CJ Spillers run

The same Sean Payton that has a Super Bowl-winning, first-ballot HOF'er chucking it around?

And you didn't address my question. Has CJ been consistently productive throughout his career?

And Trent did none of these things? I see a lot of Trent in EJ.

Like late, defenses-have-figured-this-****-out, I'm-about-to-be-cut Trent.

I don't take that strong of a stance yet but ibknowbwhat you're getting at. I believe EJ has not shown the poise Trent did early on. He lacks confidence and it is a glaring issue

Spiller only averages 5 ypc for his career. He sucks.

YPC is deceiving for a runner like Spiller. One run of 45 yards followed by 4 runs of -5 yards each gives you an average of 5 YPC, but is generally not going to help the team much.

In my opinion, a back like FredEX who is more likely to run 5 times gaining 4 yards each for a lower YPC than Spiller, is far more valuable to the team long term. Even though the Spiller types are far more exciting to watch.

our center had his own issues Sunday, but the flag was thrown downfield on receiver Robert Woods

You are right. This is from the box score:

1st and 20 at BUF 17 (Shotgun) E.Manuel pass short left to C.Spiller for 83 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-R.Woods, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 43.

first off, thanks for posting the clip, but i don't know what you guys are looking at. the call was on our WR, and i'm not the only one who thinks so..

http://www.wgr550.co...tentId=14333438

If you watch from the 5:24 mark to about the 5:27 mark in that video above, Eric Wood has an obvious hold on the guy from the 30 to the 35 yard line.

It was horribly obvious and the right call. Maybe there was one on Woods too that moved it further back? Either way, there was holding on that play.

You are right. This is from the box score:

1st and 20 at BUF 17 (Shotgun) E.Manuel pass short left to C.Spiller for 83 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-R.Woods, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at BUF 43.

The box score must be wrong. R. Woods is down by the 25 and E. Wood is at the 30-35. How could it be enforced at the 43???? Spiller is already past everyone by the time he gets to the 43. (please keep in mind we were on the long side of the field, not the short)

Holding is a spot foul, so it should be enforced from where the flag lands. It looks to me like the flag thrown by the ref just comes up short. Due to the timing of the flag throw, it looked to me like he was throwing it when E. Wood was holding, not R. Woods. I can see how this could be messed up in the box score too lol.

Edited by peterpan

If you watch from the 5:24 mark to about the 5:27 mark in that video above, Eric Wood has an obvious hold on the guy from the 30 to the 35 yard line.

It was horribly obvious and the right call. Maybe there was one on Woods too that moved it further back? Either way, there was holding on that play.

The box score must be wrong. R. Woods is down by the 25 and E. Wood is at the 30-35. How could it be enforced at the 43???? Spiller is already past everyone by the time he gets to the 43. (please keep in mind we were on the long side of the field, not the short)

Holding is a spot foul, so it should be enforced from where the flag lands. It looks to me like the flag thrown by the ref just comes up short. Due to the timing of the flag throw, it looked to me like he was throwing it when E. Wood was holding, not R. Woods. I can see how this could be messed up in the box score too lol.

let's see..

it was 1st and 20 from our 18

both guys held on TD run, so the spot is where the foul took place.

if refs see both guys hold - or just R Woods - the spot to walk off 10 from would have been our 25 for an R Woods hold - giving us a 1st and 23 from our 15.

if refs see just E Wood hold - the spot to walk off 10 from would have been our 35 for an E Wood hold - giving us a 1st and 13 from our 25.

now, they officially called it on R Woods, so i guess the former took place. where the hell they got our 43 as the spot of the foul, is beyond me, but we ended up with a 1st and 5 from our 33. go figure.

now, they officially called it on R Woods, so i guess the former took place. where the hell they got our 43 as the spot of the foul, is beyond me, but we ended up with a 1st and 5 from our 33. go figure.

Hahaha I forgot that they gave us a 1st and 5. How is that possible after a 10 yard penalty bahaha.