted John boy, it be funny to see people defend him when he has similar numbers to EJ.

Really? Are you having fun going over EJ's numbers now?

He very well could, and that would be fine because his upside is much greater than EJ's. Remember, EJ played no different for us than he did in college. No growth, low ceiling.

I don't know how you can say that. EJ's upside is greater in every way than JF. He's bigger, faster, has a stronger arm, & is way more mature. There's a very good chance JF has completely peaked.

The reason the Bills picked Manuel is because he has a ton of upside that they believe he hasn't tapped into. No doubt, Johnny had the better college career but there are tins of guys who had good college careers that do nothing in the pros.

I don't know how you can say that. EJ's upside is greater in every way than JF. He's bigger, faster, has a stronger arm, & is way more mature. There's a very good chance JF has completely peaked.

The reason the Bills picked Manuel is because he has a ton of upside that they believe he hasn't tapped into. No doubt, Johnny had the better college career but there are tins of guys who had good college careers that do nothing in the pros.

Faster?? Lee Smith looks faster than EJ.

EJ was the 2nd fastest qb in the draft at 4.55. He's just a giant dude. Johnny is more quick than fast. He looks a lot thinner than Russell Wilson.

Did you not see EJ lumbering around the backfield all season? He's not quick or, in a practical sense, fast. Manziel knows when to take off. EJ has no sense of that. Ej's size didn't help him at all this year.

Did you not see EJ lumbering around the backfield all season? He's not quick or, in a practical sense, fast. Manziel knows when to take off. EJ has no sense of that. Ej's size didn't help him at all this year.

I definitely will concede that JF is a better running qb than Manuel. But physically, EJ's upside is way higher than JF in nearly every way. EJ needs to harness it.

Jim, would you please consider changing the title of the thread? Since it's about Johnny Football, how about something like "Bills need to draft Johnny Football" or "Drafting Manziel is doable and the Bills need to make it happen"?

That way people who love them some Johnny would be attracted to it and people who don't could "see an avoid"?

Thanks!

I think the thread title is just right. I'm just confused about whether Manziel is the poop or the pot we're supposed to get off.

Edited by KD in CT

I definitely will concede that JF is a better running qb than Manuel. But physically, EJ's upside is way higher than JF in nearly every way. EJ needs to harness it.

EJ played in college for 4 seasons. He played in more games than Manziel. Yet when he was done, he was still considered a guy who needed a lot of work.

Whereas many knock JM for his lack of size, I would venture EJ was drafted ONLY because of his size--not because he was an accurate passer, a quick decision maker or a quick learner.

You said "poop."

[/butt-head]

The day we cut RF was the day we named our #1 QB pick the starter.

O RLY.

Guess we never signed Kevin Kolb.

You have just perfectly described EJ MAnuel.

How you could have watched Manziel in his last game and not see him making all types of throws, seeing the whole field and making plays quickly and decisively?

He's quicker than EJ. He sees the field better than EJ. He throws a better ball and is far more accurate than EJ. Read any scoutng report and they will say he sees the whole field and it's obvious he can read defenses. He's also physically tough and plays hurt.

He also chucks it up to a 6'5" receiver better than EJ. Oh wait, EJ doesn't have one of those.

I'm not intending this to be a shot at you at all; I hate the idea of trading down. IMO, the team is picking in the top 10 for a reason, so take a top 10 talent. If there's one thing that this team needs, it's top-tier talent.

I didn't want the team to trade down last year, and I'm glad it worked out...I don't like counting on everyone else passing on the guy I want after he's already fallen to me.

Well...honestly, I'm no expert on college ball. I mean I watch it, but I couldn't tell you who's good and what not. I've never done a mock draft.

Here's how I look at it...yes the Bills are in the top 10. But what if they had 2 first round talent players on the team. 2 is better then 1 or none. I guess I like the odds of having 2 good players for the team.

I mean heck..if they can draft like last year...look out!!

So is be all for having a couple picks in the first round!

EJ played in college for 4 seasons. He played in more games than Manziel. Yet when he was done, he was still considered a guy who needed a lot of work.

Whereas many knock JM for his lack of size, I would venture EJ was drafted ONLY because of his size--not because he was an accurate passer, a quick decision maker or a quick learner.

EJ was drafted because his arm, size, & maturity which Johnny lacks.