WR Coach Ike Hilliard Released from the Bills' Coaching Staff

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still all speculation but there seems to be three general possibilities regarding Ike's dismissal:

Ike and the players. Maybe Marrone didn't think he did a good job coaching and developing our young receivers. No one can claim our WRs excelled on the field.

Ike and the coaches. Perhaps Ike didn't get along with Hackett or one of the other coaches. Maybe he was argumentative with fellow coaches or criticized them behind their backs.

Ike outside the Bills. Maybe Ike has personal problems that interfered with work.

Marrone's comment about 'differences in philosophy' suggests - vaguely - the second possibility but it's hard to know. Marrone clearly didn't want to be specific.

I think the most likely was the performance of the WRs and a conflict with him and Hackett. Makes sense. Whatever the reason, it is not a big loss. Losing Pettine would be a direct hit in the path to improvement of this team.

It's still all speculation but there seems to be three general possibilities regarding Ike's dismissal:

Ike and the players. Maybe Marrone didn't think he did a good job coaching and developing our young receivers. No one can claim our WRs excelled on the field.

Ike and the coaches. Perhaps Ike didn't get along with Hackett or one of the other coaches. Maybe he was argumentative with fellow coaches or criticized them behind their backs.

Ike outside the Bills. Maybe Ike has personal problems that interfered with work.

Marrone's comment about 'differences in philosophy' suggests - vaguely - the second possibility but it's hard to know. Marrone clearly didn't want to be specific.

There's gotta be plenty more than just those 3 . I can think of quite a few .

But we may never know the deal .

The Pettine thing may be a blow to " The Plan " . especially if he is potentially pulling some current staff with him.

I imagine Whaley and Co feel a little heat right now . I heard our George woke from his nap startled by Mike's daughter's tweet in regard to the second interview .

But Mike needs to show he can stop the run. First.

Smart man and dresses well.