Accountability

vegas55

Looks like KW wanted to tear the first reporter's head off: http://goo.gl/1WnhZW

Wow...as CB is asking him whether the team needs to grow up or be better pros you can hear some idiots yucking it up in the background.

A dead-eyed KW: It's both.

This is starting to have the looks of a lost locker room. Kyle seems to be insinuating that some of the guys are not 100% in and "accountable" whatever that means and is saying it publicly. Reminds me of Aaron Schobel in the 2009 season.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is starting to have the looks of a lost locker room. Kyle seems to be insinuating that some of the guys are not 100% in and "accountable" whatever that means and is saying it publicly. Reminds me of Aaron Schobel in the 2009 season.

Let the speculation begin. But yes, this interview paired with Wood's comments lead me to believe some players have had their fill of **** from certain teammates.

Weren't there a LOT of ties cut following Marrone's first year in Syracuse?

This whole area of thought is about the players, and the bad playing, but it starts at the top,

and until the team is sold and a new CEO, a new GM and a new Coach come here, we are just

spinning our wheels and going no place. There is a reason we went to 4 straight SBs and it started

with Bill Polian and the coach brought in Marv Levy. Do you think any GM or Coach we have had since

are going to the HOF there? The only way they ever get in the HOF is to buy a ticket. Why do we get these people?

Is it because management is among the lowest paid in the NFL. Why was Marrone given a 3 year contract

without proving himself? Are you going to ask Brandon or Whaley who have never proven themselves.

Get better management who gets better players and this board would not be so negative

Agree -- stupid little buzzword that means absolutely nothing w/o action to back it up. You don't just say "players have to be accountable". You MAKE them accountable by benching them when they screw up. You tell a player, straight-up, "You screwed up and now you're going have an opportunity to SIT and think about it". That's accountability!!

One last thing. The OC should be fired immediately. Down big near the end of the 3rd Quarter.

& non competitive. How did he think we had a chance to win the game, by starting 3 straight

series with running plays(the third play not finished due to a penalty, but it was a running play)

Was there any passes yesterday thrown over 20 yards or were they all basically checkdowns.

He is in over his head, but will probably be here with Marrone for the full 3 year contract.

If you watch that touchdown run on the 2nd play of the game ,you'll see Nigel Bradham running 5yds. behind Byrd trying to catch the RB ! Nigel catches Byrd and blows right by him ! LOL ! Byrd has no speed and the Bills are right on not giving him No.1 Safety pay !

Yea and how has he enforced accountability? Time to sit players who don't perform...he says it all day long but takes no action when someone screws up constantly such as "why so serious".

Marv Levy benched he entire first string defense when they played like crap in Miami back in 1990 or 1991....what does Doug do to send message? N O T H I N G.

One of Marrone's favorite buzzwords - accountability. But it's becoming clear that Bills players are not really grasping the concept. It's no surprise that Stevie does not hold himself accountable " that dropped pass (alligator armed, caused interception), happened early, so it doesn't really matter". But Eric Woods statement on poor O line play "down 21-3 in second quarter, no O line can play well in those circumstances" was a shocker. Talk about a lack of accountability. Hey Eric, you were only down 14-3 for the vast majority of 2nd quarter. And even if the defense is teeing off to rush the passer with a big lead, it does not explain your inability to run block or your dumb motion penalties. Be accountable; lame excuses are for losers.

Well, they're pretty much running' for the bus at this point. As a fan, you might as well shut er down at this point. The KC and Falcons losses just killed em in terms of playoff thoughts. If I'm making $3-4m a year I am thinking about staying healthy at this point and making sure I am ready to make another $3-4m next year. This is not HS or College football. The coaches will coach and the players will play, but don't look for any WR taking crazy risks over the middle. Look for O lineman playing hard but staying out of pileups. Look for RBs getting down instead of getting blasted. Business decisions by players. Kind of like preseason. Just the way it is.

And finally, this is the Jets 3rd OC in 3 years. They did!nt like the results of there offense

and kept moving on. I will bet anything that Hackett is still here next year.

Hackett will be there as long as Marrone is. So get used to looking at him for at least two seasons or until Ralph passes, the team sells and everything gets blown up.

Yea and how has he enforced accountability? Time to sit players who don't perform...he says it all day long but takes no action when someone screws up constantly such as "why so serious".

Marv Levy benched he entire first string defense when they played like crap in Miami back in 1990 or 1991....what does Doug do to send message? N O T H I N G.

This is absolutely right. Accountability with no action behind it is just meaningless talk.

There was chatter on Schopp and the bulldog this afternoon that Chris Brown suggested some sort of purge may be coming. I can't help but think of Stevie, especially considering his post game comments. Talk about no accountability - is that what the Bills get for $6 mil a year? Not if I was GM.

"Accountable"...what does it mean? How about the old catch phrase "I guarantee this team won't be outworked"? I don't listen to any of that managerial talk.

I don't care about accountability, or outworking the other team. I care about winning, and I believe there have been many winning teams without either of those.

Benching the offensive unit, or trading away guys because they don't want to admit their own mistakes sounds nice, but won't equal winning. Admitting your mistakes is not generally something an egomaniac will do, and plenty of egomaniacs have been VERY successful coaches and players.

The Bills have problems, but most of them are a combination lack of experience, lack of talent, and sheer bad luck.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Once again, as said leader it is your responsibility to address said player not performing to the best of their abilities. That is what catapulted the "Bickering Bills" to 4 consecutive AFC Championships. So a message to the captains, "Stop looking in the mirror and start pointing fingers!"

"Accountable"...what does it mean? How about the old catch phrase "I guarantee this team won't be outworked"? I don't listen to any of that managerial talk.

I don't care about accountability, or outworking the other team. I care about winning, and I believe there have been many winning teams without either of those.

Benching the offensive unit, or trading away guys because they don't want to admit their own mistakes sounds nice, but won't equal winning. Admitting your mistakes is not generally something an egomaniac will do, and plenty of egomaniacs have been VERY successful coaches and players.

The Bills have problems, but most of them are either lack of experience, lack of talent, and sheer bad luck.

EFFORT is the BIGGEST problem of them all!

If Marrone is the man people think he is, at half time

he would have made adjustments, benching the entire 11 men offensive and defensive units

for at least a couple of series and telling the team that if they want to be on the field for the

Buffalo Bills they they will perform on the field.

Don1t you think they would have got more effort from guys who would have been happy to

play football. Sure, it would have taken guts to do that, but at least now everyone knows

if you fumble the football, don!t block and don!t do what it takes to win-you still play.

are you 11 years old ? this ain't pee wee football bud

Once again, as said leader it is your responsibility to address said player not performing to the best of their abilities. That is what catapulted the "Bickering Bills" to 4 consecutive AFC Championships. So a message to the captains, "Stop looking in the mirror and start pointing fingers!"

EFFORT is the BIGGEST problem of them all!

True.

I left that out, but it's not the same as accountability, or outworking.

Actually to be fair, TALENT is the BIGGEST problem of them all...

Effort is definitely a close second.

I disagree. I don't believe that for the last 14 years the Bills roster was so much less talented. At QB, yes, but I don't think our 300lb. linemen, were so much less talented (measureable-wise) than the playoff team's 300lb. linemen. I think it's been attitude, and belief in your coaches/ teammates. You gotta believe that you can win, or the effort will be lacking. The Bill's players have been playing strictly for paychecks.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro