The Cowboys are Americas Team

What in the hell does this:

"The key idea is that we look at team box office revenues relative to team on-field success, market population, stadium capacity, median income and other factors."

have to do with fan loyalty?

Mathematicians gone wild.

Yeah... You would think BFLO would be number one!

On field success = none = they suck!

Market population = one of the smallest in the league!

Stadium capacity = one of the biggest in the league!

Medium income = one of the smallest in the league!

Other fatcors = crappy weather from November and on!

...YET, the Bills continue to sell out, don't need to tarp their upper decks, like nice climate JAX who is only a couple spots lower in their list for fan loyalty (go figure). How much more loyal can BFLO fans get?

Jeeze Louise, BFLO fans should be canonized... 24? Huh?

I think it's amusing that they think the Patriots have one of the most loyal fan bases. There were tumbleweeds blowing through Sullivan Stadium when the likes of Hugh Millen and Scott Zolak played QB for NE. As soon as Brady retires that bandwagon will come to a screeching halt.

The theory is flawed if they are using net revenue generated by ticket sales. Tickets at the Giants, Patriots, Cowboys are much higher than what we pay at the Ralph. My lower bowl seat in Ralph for 102 per ticket, while the same seat is 145 at a Jets game (plus the PSL). I don't know if they considered that as a factor but if the study factored in revenue from ticket sales rather than number of tickets sold they have a skewed result.

relax, they are NOT defining "loyalty" like we are....

The analysis begins with a model of box office revenue based on variables that correspond to market potential (capacity and market population), team quality (winning percentage) and entertainment value (number of all stars, payroll). The insight or theory that drives the analysis is that this model can be used to predict the revenue that is due to quality and market potential. Any difference between this predicted value and actual value is due to “fan loyalty.”

For example, when I speak to classes about what loyalty means, the first answer I get is that loyal customers engage in repeat buying of a brand. I will then throw out the example of the local cable company. The key to this example is that cable companies have very high repeat buying rates but they also frequently have fairly unhappy customers. When asked if a company can have loyal but unhappy customers students quickly realize that it is difficult to cleanly measure loyalty.

What in the hell does this:

"The key idea is that we look at team box office revenues relative to team on-field success, market population, stadium capacity, median income and other factors."

have to do with fan loyalty?

Mathematicians gone wild.

Buffalo has the second highest unemployment rate, and the 2nd lowest median income of all cities w/ populations over 250,000... And I Billieve our ticket prices are still hanging around 30th in the NFL... These people that are responsible for this article clearly tried to over think how to come to a conclusion.... I stand firm on my stance, they can lick Billy Buffalo's furry little Bison Balls