Jets @ Bills Week 11 - Talk about it here

YoloinOhio

i

Our defense is not that good. EJ will be able to throw on us. As soon as we got our DL in check our secondary became ****.

I am expecting a Jet W but would not be surprised to see y'all pull this one out.

You are very objective! Thanks for your posts. I can't get the Steelers game out of my head enough to think we will have a chance to win. I want to think that way, but just too depressed. You never know though. GO Bills!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the Jets road performances so far. With the exception of the MNF dome game, they are nightmarish on offense.

Geno is not coming to Buffalo and winning this game. Not happening.

Hmm. First off, any given Sunday. But Manuels favorite target is out. SJ13 is out or hobbling. Ryan versus Marrone. The Bills coming off a putrid performance in every aspect of the game. The Bills are effectively out of the playoffs while the Jets are very much in the hunt.

"Not happening" indeed.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Spread is Bills - 1.5 ... so half of the normal 3 point home field advantage.

CBS "experts" have it a clean sweep for the Jets, with and without the spread.

ESPN has it 7 - 2 Jets with 4 not having picked yet.

Who picked the Bills on ESPN? I am surprised anyone did. Berman? Edited by YoloInTheBlo

You are very objective! Thanks for your posts. I can't get the Steelers game out of my head enough to think we will have a chance to win. I want to think that way, but just too depressed. You never know though. GO Bills!

Thank you.

As of others have pointed out, aside from the MNF game in Atlanta we have been putrid on the road, including two blowout loses to Tennessee and Cincinnati.

Teams like the Jets and Bills - young teams led by rookie QBs - are often much better at home. There's no surprise to me that we're 4-1 at home and 1-3 on the road. Sunday is going to be a very good game and the fact that this time around your secondary has it's playmaker (Byrd) can only help your cause.

It will likely come down to how well we're able to run it and if our secondary is able to lock up Graham and Goodwin at the LOS, because if they get a clean break they'll be running with the DB's 3 yards behind every time. When you think of our secondary, especially with a nicked up Cro (hip), you don't exactly thing speed. We haven't been able to cover a TE, let alone a slot WR, in years.

Thank you.

As of others have pointed out, aside from the MNF game in Atlanta we have been putrid on the road, including two blowout loses to Tennessee and Cincinnati.

Teams like the Jets and Bills - young teams led by rookie QBs - are often much better at home. There's no surprise to me that we're 4-1 at home and 1-3 on the road. Sunday is going to be a very good game and the fact that this time around your secondary has it's playmaker (Byrd) can only help your cause.

It will likely come down to how well we're able to run it and if our secondary is able to lock up Graham and Goodwin at the LOS, because if they get a clean break they'll be running with the DB's 3 yards behind every time. When you think of our secondary, especially with a nicked up Cro (hip), you don't exactly thing speed. We haven't been able to cover a TE, let alone a slot WR, in years.

jets have a great run D, so I think it will come down to EJ--can he make a couple key long throws?

jets have a great run D, so I think it will come down to EJ--can he make a couple key long throws?

Yes we do.

My concern is how well we will be able to run on you. It was so-so in the first meeting and really we took advantage of your banged up secondary, which is now healthy. Without that who knows how the game goes. I know Holmes won't be guarded by some fifth string CB this time around and he's not 100%. He hasn't played since September.

Can anyone tell me about your WR's after Graham and Goodwin. I know those two are speedsters. What about the rest? If Stevie can't go they'll have to play a big role I would think. What are their strengths?

Yes we do.

My concern is how well we will be able to run on you. It was so-so in the first meeting and really we took advantage of your banged up secondary, which is now healthy. Without that who knows how the game goes. I know Holmes won't be guarded by some fifth string CB this time around and he's not 100%. He hasn't played since September.

Can anyone tell me about your WR's after Graham and Goodwin. I know those two are speedsters. What about the rest? If Stevie can't go they'll have to play a big role I would think. What are their strengths?

If you find out, let us know? Ha - j/k. They haven't played much because we were healthy at WR until now. Easley is a tall, fast WR who has primarily played ST (he is a monster). We'll see what he can do at WR, many are rooting for him. He has the size we really need at that position. Hogan is a nice player (nickname is 7-11 because he is always open) who did well in camp but hasn't done much in reg season. Hoping for the best with both, EJ is going to need them to make some tough catches if we want to have a chance to win. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Look at the Jets road performances so far. With the exception of the MNF dome game, they are nightmarish on offense.

Geno is not coming to Buffalo and winning this game. Not happening.

Geno won't have to. We'll get pounded on the ground by the Jets OL (even their no-name RB's will gash us) , then our CB's will get torched by Hill/ Holmes. Geno will only have to complete about 15-18 passes.

The Bills supposedly have a great running game and superior RB's. Are you ceding that "advantage" to the Jets just because they have a good run D? Isn't part of being a good running team being able to run against the better run D"s? Can we only run effectively against bad teams? This game will come down to the run. If we cannot run, we have NO chance to pass. It will be 3rd and longs all day with no top WR's to move the chains. The Bills don't have the passing game to break down the Jets blitzes/CB's. No big WR's that get separation, inexperienced QB. The Jets are a good example of how being strong in other areas can mask a rookie QB. The Bills are not there yet.

If you find out, let us know? Ha - j/k. They haven't played much because we were healthy at WR until now. Easley is a tall, fast WR who has primarily played ST (he is a monster). We'll see what he can do at WR, many are rooting for him. He has the size we really need at that position. Hogan is a nice player (nickname is 7-11 because he is always open) who did well in camp but hasn't done much in reg season. Hoping for the best with both, EJ is going to need them to make some tough catches if we want to have a chance to win.

Ha ha. We already know what Easley can do at WR. That's why he's on ST

I have little faith in this Bills team but I don't know what you guys are looking at if you think the Jets are significantly better. They're not. This will be an ugly, fairly low scoring game. If the Bills D can stop the run they have a decent shot at winning. If they get run over like they did last week then it's likely the game.

This game will be decided late and will be somewhere in the 13-10, 17-14 range without the aid of D or ST scores. Neither of these offenses should be able to do much.

This is a game where the receivers are going to have to step up. It's also a test for Hackett. He's going to have to get spiller in the game more. Hopefully with a healthier O-line then the last time these two teams played, the run game will be better and EJ won't be sacked 8 times.