Looking At The Renogiations, etc....

that TD has his eye on one particular VERY expensive free agent.

He wants Moulds and Drew to accept pay cuts. A poster stated that Priouleaux is slated to earn 1.5 mil. We will pick up approx. 1.2 mil for dumping Henry. Josh Reed is all but sure to be dumped. I am sure there will be others, and we are already under the cap!

The above adds up to a lot of cap space. Might we see another "Takeo type" signing? A big name/huge impact player? Pace? Jones? Thomas?

One could only hope, but imo, TD has already plotted a course. We shall see.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What IS interesting, I think, is that we don't have a particular person on the radar right now like we did with Spikes. Any signing of that size would catch most all of us by surprise, which would be good.

Cuz we haven't had anything to truly B word about in over a week.

He wants Moulds and Drew to accept pay cuts. A poster stated that Priouleaux is slated to earn 1.5 mil. We will pick up approx. 1.2 mil for dumping Henry. Josh Reed is all but sure to be dumped. I am sure there will be others, and we are already under the cap!

The above adds up to a lot of cap space. Might we see another "Takeo type" signing? A big name/huge impact player? Pace? Jones? Thomas?

211554[/snapback]

Have we learned NOTHING from the Pats. One big signing doesn't get it done. The only big name that the Pats have signed from outside in the last four years has been Colvin. Hurt all of last year, never hear his name this year, but, and this is the key, you DO NOT hear him whinig about PT and demanding to be traded!(th) We do not need one big name, we need TEAM players at several postitions, guys who have a burning desire to win at all costs. I am convinced that is why the Pats dusted the Colts, to many friggin big name, big contract guys who have lost thier hatred of losing among all the big money.

Okay, done with my rant.

Have we learned NOTHING from the Pats. One big signing doesn't get it done. The only big name that the Pats have signed from outside in the last four years has been Colvin. Hurt all of last year, never hear his name this year, but, and this is the key, you DO NOT hear him whinig about PT and demanding to be traded!(th) We do not need one big name, we need TEAM players at several postitions, guys who have a burning desire to win at all costs. I am convinced that is why the Pats dusted the Colts, to many friggin big name, big contract guys who have lost thier hatred of losing among all the big money.

Okay, done with my rant.

211569[/snapback]

Rant? That was a very good post!

I counter it with the contention that Pace and Ogden led their teams to superbowls. It CAN work either way.

211554[/snapback]

the report regarding drew has not been backed up by TD -- it could very well be false or even a bluff........

the bills are working to EXTEND moulds.......they have not asked him to take a pay cut.......

i stated that prioleau's cap savings would be 1.5 million........he is making 1 million in salary, his cap hit is 1.75, and his dead money if cut before june 1 is 250K........

i think it is way to early to cut reed and i can't see it happening.......

hopefully there is some money earmarked to extend nate this off-season - letting him play out 2005 under his rookie deal would be a HUGE mistake........TD needs to cough up cash this off-season.......

there is no doubt there will be money to spend -- just a matter of whether 'tight ass' TD is willing to spend the bucks or not........he could have spent more last off-season and didn't, and i wouldn't be surprised if he took the cheap route again.......

i agree we need to extend clements...if hes willing...with all the big money being thrown around, he may not want to re-up, but test the free agency waters...not to diss him but he strikes me as that type of guy...

the report regarding drew has not been backed up by TD -- it could very well be false or even a bluff........

the bills are working to EXTEND moulds.......they have not asked him to take a pay cut.......

i stated that prioleau's cap savings would be 1.5 million........he is making 1 million in salary, his cap hit is 1.75, and his dead money if cut before june 1 is 250K........

i think it is way to early to cut reed and i can't see it happening.......

hopefully there is some money earmarked to extend nate this off-season - letting him play out 2005 under his rookie deal would be a HUGE mistake........TD needs to cough up cash this off-season.......

there is no doubt there will be money to spend -- just a matter of whether 'tight ass' TD is willing to spend the bucks or not........he could have spent more last off-season and didn't, and i wouldn't be surprised if he took the cheap route again.......

211584[/snapback]

Any contract workings with Moulds will certainly involve cap relief for the Bills. He is slated to count more than 8 million dollars next season, and that will never happen.

Any contract workings with Moulds will certainly involve cap relief for the Bills. He is slated to count more than 8 million dollars next season, and that will never happen.

211595[/snapback]

of course, his cap hit will certainly go down, but it has nothing to do with a pay cut.......there is zero chance moulds would accept a pay cut (he would love to get cut and hit free agency) and zero chance the bills would ask him to take one (what would be the point?)........

211584[/snapback]

The Bills have spent money every year TD has been here minus his 1st season when we purged the roster.

Each year we have been just under the cap limit. Please explain to me how TD has taken the cheap route ?

The Bills have spent money every year TD has been here minus his 1st season when we purged the roster.

Each year we have been just under the cap limit. Please explain to me how TD has taken the cheap route ?

211600[/snapback]

exactly...

There could be something more to this, but I would be willing to accept that TD is doing whatever possible to make enough cap room to re-sign Phat Pat and Jonas at the same time. Although TD is a big bluff artist, I don't doubt his repeated contentions that he is most concerned with keeping his own guys rather than going out and buying them from FA.

It'll take some big bucks to keep those two (plus Clements) here, so if there is cap room to be had, he'll find it.

