Texans Release Safety Ed Reed, Signed by the Jets

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. His play fell off a cliff this year

But his knowledge didn't. Ed is in the film room. With a bunch of young DB's. He will help them break down film. He will teach them from a players perspective. He will probably get in the game Sunday too. He'll not only teach the young DB's of the Jets, but he'll remind a draft bust rookie QB what its like once again to go against an excellent defense.

EXCELLENT signing for the Jets as they hunker down for their playoff run. They are a well coached good football team, make no mistake about it.

Edited by jaybee

I have a feeling reed is going to burn us on Sunday.

The dude was 2nd string in Houston. He's not burning anything (other than perhaps a joint, occasionally -- allegedly).

Reed is obviously a smart veteran at this point, so it's true he could bait a rookie like EJ into a mistake, but as far as how much Reed will help the Jets for the remainder of the season, I believe this is just Rex being Rex.

The dude was 2nd string in Houston. He's not burning anything (other than perhaps a joint, occasionally -- allegedly).

Reed is obviously a smart veteran at this point, so it's true he could bait a rookie like EJ into a mistake, but as far as how much Reed will help the Jets for the remainder of the season, I believe this is just Rex being Rex.

Yep - it is very low risk to bring him in if I am Rex, he is just an extra guy who might be able to help, in the film room at least. If he has any good plays left in him, I am sure they will ALL take place on Sunday. Because it is the Bills.