David Nelson makes it rain on Pacman Jones

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you might need to reavaluate you're priorities in life if you think it was inappropriate to celebrate an unlikely moment with loved ones, during a game some of us may have an unhealthy emotional attachment to.

Again, if you feel the need to hurl personal insults at me for having an opinion, the ball is in your court for self evaluation

I didn't use a single insult. I just stated my own opinion. That and I prefer to judge players based on play. Not his the availability to give his girlfriend a game ball. Guess what, the only difference between what is accepted, and this, was his girlfriend was working, insted if buy an endzone ticket.

Unhealthy emotional attachment. I'm guilty of it too dude

Edited by JaxBills

Again, if you feel the need to hurl personal insults at me for having an opinion, the ball is in your court for self evaluation

No offense but if you think that was a post with personal insults, you should probably avoid message boards and the comment sections on news stories.

I didn't use a single insult. I just stated my own opinion. That and I prefer to judge players based on play. Not his the availability to give his girlfriend a game ball. Guess what, the only difference between what is accepted, and this, was his girlfriend was working, insted if buy an endzone ticket.

You don't even know me and you're presuming to tell me to reevaluate my priorities in life. Is that a compliment? Either way no hard feelings. :beer: Im not mad. Like I said you're entitled to your opinion. If I was Nelson I wouldn't have done that. That's all. But I'm not him so doesn't matter. I just want to see our team turn it around this season. Go Bills! I'm done talking about this. for the last time :doh:

You don't even know me and you're presuming to tell me to reevaluate my priorities in life. Is that a compliment? Either way no hard feelings. :beer: Im not mad. Like I said you're entitled to your opinion. If I was Nelson I wouldn't have done that. That's all. But I'm not him so doesn't matter. I just want to see our team turn it around this season. Go Bills! I'm done talking about this. for the last time :doh:

I wasn't worried if you're mad. Just thought you're opinion was a little vacuum packed.

:nana:

Hey-Guys-Itis-an-Internet-Fight.jpg

I loved Nelson when he was here but let's get real. He was a borderline NFL wr who suffered a major injury. The fact that he is playing for the Jets says more about their terrible wrs than anything. Nelson was basically Chandler. I'd far rathertake the upside of Woods, Goodwin, and Graham over Nelson.

He is a terrible person and I wish him the best. But I'm not shedding any tears over Nelson. And Pacman as always is a straight up POS.

The Bills have had a lot of "borderline NFL wr's" and Nelson isn't one of them.

Chris Hogan is an example of a borderline NFL receiver. No production.

Nelson's stats were actually like those of a #2 WR. I am not saying he is a very good #2 receiver.....but he is a good, young receiver who is tough, smart and productive. I am not saying you cut TJ Graham or not draft Woods/Goodwin but rather what you do is let them compete with Nelson.

Nelson is a guy who can help you win. He is the guy who runs the right route at the end of the NE game and catches the TD to win it........not the guy who runs the wrong route, which leads to the game losing interception.

I used to laugh at the NE roster in the late 1990's with guys like Tedy Bruschi, guys who were just good enough to stay on the field but not impressive specimens. Then those guys got good coaching and a quarterback and their value increased dramatically.

Nelson was a good fit for this team, whether Buddy/Whaley/Marrone knew it at the time. I would gladly trade Chris Hogan and a half mill of cap space for David Nelson.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

That this thread has traction boggles my mind. I'd take Nelson over Goodwin, Graham and anyone after Woods and SJ13. The guy was able to play. The biggest reason we are hearing about him is that he is playing for the Jets. If it was anywhere else we would not hear a thing. The NY rags like to put out these feel good stories on anything. See Maybin a few years back. Nelson is going to be in the league 8 more years.

We worship Hogan here but bash Nelson. What has Hogan done? It was a mistake not tendering Nelson. Perhaps the biggest mistake of the off season and I've said it since day 1.

Woah now. Nelson is just alright .

I'm never a fan of cutting guys before they get beat out by somebody else. Nelson was decent, not great, but no one beat him out. He was just cut hoping that someone would play better.

Sadly, I am using to Jauronian logic on this board.

We all should be.

In retrospect, some of the worst decision making in the history of a downtrodden franchise was during the Jauron years, but it is still important to remember that there were a lot of people who defended that regime...........so it should come as no surprise when there are people here who don't understand the idea of having competition and depth on a football team.

I especially love the "he does the same thing that Chandler does so we don't need him" concept. Because Chandler is not really valuable to the passing game and he is so durable that it wouldn't be a good idea to have an inexpensive player who can do similar unimportant things? Priceless. Seriously.