Looking At The Renogiations, etc....

Sure he would beat out Tucker and Smith, but would certainly not be at his best in our scheme and would cost alot of $ to just be a bandaid, and would not resolve any of the continuity issues on our line. The coaches never said that the players they already had were better. I don't see very many posters saying TD was wrong for not signing him other than you.

And no, there is zero possibility that a whole staff (on any NFL team) could ever make a decision such as this, weighing all the factors, and be "wrong" about it while you (or some fan) are right. Never happened. Never will. You keep asking me to back up my comments and I do. When are you going to start backing up yours with real information? I'd imagine you were once "hot on the trail" to bring in Superbowl MVP Larry Brown over to our team as well , right?

212762[/snapback]

Should have signed him to get some recompensation. Listen, being a GM is an inexact science. Can we all agree on that? We tend to focus on the mistakes, and forget the hits. I posted earlier about TD not re-uping guys earlier, but I forgot about Mormon. I also know that at the time I thought Rodney Harrison was way over the hill, but he's played pretty well the last two years. Could have had him for much less than Milloy, and , while I am no defensive backfield expert, i would say he has played just as well as Lawyer, and I think they are about the same age. Point is no GM is 100%.

Could Kendall have helped, in hind sight I believe so. However, at the time I thought TD made the right decision in not pursuing him, not becasue TD is cheap, but the boy had the bad rep comin out of ARZ.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he would have resolved continuity issues on our line -- how could adding a probowler to our roster not?? he is better then tucker and smith, and he would have made our line better.......your blind if you can't see that.....he had a great year with the jets and he would have had a great year with us........

bart obviously agreed with me -- "I understand that you think TD screwed up by passing on Kendell (I don't think many here would disagree)"

the fact you can't admit they were WRONG about this speaks volumes.....it's obvious they were wrong -- kendall had a pro bowl type year and we struggled at LG for half the season........you don't want a pro bowl season over revolving door at the LG position? do you realize how silly you sound?.......it's not rocket science -- they were wrong and he could have helped our line, solving our LG need (which is still a need).......

i've backed up my position with real information.......you say he wouldn't fit our team or scheme, and i made that sound foolish by pointing out he has been successful with three different teams in three different schemes.......but that's right, your position is if he comes to buffalo he would not be successful -- it's laughable.........real information? how about his probowls? do tucker or smith have any of those? is there anything TD has done that you didn't agree with? bah bah bah.......

212784[/snapback]

You love to hear yourself say the same thing over and over don't you? You certainly haven't convinced anyone with any sense that he would have played well here in a man on man blocking scheme taking on huge interior defensive lineman by himself, getting a forward push in the running game, and allowing our already undersized center TT to play to the best of his abilities. You have never showed that he played well in different schemes as you say. Maybe you could start by describing the schemes of the teams you mentioned. Our staff as a whole ( no, again not just TD) has access to tape of every down the man has played in this league and probably college as well. They also have one of the best offensive line coaches in the league who has a plan and a very good idea of what works and what doesn't within his scheme. Did Ruben Brown work in Mcnally's scheme? Obviously not. Did Rubes make the Pro Bowl? Yes, 7 times. The proto-type you are looking for in our current scheme at Guard is a Larry Allen type, not a Pete Kendall type. We don't run lot's of finesse based running plays like the Jets and Broncos do. I'm sorry if you don't understand this, and many people don't, but thems the facts.

....and yes I have some areas in mind where I feel TD has failed over the years, but not as many as his successes. I've always felt there are plenty posters here to rip apart our management so I don't need to pile on in most cases.

You love to hear yourself say the same thing over and over don't you? You certainly haven't convinced anyone with any sense that he would have played well here in a man on man blocking scheme taking on huge interior defensive lineman by himself, getting a forward push in the running game, and allowing our already undersized center TT to play to the best of his abilities. You have never showed that he played well in different schemes as you say. Maybe you could start by describing the schemes of the teams you mentioned. Our staff as a whole ( no, again not just TD) has access to tape of every down the man has played in this league and probably college as well. They also have one of the best offensive line coaches in the league who has a plan and a very good idea of what works and what doesn't within his scheme.

212840[/snapback]

you forgot one thing -- they never make mistakes either.......NEVER......

at least others are man enough to own up and say they were wrong about kendall........i'm sure TD and company would as well.......maybe then, and only then, with their blessing, would you see the error of your ways.........

the results on the field speak for themselves...........believe whatever you like.........

you forgot one thing -- they never make mistakes either.......NEVER......

at least others are man enough to own up and say they were wrong about kendall........i'm sure TD and company would as well.......maybe then, and only then, with their blessing, would you see the error of your ways.........

the results on the field speak for themselves...........believe whatever you like.........

212849[/snapback]

Why would a person say they made a mistake when they didn't ? I'm sorry you don't understand what a blocking scheme is. If I'm GM and Mcnally and MM tell me a guy doesn't fit our scheme, and the guy costs a significant amount of $, I'm not gonna make the move. You ignore plenty of presented facts about the x's and o's behind this decision.

I've admitted large mistakes here before such as my one time evaluation of Travis Henry. This is not one of those times.