Playoff Picks

CSBill

Colts, though it's more about KC being overrated.

Saints, the Eagles have been lit up by Orton & Cassell. Tough picking the Saints on the road but I love Brees & Graham.

Bengals, they about to go on a run.

49ers, Gb's D is really bad & the 49ers have been real hot & play the perfect football for that weather.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the 49ers and Chiefs on the road, CIN and PHI at home. Defense is portable and can win road playoff games. CIN defense is very good and should prevail at home vs road Chargers traveling east. Brees is a much better QB than Foles, but this Saints team seems very different on the road vs in the dome.

Saturday (1/4)

Chiefs at Colts - 4:35 PM >>>> I thinks the Chiefs win on the road. They are more balanced on offense and have a much better defense than the Colts. Andrew Luck will keep it close, but in the end, the Chiefs are the better team.

Saints at Eagles - 8:10 PM >>>> This will be a track meet, and the weather will probably play a factor. The Eagles are on a role, and the Saints have been somewhat inconsistent down the stretch. Neither team has that good of a defense, so I give the Eagles the edge because they have more play-makers on offense

Sunday (1/5)

Chargers at Bengals - 1:05 PM >>>> This seems like the easiest one to pick, but I could see the the Chargers pulling the upset. Rivers is gutsy, and seems to win games he's not supposed to (ask Denver). But in the end, the Bengals are pretty solid all the way around, not necessarily spectacular at anything, but very good at a lot of things. Bengals hold serve in a close one, maybe comes down to a game winning field goal.

49ers at Packers - 4:40 PM >>>> This could be the most entraining game of the weekend. The elements will play a part, and Aaron Rodgers is the "feel good story of the week"—not to mention, he is among the best QBs in the league right now. But SF is good, very good! I think in the end, his moxy and the home field advantage pull it out for the Packers, in a nail biter.

A lot of thought to go 0 & 4. Next time throw darts?

Going into last week I was CONVINCED that if the Chargers snuck into the playoffs they were going to end up losing the Super Bowl. I just don't think the AFC is that strong. They looked pretty bad on Sunday though so my expectations have diminished. I will go with them this week just because; plus Dalton throws so many picks.

Also:

SF, NO, Colts although I would not be surprised if Luck blew it big time...the Chiefs just are not that good.

4-0

Something came up on another board if the Panthers are the first Round 2 home dog in history. I thought that can't be right so looked up some possible games where I thought the road team could've been favored:

'80 Oakland @Cleveland "Red Right 88" - Browns -3.5

'80 Dallas @Atlanta - Falcons -2.5

'92 Buffalo @Pittsburgh - Steelers -2

'96 Dallas @Carolina - Panthers +3.5

'96 Pittsburgh @NE - Pats -3

'97 Denver @KC - PK

'01 Oakland @NE - Pats -3

Maybe the Panthers have the distinction of the only two in history? At least since the format changed from alternating divisions to seeding...

Nvmind, found Eagles -4.5 @Tampa '79.

Edited by BuffOrange