Was the season lost before it started

mart

Sadly, I think it was. There were a number of head scratching moves in the run-up to the season opener. Most of us gave the new regime the benefit of the doubt, but it's looking like we're wrong to do so. There's a reason why no other team has ever gone into a season with only 2 rookies on the roster at QB. The decision to cut TJax; the imminent FA signing at LG that never came; the decision to cut D Rogers; the decision to cut the only experienced WR not named Stevie.

From day 1 there were questions, and now it's looking like there was no method to the madness, just plain ineptitude. For a guy who's supposed to be an offensive minded coach, Marrone hasn't done much to inspire confidence in his ability to build an offense. That said, I'll give him the last 3 games before I tell you what I really think.

Mediocre (so far) QB, sketchy offensive line, WRs who have their own individual issues, a TE who is a bit soft and is starting to become unreliable, and an offensive coordinator who's offensive plan is a bit questionable as well. It all adds up pretty quickly.

What's unclear to me is how our defense is still struggling... sure it's better than last year, but overall fairly average other than sacks and INTs. Most people would agree that the individual players on our line are pretty good, as well as our MLB. Also most seem to think our two starting CBs and Safeties are pretty good too...

So, is Pettine overrated? Or are the talents of our individual players?