Home vs visiting side? Can they be switched at The Ralph?

plenzmd1

I mentioned that earlier and think that is the reason.

Russ this morning on the radio said there is no rule about having to be on the press box side.

I was kind of annoyed with the way Howard brought it up. He laid it out as almost a joke to be asking (those silly fans) and never addressed the fact that forget the fans, the team is standing in the cold while the visiting team is more comfortable.

fwiw, once the game has started, the temperature is virtually irrelevant to players; unless it's 30 below or 105 you don't even really notice it.

unless you're someone who doesnt run around a lot...like a field goal kicker. Not to mention you'd want to play into the perception of unpleasantness as much as possible. I'm quite sure that if the press box was on the other side we'd hear half as much crap about it being cold.

fwiw, once the game has started, the temperature is virtually irrelevant to players; unless it's 30 below or 105 you don't even really notice it.

Not true. After a few minutes on a shaded sideline on a cold day, a player would feel less prepared to re-enter the game.