If the last 6 games are a continuation of The EJ Experiment...

alias

Will the rest of the team hang in there like lab rats in the ongoing experiment to ascertain whether the rookie QB does indeed suck.

I fear that the lab rats have already made their evaluation. And I wonder what will happen to the real progress toward a winning culture if the remainder of the season is "all about EJ."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the rest of the team hang in there like lab rats in the ongoing experiment to ascertain whether the rookie QB does indeed suck.

I fear that the lab rats have already made their evaluation. And I wonder what will happen to the real progress toward a winning culture if the remainder of the season is "all about EJ."

Once the stink of losing encircles a coaching staff it is a real uphill battle to convince players that the coaches are worthy of their effort.

If any organization should know this, it is the Bills. The sample size they have on the matter is enormous.

He missed a chunk of pre-season and a chunk of regular-season to get anything going that anyone can fairly judge/analyze.

The Bills just have to wait until next year.

So you're saying that next year we get to watch the EJ Experiment all over again? Gee, I can hardly wait.

The other main problem I have (and hate) is we will have to listen to all the experts say how Geno was a steal in Round 2 and how we reached for EJ in Round 1. I know, I know...who gives a **** what people think...but I wanted our QB to be the star, not the Jets' qb.

There are numerous chapters left to be played out. Nobody with half a clue is gonna pronounce anyone better than anyone else based on a 6 game sample size.

GO BILLS!!!

So you're saying that next year we get to watch the EJ Experiment all over again? Gee, I can hardly wait.

What other choice is there?

The 2013 Buffalo Bills playoffs is not going to happen. Players already know this so they're not going to play hard.

Just TANK the rest of the season for a good draft pick and start again in 2014.

If EJ Manuel is injury-prone, and I think he is, then this organization ain't going nowhere for a long time.

But, but, he's their guy.

Maybe this coaching staff and Marrone don't know what they're doing either.

Already in year 1 of a rebuild it's looking more and more every week like we've been sold another bill of goods.

The interesting thing is that this info was out there before he was drafted. Didn't the team see it, or did they ignore it thinking that they were brighter than everyone else.

What other choice is there?

The 2013 Buffalo Bills playoffs is not going to happen. Players already know this so they're not going to play hard.

Just TANK the rest of the season for a good draft pick and start again in 2014.

If EJ Manuel is injury-prone, and I think he is, then this organization ain't going nowhere for a long time.

Draft.

E.J. isn;t the guy. That I can see. You can't go into anther season with rookies and all nobodys.

I was disappointed after watching Marrone's post game presser tonight.

Like last week, I thought he would be angry again. I thought for sure that

he would be flailing his arms and making comments about being madder

than a dog shiting tacks. What he was doing, was gushing about Manuel

instead. Really surprised with Marrone's demeanor in regards to Manuel's

performance tonight.

performance tonight.

Me too, Lou. I could hardly believe that was Marrone.

That reeks of Marrone trying to keep him confident. Anyone watching could see EJ was less than mediocre.

I'd say he realizes they got out coached again and hung EJ out to dry with a suspect game plan vs another 3-4 zone blitz team for his return. Probably took a hit to his confidence. Shoulda realized this and kept EJ out until ATL. Don't kill the guy mentally if you don't know how to beat the zone blitz. Should probably have skipped the PIT and Jets games

performance tonight.

He came to grips with the idea that they aren't going to the playoffs after LAST week. I think the whole team did. Now the fans have caught up.

He came to grips with the idea that they aren't going to the playoffs after LAST week. I think the whole team did. Now the fans have caught up.

I came to grips with no playoffs after 3 quarters @ CLE. I feel no different now. EJ seems to have regressed after the missed time. I'm not surprised. It was totally realistic. Playoff talk probably never was either, but definitely not after EJM got injured.

I came to grips with no playoffs after 3 quarters @ CLE. I feel no different now. EJ seems to have regressed after the missed time. I'm not surprised. It was totally realistic. Playoff talk probably never was either, but definitely not after EJM got injured.

I'm sure YOU did (I know I did after the Saints game, at the latest), but now the coach and the team have. Big difference, cuz you (and I) are just guys posting on a message board.

But I suppose you intended to bring me back to reality, huh?

Edited by Marauder'sMicro