Holiday Films

DDD

As the holiday season is upon us, what is your favorite holiday movie you would suggest watching? I'm open to any and all suggestions. Mine is a 1970's movie/musical starring Albert Finney called Scrooged. It's based on Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol and is a forgotten classic. I highly recommend this film to put you in the Christmas spirit. What do you suggest TBDers?

Edited by DDD

I have a pretty warped sense of humor but "Christmas Vacation", "Elf", and "A Christmas Story" always make me laugh and are traditions in our home (we recite the lines as a family). "It's a Wonderful Life" is a classic obviously. For additional insights...refer to the "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" in the PPP thread.

"It's a Wonderful Life," "Christmas Vacation," and "Polar Express" are all staples in our household.

But I LOVE to catch "Scrooged," whenever it's on. Carol Kane gets my Christmas juices flowing ...

I agree with the ones mentioned so far. My daughter Zuzu takes her name from the little girl with the rose petals in It's a Wonderful Life.

I haven't seen Polar Express. We'll have to check that one out.

That's not what Beerball told us...he said something about ZuZu from "The Witches of Eastwick"

I agree with the ones mentioned so far. My daughter Zuzu takes her name from the little girl with the rose petals in It's a Wonderful Life.

I haven't seen Polar Express. We'll have to check that one out.

Find a copy of the book Polar Express first. Listen to the tape that comes with it as you read the book. Much more magical. Then watch the movie.

I have a pretty warped sense of humor but "Christmas Vacation", "Elf", and "A Christmas Story" always make me laugh and are traditions in our home (we recite the lines as a family). "It's a Wonderful Life" is a classic obviously. For additional insights...refer to the "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" in the PPP thread.

Those first three are my "go to" Christmas movies.

I believe Elf, in all honesty, is a modern classic. Cute, great music, fun story. Alot of people don't like Will Farrell so, immediately dismiss Elf, but it deserves a watching.

How could i forget! The Santa Clause. The original is terrific the sequels not so much

I actually think that Santa Claus 2 (the Mrs. Claus) is as good as the first. The third is crap.

Those first three are my "go to" Christmas movies.

I believe Elf, in all honesty, is a modern classic. Cute, great music, fun story. Alot of people don't like Will Farrell so, immediately dismiss Elf, but it deserves a watching.

I actually think that Santa Claus 2 (the Mrs. Claus) is as good as the first. The third is crap.

So you are warped as well....welcome!!