Dan Carpenter...

alias

...mere seconds after the loss, was seen in close-up with a benevolent smile and body language that looked like he wanted to french-kiss the Atlanta kicker, if only their face masks weren't in the way. I mean, get a room.

Do these guys even give a damn? I know Carpenter has bounced around, but there was no indication that the loss registered with him in any way whatsoever.

Did you want Carpenter to punch him in the face? Or cry uncontrollably?

Neither. But if he'd registered a millionth of the dismay that we fans felt at that moment, it might seem like this is something more than a charade.

The guy does his job, does it well and was obviously not the reason they lost

Its not like he missed a kick at the end to lose it

Agreed. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about how it seems like this is nothing more than skit night to some of these guys.

Maybe it's an issue with you caring too much, not him not caring enough.

Now, we're getting somewhere. I don't watch television "shows" and movies because actors don't move me. In the same way, the NFL is making it increasingly difficult to suspend my disbelief.

Edited by alias

Now, we're getting somewhere. I don't watch television "shows" and movies because actors don't move me. In the same way, the NFL is making it increasingly difficult to suspend my disbelief.

You miss that killer Larry Bird type of attitude... So do I. Those days are unfortunately dead and gone in professional sports.

In my line of work, I'd liken it to losing a big account and congratulating the firm that stole your customer. If someone I was acquainted with at a competitor beat me I wouldn't smile and hug it out right away. Maybe later, behind closed doors. I also dont make 7 or 800k for kicking a football. What do I know...

...mere seconds after the loss, was seen in close-up with a benevolent smile and body language that looked like he wanted to french-kiss the Atlanta kicker, if only their face masks weren't in the way. I mean, get a room.

Do these guys even give a damn? I know Carpenter has bounced around, but there was no indication that the loss registered with him in any way whatsoever.

Whoop-dee-freakin-doo!!!

You miss that killer Larry Bird type of attitude... So do I. Those days are unfortunately dead and gone in professional sports.

I get what you mean, and the OP (though I think it is a little over-stated in this particular case), but the ironic thing is, so many of us express this opinion, but then loathe other players and teams that exhibit the qualities we want in our own guys. Guys who will do whatever it takes to win, and don't take losing easily... we don't respect that in our foes... but are disgusted by our own guys lack of the same... sports are very complex these days!