Defense Matchups for Pats* game

I haven't seen a lot of this mentioned around, but I'm really stoked to see how the defense plays this time out.

Gronk is out again, so that's one matchup I was worried about not happening.

Amendola beat us in the slot last time, but I want to see Robey matched up now that he's got some experience. Meanwhile, the CB corps is now refreshed. Gilmore is back and working, while McKelvin has made a huge leap forward. Byrd is back too.

Meanwhile, the Patriots O-line is dinged up.

I'm just hoping that, even if the Bills lose, that it ends with them putting a clinic on how to shut down Brady.

I haven't seen a lot of this mentioned around, but I'm really stoked to see how the defense plays this time out.

Gronk is out again, so that's one matchup I was worried about not happening.

Amendola beat us in the slot last time, but I want to see Robey matched up now that he's got some experience. Meanwhile, the CB corps is now refreshed. Gilmore is back and working, while McKelvin has made a huge leap forward. Byrd is back too.

Meanwhile, the Patriots O-line is dinged up.

I'm just hoping that, even if the Bills lose, that it ends with them putting a clinic on how to shut down Brady.

My feelings are similar. This is what I posted in the predictions thread:

"If the Bills' D can keep the pats to 24 or less, they have a chance. This game will be a good indication of how much the D has improved. "

Aside from what looks to be an aberration last week vs Ravens ( a hobbled Flacco, zero running game + a couple return TD's from the pats) the Pats w/out Gronkowski have been a 20 point offense. That is what I expect to see. An offensive explosion of any sort would be an indication that this D is not all it's been said to be. The Dolphins Oline has been porous all year. A good game against the Pats would show this Defense has improved since last year.

I think our defense is hitting it's stride and matches up well against Brady and his boys.

W/ no Gronkowski we match up OK. Playing the Pats is all about staying w your responsibility and believing what you see. Then go and make a form tackle. That's it. If you tackle poorly, they will gash you. So many of their pass plays are under 10 yards in the air. They depend on YAC for 1st downs. We have to stop pick plays. Anytime the Pats are in 3rd and medium, they will run a pick and you must bat it down or tackle immediately. Sound fundamentals will beat NE. We will see if the Bills D is fundamentally sound, or is an erratic D that sometimes makes big plays.

Nothing neutralizes a defense better than a sloppy track. If its as messy as the weather reports suggest, our D front will have a hard time teeing off. Brady may get lucky again.

GO BILLS!!!

It's going to be wet, but they play on turf so it won't relly get "sloppy". A wet ball will affect the passing game, as seen in Pats @ CIN earlier this season.You can bet those refs will be giving TB a dry ball as often as they can, but major rain will help the pass D.

We will miss A Williams out there .

Brady will go at Jimmy Leonhard and feel out Glimore early looking for those PI flags you know will be coming .

I cant see us scoring more than 21 or so .

And fear the 4th quarter against Pats . seriously. That team makes some awesome adjustments , or is listening in to oppositions headsets.

either way they are tough to stop in the fourth.

All that being said i expect a win .

Go Bills

Robey and then Brooks I suspect.

I asked because i hoped that would be the answer . Even though Nickell is still young as he is he "might " be great match up on those little monkeys Julian and Danny . Those two are fast and nifty. I think N Robey should be given the opportunity to play those guys in man coverage. If we can disrupt those two off the line Bills Defense might start to get Brady off his spot.

Geez i am actually pretty stoked. I think this team on this day gives the best possible chance to beat them we have had in years .

Go Bills !

Edited by 3rdand12

W/ no Gronkowski we match up OK. Playing the Pats is all about staying w your responsibility and believing what you see. Then go and make a form tackle. That's it. If you tackle poorly, they will gash you. So many of their pass plays are under 10 yards in the air. They depend on YAC for 1st downs. We have to stop pick plays. Anytime the Pats are in 3rd and medium, they will run a pick and you must bat it down or tackle immediately. Sound fundamentals will beat NE. We will see if the Bills D is fundamentally sound, or is an erratic D that sometimes makes big plays.

It's going to be wet, but they play on turf so it won't relly get "sloppy". A wet ball will affect the passing game, as seen in Pats @ CIN earlier this season.You can bet those refs will be giving TB a dry ball as often as they can, but major rain will help the pass D.

Thanks. I'd forgotten that. Footing shouldn't be a problem.

GO BILLS!!!