Fan confidence takes a hit

KikO M G

This is probably the most favorable matchup of the season so far for the Bills, yet I have seen less bravado on this board this week. I think the losing is taking a toll. Understandable. This could very easily turn into yet another 5 or 6 win team. But I still have faith they will finish strong and expect a convincing win tomorrow. If they don't, add me to the list of fans who have lost faith in this year's team.

So while you are disappointed that others aren't as enthusiastic about the Steelers game as they should be, you'll give up on them for the year if they lose?

I have faith in our Lord. May he bless the Buffalo Bills regardless of their inequities.

iniquities?

I have a wait and see approach. The revolving door at QB tends to be a little disconcerting. Even if EJ plays, I have concerns that he will be rusty (probably), or he will get hurt again (is that an unfair concern?).

fair

I understand what you are saying. Decades of being a Bills fan is ringing warning bells for me this week. Though my head can see just where we are at......the pavlov's dog response to this sort of game has me irrationally fearful that what I have seen so far this season is a mirage and the Bills will crash back down and crush the life out of me this week.

basically

Ha! My mother used to call my messy room a "den of iniquity". So I got a chuckle out of your post.

Although, I just looked up the meaning and Mom was being a bit dramatic in her assessment of my room...

hopefully it was just messy and not a real den on iniquity B-)

I'm a Jet fan and I believe you'll win this game. Big.

So, there's that.

The only match-up Pittsburgh has on you is your secondary vs. Ben escaping pressure. Believe me, that's how they beat (and shocked) us. Keep the deep ball under control and you'll walk out winners.

And I hope you do. I have no animoisity towards Buffalo. Best of luck.

This is probably the most favorable matchup of the season so far for the Bills, yet I have seen less bravado on this board this week. I think the losing is taking a toll. Understandable. This could very easily turn into yet another 5 or 6 win team. But I still have faith they will finish strong and expect a convincing win tomorrow. If they don't, add me to the list of fans who have lost faith in this year's team.

Winter is coming.

I hardly doubt that a lot of people are not posting because of the record.

in many areas hunting season has started and its time to winterize the yard.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This season shouldn't have been about winning. Better to go 2-14 but have Manuel develop than to go 10-6 on the merits of some lucky wins over beat up teams, ala 2004, and have a solid QB for the future.

I wasn't big on drafting Manuel and I would have waited until this year's crop of QBs and not spent that pick in round one, but as usual, the "experts" on this team knew better, had to have Manuel who "was their guy," so now we, but more importantly they, are stuck with him for better or worse. They're either going to ride Manuel into the sunset for a number of years or we'll be looking at yet another coaching staff beginning in '16.

Right now I'm not seeing it though. Until Manuel can string more than 20 minutes of accurately throwing a football together, the concerns and issues of this team stretch a little bit beyond what the record is.

Jackson's obviously slowing down and I expect both lesser performance as well as further injuries this season for him, and we're lucky to be getting what we are from a 32-year-old RB.

Spiller's clearly not a 3-down ball carrier, and Mr. "can take the ball to the house every time he touches it" has 1 TD on 118 touches this season, and he hasn't been injured the entire year. He's being outplayed by a 32 yo RB.

Defensively, and despite Alonso playing well as a rookie, the team is ranked 24th in points allowed, 20th in yards allowed, and despite being tied for 3rd in sacks generated, is ranked 31st in passing TDs allowed.

The things that should be happening to propel this team forward next year are not happening. Meanwhile, a much better QB we'll probably pass on in this draft because the current class of "experts" "had to have" Manuel.

The success and tenure of the Marrone era is now directly tied to Manuel. Put yourself in his shoes, would you be comfortable with that given what we've seen?

Again, until Manuel can throw accurately more often than he does inaccurately, I wouldn't wager a dime on his further development to the extent that it will be what they claim it would be and what it needs to be.

The last thing anyone should care about is the record and whether or not we can win 7 or 8 games or whatever. Trade all that to see Manuel start playing like an above average NFL QB, otherwise next season will be a repeat of this one.

On top of all that, Manuel's one injury away from making next year the first year of a rebuild instead of this year.

Let's see if Manuel can hit the broad side of a barn for 4 Qs today before we continue talking about wins.

Winter is coming.

I hardly doubt that a lot of people are not posting because of the record.

in many areas hunting season has started and its time to winterize the yard.

If it is true that people aren't posting, we have to imagine that it's simply because we've been through this exercise every season for years.

