Was the season lost before it started

mart

If you remember before the season started Kevin Kolb was to be the man, and to mentor

EJ. He got hurt and then EJ recovered from his knee procedure, so Tuel was not needed

opening day. Thats when a one time proven NFL QB should have been brought in and kept

maybe not to be the starter but at least have EJ watch, listen and learn the position. I!m

sure one would have available from a Practice Squad, CFL,Arena League, NFL Europe

or stocking products at WalMart.

So for the first 13 weeks who has been helping or teaching EJ? Thad Lewis, Tuel?

I mean why do we have

Quality Control Coaches

LB Coaches

DB Coaches

a OL Coach

a WR Coach

a TE Coach

a DL Coach

a RB Coach

a ST CO

a OC

a DC

but as far as I know no QB Coach. I know the Jets have David Lee a QB Coach

and Dave Gerrard who has not played in 4 years as a mentor to Geno Smith.

Why do the Bills have a RB Coach- to teach Fred Jackson?

If you remember before the season started Kevin Kolb was to be the man, and to mentor

EJ. He got hurt and then EJ recovered from his knee procedure, so Tuel was not needed

opening day. Thats when a one time proven NFL QB should have been brought in and kept

maybe not to be the starter but at least have EJ watch, listen and learn the position. I!m

sure one would have available from a Practice Squad, CFL,Arena League, NFL Europe

So for the first 13 weeks who has been helping or teaching EJ? Thad Lewis, Tuel?

I mean why do we have

Quality Control Coaches

LB Coaches

DB Coaches

a OL Coach

a WR Coach

a TE Coach

a DL Coach

a RB Coach

a ST CO

a OC

a DC

And its making a world of difference in the comparrison between the 2 rookie QBs :rolleyes:

If Hackett is the QB coach he should be listed as so, and I guess then he is holding 2 positions

to save on organizational salary, although explain to me what his credentials are, maybe like

his NFL playoff record as a QB.

It seems to me if you're the OC coordinator, yourself new to the NFL, and trying to install a new offense, that's pretty much a full time job and then some. Now add in that you have TWO rookie QBs and one guy who is barely more than one himself, all 3 of them in need of attention but none more than your first round pick whom the team is counting on to be your franchise QB for at least the next decade, which seems to me like an extremely important job in itself, and one that should take up a great deal of time. So someone from OBD, please tell me how it makes sense that all of this is on one rookie OC coordinator's shoulders? I suggest it is beyond the ability of any one person to do an excellent job with both vital assignments: if you focus on one they way you should, the other has to suffer. The other possibility is that you split time between the two in such a way that BOTH assignments suffer, which is what it seems Hackett has done.

This team sucks. I don't blame the coach. If you have top flight talent with heart... Homer Simpson could be the coach and win.

Of course if you hire Dick J and Dave Wanny.... they could get talent to half-ass it. So maybe I am wrong.

Edited by Iraq Vet

If Hackett is the QB coach he should be listed as so, and I guess then he is holding 2 positions

to save on organizational salary, although explain to me what his credentials are, maybe like

his NFL playoff record as a QB.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/nathaniel-hackett/d44495d8-f6b5-410b-8ad0-97cd22f444aa

right there, listed as OC and QB coach

also contains his bio, which should help you with his credentials.

Thanks for the info No Saint, on Bills Daily it did not have a QB coach listed.

In seeing his Bio on Buffalobills.com it looks like something you can find if looking for a date on

Facebook or Twitter-a combination of Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton and then

if you meet-------you get the idea.

It seems his college career was a letterman as a LB and long snapper. It does not say how much

he played or what his QB coaching ability was to get the Syracuse position as TE/QB/ Passing Game

Coach in 2010 which made him a great candidate to be a QB Coach at a losing NFL team.

Could you please explain to me what a Quality Control Coach does? What does he Control and

good Quality or bad Quality?

They started badly and never got going on offense. The defense was okay after the first couple drives, but the QB was confused and had no pocket presence. He would find himself with a second to think, and almost always stutter-stepped, or went for a stroll. He is the reason we could not come back in the game. And penalties and bad calls.

I mean why do we have

Quality Control Coaches

LB Coaches

DB Coaches

a OL Coach

a WR Coach

a TE Coach

a DL Coach

a RB Coach

a ST CO

a OC

a DC

If you recall, the Bills had David Lee as a QB coach for Fitz last year. He was supposed to be "the difference maker," training camp reports indicated that he was straightening out Fitz's footwork and delivery and was FItz was gushing about Lee's teaching. As for EJ, I think he really is a guy who could benefit from a guy like Lee, although Lee doesn't seem to have helped Smith much. I do think one guy that could have helped tutor EJ was Jackson, and I still think it was a mistake to let him go and sign Kolb, who the Bills staff thought was better.

There should have to be decisions made about this after the season.

One idea is to draft another QB and finally hope to hit the jackpot, and bring in

a proven veteran QB who fell out of favor with his team(and I mean someone who has

led his team to the playoffs like Schaub or Sanchez)and with EJ let the 3 of them

compete to be the man next year and maybe 2 of them can learn something from the

veteran since obviously EJ has not learned from a ex LB/Long Snapper.

EJ has been in the shotgun all year;Rich Gannon believes rookie QBs learn more

from being under Center rather than the shotgun. Just saying.