1st down. Shotgun. Handoff.

covac23

Is anyone else as sick and tired of this play call as I am?

Hacketts playcalling is an issue.

We have a scat back and instead of running him primarly outside the tackles and using him in designed screens to attempt to get him in space, and in the short passing game we run him inside the tackles.

We are one of the most run heavy offenses in the NFL yet we rarely run playaction and never run playaction with the QB under center.

We have one of the most mobile quarterbacks in the league yet Hackett never runs designed bootlegs to allow Manuel to get in space and avoid the pass rush.

I'd grade Hackett an F,

Hacketts playcalling is an issue.

We have a scat back and instead of running him primarly outside the tackles and using him in designed screens to attempt to get him in space, and in the short passing game we run him inside the tackles.

We are one of the most run heavy offenses in the NFL yet we rarely run playaction and never run playaction with the QB under center.

We have one of the most mobile quarterbacks in the league yet Hackett never runs designed bootlegs to allow Manuel to get in space and avoid the pass rush.

I'd grade Hackett an F,

This has been a problem all season. If the other team knows you have a tendency to run, having the QB under center with I formation (or even single back) with play action pass freezes the secondary for a moment and allows the WR's to get a step. Totally agree with you. Sooo frustrating.

Yesterday during Marone’s after game PC, where he acknowledged EJ’s struggles, he said that they need to simplify things for him….sounds to me that play calling will be even more predictable with less plays and formations for the rest of the year…..what a joy that will be to watch!

:doh::wallbash:

Yesterday during Marone’s after game PC, where he acknowledged EJ’s struggles, he said that they need to simplify things for him….sounds to me that play calling will be even more predictable with less plays and formations for the rest of the year…..what a joy that will be to watch!

:doh::wallbash:

Simpler is not always bad. Predictable is bad.

I think they could and should have just gone 2-TE set, FB, and Freddy yesterday. Power run, and then simple play action and roll outs out of it.

It would have been simpler for EJ too, and probably more effective than those shotgun sweeps.

don't worry guys. they're going to scale down the offense....

“It’s not starting over, don’t get me wrong. We’ve got to look to see what we can do and probably cut down on what we’re doing.” - Marrone

didn't know Hackett's brilliant offensive scheme was so involved to begin with. funny, we all kind of have a knack for predicting his calls...maybe we're just that in-tune as a fanbase hahaha

Is anyone else as sick and tired of this play call as I am?

Our offense is sad to watch. Hackett does not use enough I-Formation, play action, bootlegs, or screens.

Want to know when I knew the Bills were going to lose yesterday?

At around 12:45.

That is when I got the text update through the Bills mobile app, informing me that Frank Summers was inactive.

Not having our FB active meant more of this BS and no lead blocker. The lead blocker and play action ahs worked for us all season, but 2 out of 3 games we don't use it at all.

Spiller on grass: 25 carries, 56 yards, 2.2 yards per carry.

Spiller on turf: 124 carries, 622 yards, 5.0 yards per carry.

The Bills have a run-first offense, but it is largely a speed/finesse running game. This team can't decide they want to run the ball, at least not on the road. They don't have a QB that can carry them and they don't have a strong enough line in balance to push teams off the ball. That is not a winning formula.

Simpler is not always bad. Predictable is bad.

I think they could and should have just gone 2-TE set, FB, and Freddy yesterday. Power run, and then simple play action and roll outs out of it.

It would have been simpler for EJ too, and probably more effective than those shotgun sweeps.

I agree with that.

The play that blew my mind was at the end of the half. Shotgun and kneel down?!?! If you are going to kneel it why is he not under center?

The entire game I was yelling for screens and swing passes. If the pressure is getting there repeatedly you have to slow it down. That means either extra blockers or taking advantage of their aggresiveness. Hackett did neither. The one screen they did run Spiller took for an 80+ yard td (before being called back for holding). Then inexplicably they didn't go back to it!

Want to know when I knew the Bills were going to lose yesterday?

At around 12:45.

That is when I got the text update through the Bills mobile app, informing me that Frank Summers was inactive.

Not having our FB active meant more of this BS and no lead blocker. The lead blocker and play action ahs worked for us all season, but 2 out of 3 games we don't use it at all.

Ugh. I was wondering what happened to Summers.

I was crying out for him.

The play you're describing is a read-option.

That the QB opts for the same thing when he has 2-4 other options available has nothing to do with the OC or the "play call" you think Hackett is giving him.

Is it time to put this to rest, yet??

no. Stop calling the same damn freakin option play everytime. Especially when you, me, the defense, and everyone else knows its going outside to the left. Stop using the option. We DO NOT have an option QB. We should have been a run heavy playaction team, that welcomes pressure, to use the screen, and deep ball. Instead were a spread it, and run it offense, with no threat of intermediate or deep routs.