Bills Sign TE Tony Moeaki to the Active Roster

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol:

Maybe you can . I cannot even get on the field much less block something. zone, man protect or otherwise. My kids used to get past me to the fridge no matter what defensive scheme i used if cake/dessert was present.

So how do you feel about Smith in the mix at this point 26 ?

Are the Marrones Bills going go finesse or bulk up with TEs ?

Not a Lee Smith fan IMO he's just is too undisciplined of a player. Marrone/Hackett are firm believers in the run game and are no doubt committed to a bigger, stronger, and more physical team.

:lol: :lol:

Not a Lee Smith fan IMO he's just is too undisciplined of a player. Marrone/Hackett are firm believers in the run game and are no doubt committed to a bigger, stronger, and more physical team.

okay we can agree on that.

That is part of my rationale that Bills will be bringing another TE on board , as i dont see , at this point

Moeaki

being a direct replacement for L. Smith and i also dont expect to see Smith on the team next year for the reason you mentioned .

I do have some hope for this Tony though and will keep my fingers crossed

NFL ready OLB? Sounds like Khalil, think he'll be available when we pick?

As long as Moeaki can perform and stay healthy, it shores up our deficiency for the foreseeable future. We may not even need to draft a long-term answer.

Agree. If healthy he is probably all you need at the position. He is a complete tight end and, assuming his injury history is not a continuing trend, or that injuries have not already compromised his ability to play at a high level, you could pretty much take TE off the shopping list as a priority item. If we mean to go down the two tight end set road then Chandler and maybe Gragg can step up.

It seems like this signing more likely signals the end for Gragg, instead of a shot across the bow at Chandler. Gragg was supposedly an offensively gifted TE and it doesn't look like it will be a priority for the Bills to try to get him more snaps down the stretch. Anyone disagree? I think Chandler/Moeaki could be a nice tandem in '14.

It seems like this signing more likely signals the end for Gragg, instead of a shot across the bow at Chandler. Gragg was supposedly an offensively gifted TE and it doesn't look like it will be a priority for the Bills to try to get him more snaps down the stretch. Anyone disagree? I think Chandler/Moeaki could be a nice tandem in '14.

gragg and moeaki have contracts in 2014, chandler does not - would be the clear counterpoint.

any speculation here really is just taking guesses though.