High hopes based on talk don't materialize on the field, excuses are made (by many, not just the team), fans and media revert to what a player did for one season in a handful and hope that lightning strikes twice, fundamentals are ignored in favor of cherry-picked data and stats to delude those that want to be deluded into thinking that something's actually changed, no one talks about how the reasons for the last coach hired now don't seem as solid as when he was hired and before games were played, fans and media continue to hope that all elements, for some inexplicable reason much less any real hope that's based on logic, will somehow come together for no reason otherwise, all fhis of course prior to what few hopes remain become dashed as the realities start to set in.

Again, all eyes should be on Manuel's development. If he turns out to be a justifiable draft pick by a head coach and offensive coordinator that just had to have him, then all will be well and the rest of the team will come together at least decently next season and in '15.

If not however, and that's the forecast given how Manuel's played so far with his inaccuracy issues, then the rest is moot and this merely becomes another installment of wash/rinse/repeat.

Until Manuel can start playing 4 quarters of football with accuracy, this team is going the same place that it's gone to when Polian hasn't been the GM, namely nowhere.

Hey, I'm on the "they can run the table" bandwagon. This team is ready to make the turn.

I would LOVE that. But since we are Bills fans how bout two straight? I just want consistency. We play like we did against KC in Pitts we will get the W. They have to put teams away to "make the turn". Hopefully they have had enough moral victories and being also rans.

LV

Edited by LVBillsBackr

This season shouldn't have been about winning. Better to go 2-14 but have Manuel develop than to go 10-6 on the merits of some lucky wins over beat up teams, ala 2004, and have a solid QB for the future.

I wasn't big on drafting Manuel and I would have waited until this year's crop of QBs and not spent that pick in round one, but as usual, the "experts" on this team knew better, had to have Manuel who "was their guy," so now we, but more importantly they, are stuck with him for better or worse. They're either going to ride Manuel into the sunset for a number of years or we'll be looking at yet another coaching staff beginning in '16.

Right now I'm not seeing it though. Until Manuel can string more than 20 minutes of accurately throwing a football together, the concerns and issues of this team stretch a little bit beyond what the record is.

Jackson's obviously slowing down and I expect both lesser performance as well as further injuries this season for him, and we're lucky to be getting what we are from a 32-year-old RB.

Spiller's clearly not a 3-down ball carrier, and Mr. "can take the ball to the house every time he touches it" has 1 TD on 118 touches this season, and he hasn't been injured the entire year. He's being outplayed by a 32 yo RB.

Defensively, and despite Alonso playing well as a rookie, the team is ranked 24th in points allowed, 20th in yards allowed, and despite being tied for 3rd in sacks generated, is ranked 31st in passing TDs allowed.

The things that should be happening to propel this team forward next year are not happening. Meanwhile, a much better QB we'll probably pass on in this draft because the current class of "experts" "had to have" Manuel.

The success and tenure of the Marrone era is now directly tied to Manuel. Put yourself in his shoes, would you be comfortable with that given what we've seen?

Again, until Manuel can throw accurately more often than he does inaccurately, I wouldn't wager a dime on his further development to the extent that it will be what they claim it would be and what it needs to be.

The last thing anyone should care about is the record and whether or not we can win 7 or 8 games or whatever. Trade all that to see Manuel start playing like an above average NFL QB, otherwise next season will be a repeat of this one.

On top of all that, Manuel's one injury away from making next year the first year of a rebuild instead of this year.

Let's see if Manuel can hit the broad side of a barn for 4 Qs today before we continue talking about wins.

If it is true that people aren't posting, we have to imagine that it's simply because we've been through this exercise every season for years.

High hopes based on talk don't materialize on the field, excuses are made (by many, not just the team), fans and media revert to what a player did for one season in a handful and hope that lightning strikes twice, fundamentals are ignored in favor of cherry-picked data and stats to delude those that want to be deluded into thinking that something's actually changed, no one talks about how the reasons for the last coach hired now don't seem as solid as when he was hired and before games were played, fans and media continue to hope that all elements, for some inexplicable reason much less any real hope that's based on logic, will somehow come together for no reason otherwise, all fhis of course prior to what few hopes remain become dashed as the realities start to set in.

Again, all eyes should be on Manuel's development. If he turns out to be a justifiable draft pick by a head coach and offensive coordinator that just had to have him, then all will be well and the rest of the team will come together at least decently next season and in '15.

If not however, and that's the forecast given how Manuel's played so far with his inaccuracy issues, then the rest is moot and this merely becomes another installment of wash/rinse/repeat.

Until Manuel can start playing 4 quarters of football with accuracy, this team is going the same place that it's gone to when Polian hasn't been the GM, namely nowhere.

very right on

See?