Jay Cutler Signs a 7 Year Deal to Stay with the Bears

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

not shocking. probably in the range of many of the other big deals as far as total dollars, but being 7 years making the average a little closer to 15m than 20m per year like some got if i had to take a guess

Edited by NoSaint

Bears also signed Tim Jennings and Matt Slauson. Phil Emery means business WRT keeping his good players. Hello OBD!!

Helps when you have players that agree to what you're offering.

GO BILLS!!!

Smart move by him

Very smart move by him I would say. I was thinking he already hit the pinnacle of his career and was going to start on the downside. If this is a step down, it is about as small of a step as you can take.

I predict the Bears will ultimately regret this move within a couple of years. But who knows?

we will see - the players might similarly argue its easy to agree to a fair offer.

So now I'm to believe that the Bills are unfair in their offers?

GO BILLS!!!

Pay market value to match the so called commitment to winning and it won't be an issue.

So the Bills don't make "market value" offers, either?

GO BILLS!!!

Cutler........yuck. Not a QB I want to build my team around. An average QB, who take too many sacks, turns the ball over too much and doesn't have great pocket presence. If I'm a Bears fan I'm not thrilled with this news. Cutler might get you to 10 wins if the chips fall right, but he's not a guy who can advance his team deep in the playoffs. Will never contend for championships.

Cutler........yuck. Not a QB I want to build my team around. An average QB, who take too many sacks, turns the ball over too much and doesn't have great pocket presence. If I'm a Bears fan I'm not thrilled with this news. Cutler might get you to 10 wins if the chips fall right, but he's not a guy who can advance his team deep in the playoffs. Will never contend for championships.

Depends on the cost of the deal.

If Cutler is under a contract which will allow the bears to address some other areas and rebuild the D some, then it is a good move. Is Cutler great? Nope. But you can win with him and with a running game and D Chicago will have a shot at the playoffs and then who knows. Not to mention who else is better to replace him??

So now I'm to believe that the Bills are unfair in their offers?

GO BILLS!!!

no more than believing the players will only accept outrageous ones. was an odd comment to make from the get go. obviously any negotiation is two sided. if a deal is unsigned the team would say the player wants too much and the player would say the team didnt offer enough.

Edited by NoSaint

Did they resign the right QB? Didn't the Bears do better with McCown under center this year. Some would argue that the Bears would have made playoffs if they had just benched Cutler.

however cutler is unlikely to retire this year, so he has that over mccown in the argument of which one to commit to long term.