We Can Survive With Matt Flynn

Bryce Paup

And he's proven that he's capable, how? In which of his two career starts in meaningless games did he sell himself to you? Was it the one in 2010 where he led the Packers to a loss against New England? Or the meaningless final week game of 2011, when the Packers had already clinched homefield advantage?

I guess I'm missing something (along with Seattle and Oakland). I don't see anything good happening with a Matt Flynn start, especially against the pass rush of KC. I guess the positive s that I doubt the Bills could win this game with healthy QB so this is just a throw away.

I know I sound insane but he can't do any worst with the guys we have now..

I agree with that, but not sure how you equate that to 'we can survive', unless you mean literally that no one will die as a result of Flynn playing QB. As for winning games, I'm not too hopeful.

#10 pick, here we come again.

I do agree we can survive with Flynn but that's not really a reflection on him. At this point, there's nothing to indicate he is a better QB than Lewis except he has a bigger name. But the talent level on this team is so improved that if the Bills don't have flat out terrible QB play, they can hang in almost any game.

if Lewis starts this week, we might have a 40% chance of winning the game. anyone else, and our chances go down significantly.

i know people want to bag on KC. but they have a stout defense, an offense that doesn't make mistakes, and a seasoned coaching staff. they are undefeated for a reason.

ask yourself this, if we played their schedule, would we be undefeated?

if Lewis starts this week, we might have a 40% chance of winning the game. anyone else, and our chances go down significantly.

i know people want to bag on KC. but they have a stout defense, an offense that doesn't make mistakes, and a seasoned coaching staff. they are undefeated for a reason.

ask yourself this, if we played their schedule, would we be undefeated?

I don't see too many people bagging on KC. They are a good team. I just think people feel like they are a very beatable one.

And it depends how healthy the Bills are. KC is really healthy and has had their starting QB all year with their entire secondary playing. But if the Bills had played 3 NFC East teams (the worst division in football), the Jags, and both Cleveland (3rd string QB) and the Texans' backup, they might not be undefeated. But they would definitely be above .500.

Lewis or Tuell. They are part of the future of the team and at least know the playbook. Flynn isn't in the cards long term and doesn't really provide much in the short term. He's not a quick study given his inability to stay long with the most recent teams he has played for and his good playing experience with green bay was after he had considerable experience with the team as a backup.

With decent arm strength and accuracy combined with getting the ball out of his hands quickly I think he'll be able to manage the game for us and convert 3rd downs something that is desperately needed

Like your opinion but not sure I can agree with it. I'd rather a beat up Lewis play than a healthy Flynn. Getting rid of the ball quickly means short pass routes. KCs D will be all over us.

Neither EJ nor Thad was lighting it up out there. They made some throws, missed a few more and showed guts that everyone loved. That being said I want to see Tuel out there if Lewis can't go. Marrone likes him and with a week of practice and a game plan that suits his talent level it will be a much better indicator of his ability. The Browns game was ridiculous....but it was a snapshot in a very difficult situation. At home with the team pumped up to knock off an undefeated team....I would like to see Tuel if Lewis can't go.