OT: Greatest Live Album

Nirvjam

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Different Stages is awesome indeed.  I have a copy of that complete show that you attended. PM me if you'd like a copy. You can read about it here:

http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/datab...ecordingID=1196

Since you were there you may remember the startling feedback during "Driven" that prompts the "Shake it off Alex" that you hear from a fan on the Different Stages version.  This version comes with feedback and all, one of the best boots from the Test for Echo tour.

209775[/snapback]

I'm still working on downloading the 3 camera shoot of the first Radio City Music Hall shows from the R30 tour! (on BitTorrent) :D

I'm still working on downloading the 3 camera shoot of the first Radio City Music Hall shows from the R30 tour!  (on BitTorrent) :D

210184[/snapback]

I'm on that torrent as well. From what I have read this looks like a professional release. Can't wait!

I have DVD's of the first few shows of the R30 tour that are just so-so.

I'm on that torrent as well.  From what I have read this looks like a professional release.  Can't wait!

I have DVD's of the first few shows of the R30 tour that are just so-so.

210213[/snapback]

On my site, one of the guys who shot the video put up the torrent. He was the middle camera. Highly polished and professional release.

Rush is going to be releasing an official DVD of the R30 tour, shot in Germany.

Genesis LIVE-- early Genesis

Seconds Out-- Genesis with Bill Bruford on drums, before Hackett left

Playing the Fool Gentle Giant  BTW best concert I ever saw in Kleinhans.

209604[/snapback]

I loved Sellling England By the Pound ( not live, I know! )

Was that a requirement? Great party album (ok... in the early seventies).

210461[/snapback]

A few years before my"partying time" but I definetly remmeber it, especially since I am in Mass!

I suppose that melody is not a "must" but I can't think of any "attribute" of that particular band which I liked! But then again...different strokes for different folks! Did you break out the Wild Irish Rose for those parties???

Give me T Rex anyday!

Giles was a terrific live band. (Ain't nothin but a house party!)

Alot of good albums already posted here. I would just add these to the list.

Lynyrd Skynyrd -- One More from the Road

Lou Reed -- Rock n' Roll Animal

Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen -- Live on the King Biscuit Flour Hour 3/14/76

Uncle Tupelo -- The Long Cut + Five Live

The Blasters-- Live: Going Home

A few years before my"partying time" but I definetly remmeber it, especially since I am in Mass!

I suppose that melody is not a "must" but I can't think of any "attribute" of that particular band which I liked!  But then again...different strokes for different folks! Did you break out the Wild Irish Rose for those parties???

Give me T Rex anyday!

210464[/snapback]

I think every alcoholic beverage known to man was at these parties (senior year of high school). Melody or not... Whammer Jammer is an all time great party song. Now if I could just remember anything else from these parties...

where is everyones favorite place for bit torrents? other than newsgroups that is. mine used to be sharingthegroove.org

I'm still working on downloading the 3 camera shoot of the first Radio City Music Hall shows from the R30 tour!  (on BitTorrent) :D

210184[/snapback]

There are some great ones posted, but you youngsters missed a classic... J. Geils Band... Full House

210395[/snapback]

Good one - but the one that I listened to a lot more was Blow Your Face Out. Great stuff.