Welcome to the Ralph - Slam Dunk Competition

MClem06

And you could easily accidentally hurt the person your going over. Or them accidentally hurt you before they realize its a joke (or not appreciate the joke as has been often mentioned). While it's a silly joke, and not the end of the world it's not what I'd qualify as a smart one as it has a lot if easily foreseeable bad outcomes

most fun things in life do :thumbsup:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most fun things in life do :thumbsup:

I'll save the risk for things that are more fun than parking lot nerf slam cam videos.

And I tend to prefer to not involve strangers in those situations

Edited by NoSaint

I'll save the risk for things that are more fun than parking lot nerf slam cam videos.

And I tend to prefer to not involve strangers in those situations

The question in my mind has been, "wouldn't this get old very quickly?"

Put differently, "what kind of person is amused by doing something like this week after week?"

The question in my mind has been, "wouldn't this get old very quickly?"

Put differently, "what kind of person is amused by doing something like this week after week?"

The same type of person that is amused by watching the Bills week after week over all of these years.

at least they weren't punching anyone or calling obscene names or dumping beer or stuff on the opposing fans

So no one who got "dunked on" spilled their own beverage that they were holding? Highly doubt it.

And again, when physical contact is made, that is a BIG deal. Take it to ANY other setting in life, and see if there would be any repercussions from jumping up on someone's back.

Why doesn't someone (in here) who thinks this is "OK" go into Target with a nerf ball, and start jumping up on the backs of people and see if anything happens. You don't even need the "front man" to hold the backboard & rim; just spike the ball to the floor. Be sure to report back....after you get bailed out. LOL

Why doesn't someone (in here) who thinks this is "OK" go into Target with a nerf ball, and start jumping up on the backs of people and see if anything happens. You don't even need the "front man" to hold the backboard & rim; just spike the ball to the floor. Be sure to report back....after you get bailed out. LOL

It would never get that far. By the time you started drinking beers and started a hand-warming fire in a trash can I think they would ask you to leave.

BTW, you notice they didn't dunk on any grumpy looking old dudes. :lol:

Doing it to complete strangers is the big rub that I have. Doing it to friends or acquaintances is different.

Yup - it's a dumb silly joke between friends, but have at it - I'm guilty of plenty of that myself.

Including strangers is asking for a bad outcome. Including strangers in what might already be perceived as a hostile environment for them compounds it even more.

So no one who got "dunked on" spilled their own beverage that they were holding? Highly doubt it.

And again, when physical contact is made, that is a BIG deal.

Yep. Once you violate a person's personal space and make physical contact, it crosses a line. The fact that it was an edited videotape which showed only what the videomaker wanted us to see doesn't mean that the immature practice didn't escalate into some bad feelings. They just didn't show us those instances.

It would never get that far. By the time you started drinking beers and started a hand-warming fire in a trash can I think they would ask you to leave.

BTW, you notice they didn't dunk on any grumpy looking old dudes. :lol:

And as Jeff pointed out upthread, the videomakers chose easy marks to dunk on.