I absolutely LOVE Doug Marrone

Who hired Pettine?

Brandon and Whaley.

I just see the value in a coach like Pettine who is a defensive genius and meanwhile I'm not sure what Marrone brings to the table besides a good attitude. If we lost Pettine to another team I feel like it would be catastrophic. If we lost Marrone would anyone notice?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go on record and admit my liking of Marrone. I feel no matter who the Bills play, he will have the team in the game. I did not dislike Chan, but the same statement could not be said for him. I think 8 - 8 is staring us straight in the face, but 9 - 7, and even 10 - 6 is not out of the question.

Brandon and Whaley.

I just see the value in a coach like Pettine who is a defensive genius and meanwhile I'm not sure what Marrone brings to the table besides a good attitude. If we lost Pettine to another team I feel like it would be catastrophic. If we lost Marrone would anyone notice?

Sorry to say, a post like this lowers tremendously the odds I will bother to read anything else you write. Ridiculous doesn't describe it.

Brandon and Whaley.

Oh My Good God!

Sorry to say, a post like this lowers tremendously the odds I will bother to read anything else you write. Ridiculous doesn't describe it.

+1,000,000,000,000

In his defense for the KC game, I believe the 3 and goal call was perfect and a lucky, lucky fall by KC defender turned that play into a disaster.

You might think that the call was "perfect" but it cost the Bills the game. In that situation, ahead by 7 and with a rookie UFA QB, the Bills needed to be conservative, run the ball 3 times and kick the FG to go up 13-3. If Brady is the QB, yes, you might try that play but not with Tuel. The KC defender only got "lucky" because it was a bad call.

You might think that the call was "perfect" but it cost the Bills the game. In that situation, ahead by 7 and with a rookie UFA QB, the Bills needed to be conservative, run the ball 3 times and kick the FG to go up 13-3. If Brady is the QB, yes, you might try that play but not with Tuel. The KC defender only got "lucky" because it was a bad call.

Once again we see all threads this week either come back to "The Play" or to Tuel in general, no matter what the original topic was. How I wish that play never happened.

And if TJ graham cold hold onto the ball we are in FG range in the 4th quarter down by 3 with Jeff freaking Tuel.

Marrone is a good coach and the next 7 weeks, with you know, a QB, will reflect that

Lol oh ok because Marrone does so much. We saw the saints lost Sean Payton and their season tanked. That's because Payton is an offensive genius and calls all of the plays in addition to being the glue that holds it all together. There's value in that. Marrone doesn't have any of those skills but apparently we just have to take your word for it that we owe him our first born for the job he's doing this year when the truth is none of us know. Or you can look at the facts and see that Pettine has brought an aggressiveness to the Bills that we haven't had in many years and Hackett although highly questionable on some of his play calls brings a new-age uptempo offense. And Marrone does...?? But hey he has a good attitude and sounds good in interviews.

I'm not saying I'm not happy with Marrone. I like the whole coaching staff. I just don't know how much credit Marrone personally deserves. My favorite coach is Pettine and I think he deserves a lot of the credit. Maybe more so than Marrone but it's difficult to quantify

Marrone on WGR, talking about Graham and Goodwin, and how the QBs have been underthrowing them:

"When we throw it deep and they have to go run and get it, those two cats can go get it, and score."

It's an enjoyable listen.

Lol oh ok because Marrone does so much. We saw the saints lost Sean Payton and their season tanked. That's because Payton is an offensive genius and calls all of the plays in addition to being the glue that holds it all together. There's value in that. Marrone doesn't have any of those skills but apparently we just have to take your word for it that we owe him our first born for the job he's doing this year when the truth is none of us know. Or you can look at the facts and see that Pettine has brought an aggressiveness to the Bills that we haven't had in many years and Hackett although highly questionable on some of his play calls brings a new-age uptempo offense. And Marrone does...?? But hey he has a good attitude and sounds good in interviews.

I'm not saying I'm not happy with Marrone. I like the whole coaching staff. I just don't know how much credit Marrone personally deserves. My favorite coach is Pettine and I think he deserves a lot of the credit. Maybe more so than Marrone but it's difficult to quantify

Link?

Also the HC doesn't have to call the plays to be a good coach. Marrone came in and said he was going to be like a CEO. make sure the TEAM is moving as one. There is value in that. More than one way to be a good coach.

Gailey called a good game sometimes right? But he failed because he was an OC trying to be a HC and the team as a whole failed. Not everyone can do both and some people are better motivators than coordinators

What you're saying is that a team with two great coordinators doesn't need a HC. Do you really believe that?

Link?

Also the HC doesn't have to call the plays to be a good coach. Marrone came in and said he was going to be like a CEO. make sure the TEAM is moving as one. There is value in that. More than one way to be a good coach.

Gailey called a good game sometimes right? But he failed because he was an OC trying to be a HC and the team as a whole failed. Not everyone can do both and some people are better motivators than coordinators

Please tell me what changes if for some reason Marrone takes the rest of the season off. Pettine still has the D and maybe takes over as HC and Hackett calling the offense. I fail to see what we are missing out on that Marrone does that is so amazing.

It's like when I do something good at work. Instead of getting praise my boss gets the praise. She didn't do anything. If she wasn't here would I still have done well on this task?

I'm not saying I don't see the need for head coaches I'm just questioning specifically what it is Marrone has done to get such high praise

Please tell me what changes if for some reason Marrone takes the rest of the season off. Pettine still has the D and maybe takes over as HC and Hackett calling the offense. I fail to see what we are missing out on that Marrone does that is so amazing.

It's like when I do something good at work. Instead of getting praise my boss gets the praise. She didn't do anything. If she wasn't here would I still have done well on this task?

I'm not saying I don't see the need for head coaches I'm just questioning specifically what it is Marrone has done to get such high praise

Marrones in-game management hasn't been any better than Mularkey, Jauron, Williams, and Gailey.

What you're saying is that a team with two great coordinators doesn't need a HC. Do you really believe that?

No I'm asking what Marrone has done to get all of this praise. Insert Pettine as HC/DC and I don't think anything changes. It's going to be a sad day when Pettine leaves to take another head coaching job

He changed the mentality of the team. While I'm not on the team, I feel fairly confident in saying that because I've watched every play of every game for the past 13-15 years. Things are different.