Thad in Buffalo?

I would lose faith in the Bills organization if they get rid of Thad.

A Backup QB needs to come in win some games if needed. Well Thad has done just that. His only thing is fumbles. He needs to handle that.

I still want them to draft a QB . But I like what Thad has done this year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but while he said he did like Lewis he touched his left cheek with his index finger at the same time as he patted his right knee twice immediately after crossing his legs. That's the standard single that everyone here knows he really didn't mean any of that.

It's amazing how many followers here don't understand all that is written and spoken between the lines to be able to see the true negative meaning of what was just stated. It doesn't matter what it was stated, if you re-read it enough times or listen with your head tilted just the correct way, you can see/hear the negative in it.

what part of the press conference did you hear, I thought I heard the whole thing Whaley talked about how they DO like him but doesnt mean they would be against picking a qb. Never show your hand in the draft

What was said that made you think that?

Agree - I listened to the press conference and I didn't get the impression Thad wasn't someone they intended to try to keep. They could have said a little more in support of Thad than was said, but I didn't get the idea he wasn't wanted, either. I hope the Bills make him a very attractive offer to keep him -- he is a VERY serviceable backup and now knows the offense. He needs to be kept.

I thought Thad did okay and should probably stay, but I won't lose any sleep over it if he doesnt.

In fact, it would be nice if they upgraded the backup QB position. I don't think I would put Thad in the top 10 or 15 backup QBs in the league.

On the brightside he's paid like a 3rd stringer. Ideally, with more than a few weeks in our system he should be a reliable 2 or really a great 3 as he's got anything your ask for to run the scout team, or step in for emergencies.

On the brightside he's paid like a 3rd stringer. Ideally, with more than a few weeks in our system he should be a reliable 2 or really a great 3 as he's got anything your ask for to run the scout team, or step in for emergencies.

I would love him as a 3, for sure.

As a 2, he has shown that he can play around the same level as EJ-- our inconsistent rookie QB. Maybe that's good enough for the position. I don't know.

Classic Buffalo...backup QB and special teams threads leads offensive line threads by ten to one...

Permit me to empower you...if there is a topic about the Offensive line or any other subject on which you have opinions or would like to promote discussion, it is far more constructive for you to START a thread than indulge in exaggerated complaings

Agree - I listened to the press conference and I didn't get the impression Thad wasn't someone they intended to try to keep. They could have said a little more in support of Thad than was said, but I didn't get the idea he wasn't wanted, either. I hope the Bills make him a very attractive offer to keep him -- he is a VERY serviceable backup and now knows the offense. He needs to be kept.

Why would you hope the Bills make him a "very attractive offer to keep him"? He is signed through 2014 already.

And while he exceeded expectations (at least mine) for a former UDFA who joined after training camp, I'm not quite sure his performance merits the caps in VERY.

Also, there was a comment that seemed to be somewhat of an after thought about Thad's future improvement/development......which I felt was in stark contrast to the guarantee they gave in regards to EJ improving/developing for next year.

When you're an UDFA who has been in the league 3 yrs, it's assumed you have less room to develop than a rookie 1st round draftee.

Edited by Hopeful

I would lose faith in the Bills organization if they get rid of Thad.

A Backup QB needs to come in win some games if needed. Well Thad has done just that. His only thing is fumbles. He needs to handle that.

I still want them to draft a QB . But I like what Thad has done this year.

So dramatic!

Everyone has been claiming they would "lose faith" in the organization if they don't fire their 1st year ST coach, or if they don't re-sign their back-up QB.

These are such minor issues, IMO. I would think that 14 straight losing seasons would be a much better reason to lose faith in the team.