211600[/snapback]

sure, for example:

pete kendall became available just before the 2004 season.......he would have been PERFECT as our starting LG in 2004.......TD, being cheap, didn't look at him and didn't sign him even though we had the room to sign him and the need was there........instead he went to our division rival and had a fantastic season, being named as a all-pro by several publications.....the bills, on the other hand, struggled at the LG position early in the year with castoff laurence smith manning the spot, until tucker stepped in and played well, but not nearly to kendall's level.......

IMO, if TD wasn't cheap and filled the LG position last off-season we make the playoffs in 2004.......instead he didn't spend the bucks and put to much faith in mcnally, and we paid for it.......

that is one example but there are others.........i just hope he spends some cash this off-season and takes this team over the hump.........

sure, for example:

pete kendall became available just before the 2004 season.......he would have been PERFECT as our starting LG in 2004.......TD, being cheap, didn't look at him and didn't sign him even though we had the room to sign him and the need was there........instead he went to our division rival and had a fantastic season, being named as a all-pro by several publications.....the bills, on the other hand, struggled at the LG position early in the year with castoff laurence smith manning the spot, until tucker stepped in and played well, but not nearly to kendall's level.......

IMO, if TD wasn't cheap and filled the LG position last off-season we make the playoffs in 2004.......instead he didn't spend the bucks and put to much faith in mcnally, and we paid for it.......

that is one example but there are others.........i just hope he spends some cash this off-season and takes this team over the hump.........

211613[/snapback]

Pete Kendall was evaluated by our staff (namely McNally, not ony TD) and was determined to be too small and for our system/scheme. He was suggested and, in effect, denied as a prospect. The issue was not $

sure, for example:

211613[/snapback]

Agree on the Kendall thing, but I don't think they didn't look at him for cap reasons, but I think these guys, outside of a notable few(Belicheck,Reid) are scared to bring in someone who has just been cut or is considered to be a problem child. Remember, the prevailing thought was that he was not buying into Dennys system, and nobody wants a problem child on their team. As I said in my earlier post, I tend to agree with that. This dude was cut right at the beginning of training camp by the Cards for christs sake. THE STINKIN CARDS cut him, gotta be a loser.

However, when a strong team ethic prevails, these problem children seem to fall in line ,ala TO and Dillon. Guess I am just envious of teams like the Pats and Eagles that seem to know when to let go of the BIG Name guys like Milloy, Douglas, Trotter, Woody when they are at the peak of earning power, but on the downward side of their playmaking ability, and can bring in guys that hate to lose more than they love to make money.

Agree on the Kendall thing, but I don't think they didn't look at him for cap reasons, but I think these guys, outside of a notable few(Belicheck,Reid) are scared to bring in someone who has just been cut or is considered to be a problem child. Remember, the prevailing thought was that he was not buying into Dennys system, and nobody wants a problem child on their team. As I said in my earlier post, I tend to agree with that. This dude was cut right at the beginning of training camp by the Cards for christs sake. THE STINKIN CARDS cut him, gotta be a loser.

However, when a strong team ethic prevails, these problem children seem to fall in line ,ala TO and Dillon. Guess I am just envious of teams like the Pats and Eagles that seem to know when to let go of the BIG Name guys like Milloy, Douglas, Trotter, Woody when they are at the peak of earning power, but on the downward side of their playmaking ability, and can bring in guys that hate to lose more than they love to make money.

211634[/snapback]

Big name signings can also work, ala Paup, Speilman, Kearse, Takeo, and more.

Btw, please post more often. :P

Pete Kendall was evaluated by our staff (namely McNally, not ony TD) and was determined to be too small and  for our system/scheme. He was suggested and, in effect, denied as a prospect. The issue was not $

211633[/snapback]

well that is a huge blunder on TD's part, no?

obviously he would have helped the team.......obviously we had a need there........obviously it would have been a solid move.......so if it wasn't about money, why didn't he get him in here? attitude? he didn't seem to cause any problems in NY, so i guess TD misjudged that as well........

i think it was about money, plain and simple........TD didn't want to pay the bucks and wanted to get by with "bargain bin " talent......jets, on the other hand, weren't afraid to spend and reaped the rewards (i.e. playoffs).......

it's amazing how people will defend EVERYTHING donahoe does......i like the guy, he's a good GM, but he's not perfect, and in this case he screwed up.......he over-estimated our OL, and we paid for it........another solid guard and we are in the playoffs, but TD miscalculated..........

it's okay to admit it - it doesn't make you a "bad" bills fan to call out the GM for a bad move......but hey, if you want to be a sheep, be my guest........

Big name signings can also work, ala Paup, Speilman, Kearse, Takeo, and more.

Btw, please post more often.  :P

211643[/snapback]

paup wasn't exactly a big signing when we brought him in. he was a vet free agent LB who turned around and had a big season (defensive player of the year) due in large part to bruce smith (the following season's DPOTY)

his big payday came when he left buffalo for jacksonville, where he faded into obscurity due in part to injury

d wag...Kendall was said to be very small. This even scared me after watching Ruben, who probably weighed around 270, getting pushed around.

That said, Kendall had a good year, but imo it was a tough call.

211646[/snapback]

you can label it a tough call if you want (i call it a slam dunk -- he's a former all-pro and his play this year was hardly surprising to me), but anyway you spin it you still have a BAD MOVE by TD........we had a need, he could have filled that need, and he didn't even bring him in for a workout.......like i said, he over-estimated the LG position and it cost us big time........