Forget the Bills for a second... Is the NFL losing it's appeal to

The Byrd tackle on Glennon is a prime example....the league is inexorably moving toward flag football rules level and I am not interested in that product. Bad enough that the underdog team suffers continuously from the majority of the egregiously unfair calls. It's no fun for me anymore and I couldn't care less about the playoffs this year.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think the game has gotten to a great place, and I think its best days are ahead of it." - Roger Goodell

How do you see evolution impacting college and youth football?

What do you think about the possibility of a cold-weather Super Bowl in two months?

Has there been backlash from fans on the new rules that are intended to improve safety?

http://www.nflevolut...ap2000000296168

Having a Super Bowl in what will likely be cold conditions, is the only positive I can think of from Roger Goodell.

At least it's kinda "keeping it real", as opposed to the slick direction the NFL has been pushing towards, harder and harder each season.

you will NEVER eliminate officiating mistakes. even after watching a replay in super slow motion we are still arguing the correct call.

Which is as good a statement of the current state of the NFL rule book as any. Even the unambiguous rules are ambiguous now.

You are out of your mind if you honestly believe that. Watch college football on any given Saturday. 10xs better. Not even close. The NFL is just about unwatchable for me. Even the close games are boring. Watch the NCAA Tournament & tell me that is not more exciting then anything the NFL has to offer.

Ah yes, nothing like watching teams like Florida St and Alabama beating teams like Nevada, Syracuse, Bethune Cookman, Georgia St, Chattanooga and idaho by an average of 40 point per game as they bravely run up the score on these tomato cans so they can beef up their BCS numbers.

And then there is the purity of the NCAA and their member institutions and students athletes all untouched by the greed and money that have ruined the NFL....

And, finally, there has never been any suggestion that top BCS teams/title contenders get preferential calls from the refs. That is only possible in the NFL.

Again, other than to spot the ball, what would be the role for on the field refs if every flag is to be reviewed off site? And what about missed calls? Will the war room signal the on field ref to stop play for a missed call? Even after the ball has been snapped for the next play?

No call will take 15 seconds to review--that has no basis in reality. Can you imagine the outcry if every call is being reviewed?

This is a bad plan.

Get used to the idea because it is going to happen.

Ah yes, nothing like watching teams like Florida St and Alabama beating teams like Nevada, Syracuse, Bethune Cookman, Georgia St, Chattanooga and idaho by an average of 40 point per game as they bravely run up the score on these tomato cans so they can beef up their BCS numbers.

And then there is the purity of the NCAA and their member institutions and students athletes all untouched by the greed and money that have ruined the NFL....

And, finally, there has never been any suggestion that top BCS teams/title contenders get preferential calls from the refs. That is only possible in the NFL.

Your right there are games like FSU/Savannah ST every week. But here is thing. There are over 100 games played on any given Saturday & there are always interesting games on the docket week in & week out. Never said the NCAA was pure & that all the student athletes are clean & untouched when it comes to money. Not sure why you would even reference that.

you did notice I said "professional" sports, correct? I did so for a reason. So no, I'm not out of my mind.

My apologies.

I grew up in Buffalo as an NFL fan. Been living in the south for 20 years now. College is so much better with the BCS. Every game is like a playoff game. Lose and chances are no BCS bowl game. Plus Goodell can't screw up what he doesn't run. NFL is leaning more and more towards Flag football. these are MEN, not girls. Let 'em play!!

Your right there are games like FSU/Savannah ST every week. But here is thing. There are over 100 games played on any given Saturday & there are always interesting games on the docket week in & week out. Never said the NCAA was pure & that all the student athletes are clean & untouched when it comes to money. Not sure why you would even reference that.

My apologies.

I like college football, but I would say that 95 of those 100 games per week are not compelling at all. Most involve two bad teams or hopelessly nismatched teams. The BCS title contenders are encouraged to run up the score on the lesser teams. Not much is exciting about that.

I grew up in Buffalo as an NFL fan. Been living in the south for 20 years now. College is so much better with the BCS. Every game is like a playoff game. Lose and chances are no BCS bowl game. Plus Goodell can't screw up what he doesn't run. NFL is leaning more and more towards Flag football. these are MEN, not girls. Let 'em play!!

Yet if your contender/favorite team has a loss early or midseason, their chances of playing in the championship game are all but over after that loss. However, in the NFL, many playoff spots aren;t decided until the last week. Most teams aren't "out of it" until late December. I think that makes the NFL much more compelling than the NCAA, where this is absolutely no parity (by design).

Edited by Mr. WEO

I challenge you to watch as many of the Bowl games as is convenient for you this year. Not talking about just the BCS bowls, the lesser ones are often more entertaining. Then if you feel that they are not more interesting and exciting to watch than the average NFL game, I will concede your argument. I personally have been amazed at how good most of the matchups for the Bowl games have been over the past few years. Lots of excitement and close games. Just my opinion, but I tend to agree that college football is more entertaining than the NFL.