Interested to see what happens in the offseason

Big Turk

There are going to major changes I think coming...shuttling more of the dead wood and bringing in another good draft class, hopefully on the offensive side of the ball for the most part, possibly another QB...

Whaley is not going to be playing games in getting this team on a path to winning and I know Marrone is not happy with a bunch of the mail it in players today...

Major shakeups are coming, gotta get some of these guys off the bus

There are going to major changes I think coming...shuttling more of the dead wood and bringing in another good draft class, hopefully on the offensive side of the ball for the most part, possibly another QB...

Whaley is not going to be playing games in getting this team on a path to winning and I know Marrone is not happy with a bunch of the mail it in players today...

If you are expecting major shake ups, you will be disappointed.

They are going to maintain the status quo, and try to get better through the draft. Probably the only big cut will be graham.

They are going to maintain the status quo, and try to get better through the draft. Probably the only big cut will be graham.

I don't buy it. Whaley is going to try to put his stamp on this team

If he doesn't he's missing out on a golden opportunity because he'll be smitten with the same stanky ****ty smell that this franchise has had hovering over its head for more than the last dozen years.

Too much of an overhaul would be a PR nightmare as it would clearly state another rebuild

I would expect another offseason like last offseason including some ploy to try and generate excitement

Whaley was nix's right hand man. This is already his team with his mark on it.

What's he going to do, other than try to shore up a few positions in the draft like guard and WR? He's not going to dump the franchise QB he helped draft.

What's he going to do, other than try to shore up a few positions in the draft like guard and WR? He's not going to dump the franchise QB he helped draft.

I hope he isn't afraid to take another QB. You are right though, this is just year 4 of Buddy's program. There are some new players here but every team has new players.

I agree. I think he wants to show off what he learned in Pittsburgh.

Or, show off what he learned in Buffalo. Only time will tell.

I hope he isn't afraid to take another QB. You are right though, this is just year 4 of Buddy's program. There are some new players here but every team has new players.

The QB position should be no different than any other position. You always try to get better at a position to make your team stronger.

#1 we don't know a franchise QB on our roster. #2 With today's rookie pay scale, you can draft a 1st round QB without dumping EJ. You leave EJ as the starter and let the rookie sit the bench and learn. If EJ miraculously develops, great! If not, you move on the year after.

Or, show off what he learned in Buffalo. Only time will tell.

The QB position should be no different than any other position. You always try to get better at a position to make your team stronger.

#1 we don't know a franchise QB on our roster. #2 With today's rookie pay scale, you can draft a 1st round QB without dumping EJ. You leave EJ as the starter and let the rookie sit the bench and learn. If EJ miraculously develops, great! If not, you move on the year after.

We do not have an NFL starting QB on this roster right now. Whaley knows it, Marrone knows it. We have to bring in competition at QB, otherwise Marrone will be out of a job. Because EJ is not starter material..I think Thad Lewis has way more moxie to play the position, and has more upside than EJ. This season has turned into a big black cloud. Marrone has to get the team to show up the next 3 weeks, else his credibility will shrink tremendously. And it certainly isn't high right now. This team looks completely unprofessional in the way they execute in all three phases. They look confused undisciplined disinterested passionless and seriously overmatched. I thought Marrone would bring better than this..

I agree. I think he wants to show off what he learned in Pittsburgh.

That may well be, but how exactly is he going to leverage "Steeler Tradition" wearing Buffalo Bills gear? What has he done the last 4 years as far as building a program step by step? I mean three years of looking up to the Jauron era followed by falling down further isn't exactly setting the world on fire. I mean it's not even clear there is actual progress, let alone being consistent, or having any sense of urgency.

hopefully

Graham :angry: :angry: :angry:

should have been Wilson or Foles

The Bills FO / owner got tired of mediocre and fired Dick Jauon, Bills fans everywhere cheered. The prevailing atmosphere was that Chan Gailey HAD to be better then Skeletor...he wasn't!

In 2010 the Bills started the year 0-8 and all i read here was that Nix & Gailey needed a year to evaluate the roster. They got the year and went 4-12, then went 6-10 for another two years. They still don't know how to evaluate.

Bills owner steps away and Russ Brandon takes over, a younger version of Ralph Wilson, and nothing changes. Except of course a home game up in Toronto for 12 mill.

Every time we think the Bills are upgrading the coaching staff... it turns out to be a downgraded cheaper version of the same old thing.

The last Bills GM (who is still an adviser) had the belief that guards are a dime a dozen and let the best graded Bills O linemen (a guard) walk away. Then he let a dime a dozen player take his place. That player was so bad that he, and his backup were benched, then outright cut. So the backup center is now at LG, and he sucks too. The Buc's D line manhandled some of those dime a dozen O lineman and the new rookie QB paid the price.

Sorry to break it to you, but the more things change, the more they stay the same. A money man is the CEO. Buddy Nix's hand picked protege is now the GM. The HC that ruined two young QB's is replaced by a bonehead who wanted to make a backup QB into an elite QB. Now we are back to another HC that wants to ruin a young QB. SSDY

Which guys though?

TJ Graham and who else? SJ's contract definitely means he stays. Chandler is a FA. We'd be crazy to get rid of Pears or Legursky as they would make good backups if better starters were found. Bradham?....but again would provide backup ability. Seriously, who would you get rid of?

TJ Graham would not start on another NFL squad. He does nothing week in a week out. but they let go of Rodgers in camp , Colts pick him up and all of the sudden he is making plays for the Colts...

They let Levitre go and as I have said all year long they should have keep him. Another mistake.

I not worried about the D as much as the OL. They need upgrades at LG and RT. And they need an upgrade at WR. Stevie is not a true #1. Woods should be way more involved than he is. But they have one of the best backs in the NFL in Spiller but they still dont find ways to get him the ball enough which is puzzling.

Bottom line there is not much turnover needed. Graham, LG, RT and another LB that is good against the run .

TJ Graham would not start on another NFL squad. He does nothing week in a week out. but they let go of Rodgers in camp , Colts pick him up and all of the sudden he is making plays for the Colts...

They let Levitre go and as I have said all year long they should have keep him. Another mistake.

I not worried about the D as much as the OL. They need upgrades at LG and RT. And they need an upgrade at WR. Stevie is not a true #1. Woods should be way more involved than he is. But they have one of the best backs in the NFL in Spiller but they still dont find ways to get him the ball enough which is puzzling.

Bottom line there is not much turnover needed. Graham, LG, RT and another LB that is good against the run .

graham would most definitely be starting on the Colts, probably Panthers, Pats and Raiders. Could start in Houston and Cinci as well. I don't know other teams enough but know that handful to know they are no netter then we are at WR

Financially, you make a good point.

But, realistically, the organization would never give up on EJ so quickly. This was their guy, and now they are stuck with him.

If he were a 3rd or 4th round pick, then there would be no impediment to drafting a 1st round QB. But he was drafted in the 1st round to be a franchise QB. The whole organization has bought into it, and they will ride it out to the end.