Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

I think where you disagree is that Rogers even if he was disinterested was likely as productive as hogan giving 120% (ie his talent and our lack of a better option earned his spot for 2013) and you could've signed hogan in November (like we did in 2012) if Rogers found a way to spectacularly flame out.

That's a fair opinion. I just don't think "disinterested" deserves to make any NFL club, regardless of being 20% more productive than a #6 WR.

I don't think it's about who they kept, I think its about what Rodgers didn't do to earn his way onto the team.

We can all agree that Rodgers is far more talented than Hogan or Easley. What we are disagreeing on is if Rodgers earned his way on to the team or not.

Does anyone think that Hogan will have a better career than Rogers? That would be the only reason to keep one over the other.

Titus Young says hi.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills would have cut Dez Bryant and half of the fan base would be glad.

That's a big problem.

So now an undrafted free agent rookie is comparable to a first round Biletnikoff winning WR who is one of the top receivers in the league. Makes sense...

Like Groundhog Day, this is back. I could have sworn that K-9 provided good context on why Rogers was released and it made a lot of sense. From an organizational standpoint, I can easily see why Marrone would not want to put up with the antics of a talented but non-dedicated player. The coach needed o set the tone for the team, and he couldn't take the chance on carrying a malcontent who would undermine his coaching. Bills had a lot of young WRs in camp. What kind of message would it send when your 6th string WR gets special treatment? If he wasn't ready to buy into Marrone's system, then it was clear that they thought that he would be a bigger detriment to the roster than any potential that he could flash. And it's not like he's been blowing up the field.

The funniest part is Rogers did have those 5 catches or whatever, there won't be a thread about it. There are some here who seem to take pleasure in the Bills possibly making a mistake.

Personally, I can't stand lazy, entitled players. I don't have a thing against Rogers and hoped he would grow up here. But if got cut & never sniffed a NFL roster, I won't start a thread about it.

Couldn't have put it better!

It's kinda funny.

A fairly significant number of people here are crucifying Marcel Dareus for being "fat and lazy."

But we should have kept Rogers in spite of a bad work ethic?

I think the release of Rogers is a fair subject but it's also a lightning rod issue.

It's too bad that Joique Bell never had the same fan boys that Da"rick seems to enjoy. If Dareus was a lazy, non-dedicated UDFA, I'm sure his butt would be gone from Orchard Park a long time ago too. And yet, while he is a bit of an enigma, you can't argue about Dareus's on field performance compared to Da'Rick's

It's too bad that Joique Bell never had the same fan boys that Da"rick seems to enjoy. If Dareus was a lazy, non-dedicated UDFA, I'm sure his butt would be gone from Orchard Park a long time ago too. And yet, while he is a bit of an enigma, you can't argue about Dareus's on field performance compared to Da'Rick's

True.

In 3 seasons he has 18.5 sacks.

That's pretty damn good.

Maybe we should start a 32-page Joique Bell thread? What were the Bills thinking??

That's a fair opinion. I just don't think "disinterested" deserves to make any NFL club, regardless of being 20% more productive than a #6 WR.

I don't think it's about who they kept, I think its about what Rodgers didn't do to earn his way onto the team.

We can all agree that Rodgers is far more talented than Hogan or Easley. What we are disagreeing on is if Rodgers earned his way on to the team or not.

Titus Young says hi.

Titus Young had 81 catches for 990 yards and 10 TDs. CH had 10 catches for 83 yards and is an abortion on ST.

Titus was perhaps the biggest idiot in this generation of players but I would rather him than a scrub. I am sick of watching the playoffs without the Bills. Bottom line is that we cut a promising young WR talent in favor of a CFL player. Surprise, surprise we are 6-10 again.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Titus Young had 81 catches for 990 yards and 10 TDs. CH had 10 catches for 83 yards and is an abortion on ST.

Titus was perhaps the biggest idiot I this generation of players but I would rather him than a scrub. I am sick of watching the playoffs without the Bills. Bottom line is that we cut a promising young WR talent in favor of a CFL player. Surprise, surprise we are 6-10 again.

So, we go 10-6 with him? ROFL!!

What has he done since that catch Kirby? Had an impressive non-catch I guess?

Titus was perhaps the biggest idiot I this generation of players but I would rather him than a scrub. I am sick of watching the playoffs without the Bills. Bottom line is that we cut a promising young WR talent in favor of a CFL player. Surprise, surprise we are 6-10 again.

Trade any player with talent including Byrd and Stevie....Get 53 Try Hard, Nice Guy Chris Hogans and be happy!

It's kinda funny.

A fairly significant number of people here are crucifying Marcel Dareus for being "fat and lazy."

But we should have kept Rogers in spite of a bad work ethic?

I think the release of Rogers is a fair subject but it's also a lightning rod issue.

I think you can criticize a guy and still think you are a better team with them then without. Marcell is a good player and I'd love to see him be more. Da'rick is no doubt not without warts but I think we are a better 53 with him than hogan who I criticize for simply not being that good of a player.

Fair point but he was booted out of the SEC, no? Why? Was it because of a lack of commitment and dedication to his craft? Was it something else? Who knows?

Everyone knows...He smoked pot and got caught...Rogers admitted to three positive tests...

There were also a few other incidents...But basically nothing after he got booted from Tennessee...In general Rogers made a bunch of mistakes before he was 20 years old...

So did Randy Moss...

So... B-)

And I think at this point titus has shown not to be just a lazy jerk with a bad attitude but likely a guy that deserves to be institutionalized and medicated but happened to run fast and catch well. I wouldn't say that's apples to apples with da'ricks troubles.

I think you can criticize a guy and still think you are a better team with them then without. Marcell is a good player and I'd love to see him be more. Da'rick is no doubt not without warts but I think we are a better 53 with him than hogan who I criticize for simply not being that good of a player.

I was just pointing out that there are lots of Bills fans justifiably so pissed off at the team that they'll criticize one of our high performing players for being lazy and in the next breath, criticize the team for cutting a player who was lazy.

It's funny to me.

But I understand it.

Bottom line is that we cut a promising young WR talent in favor of a CFL player. Surprise, surprise we are 6-10 again.

Kirby, in your opinion, do you think keeping Rodgers would have propelled the Bills to a better record in 2013 than 6-10?

If so, how? What impact do see him having over the course of the year and how would he have improved the 6-10 mark you cite?

Edited by Thurmal34

With the lack of production from our WR's this year, and the possibility of not having Stevie on our roster next year (which not too many would cry about), I can't say I'm thriled that we cut Da'Rick. I wish we would've given him more time to develop and hopefully get it together. But instead we went the safe and easy route and ended up with a safe and easy 6-10.

Kirby, in your opinion, do you think keeping Rodgers would have propelled the Bills to a better record in 2013 than 6-10?

If so, how? What impact do see him having over the course of the year and how would he have improved the 6-10 mark you cite?

I don't think he would've given us a better record necessarily this year... But if he becomes a superstar (big IF), he most certainly would help our record going forward. As it stands, we still have a 6-10 WR corps.

Edited by Playoffs?