The next four games = the season

The Big Cat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't for a minute believe they'll do it, but the Bills are capable of winning all four. They've generally been competitive, several of the walking wounded are returning, the win against Miami has to give them a morale boost, and Lewis will have more experience as a starter. And what if they did win all four? Would you then sit Lewis and put EJ back in the starting slot? That would take some very big brass ones for Marrone to do that. But if he didn't, what would that be saying about the team's commitment to the supposed "franchise QB of the future?"

I thought losing only helped when we lost to a bad team. :unsure:

A few years back when we played the NFC West they were all bad teams so that is probably where you got confused. It really doesn't matter if you lost to a good or bad team until you get about 5 levels into the tiebreakers. A loss to an NFC team helps at level 2.

I don't for a minute believe they'll do it, but the Bills are capable of winning all four. They've generally been competitive, several of the walking wounded are returning, the win against Miami has to give them a morale boost, and Lewis will have more experience as a starter. And what if they did win all four? Would you then sit Lewis and put EJ back in the starting slot? That would take some very big brass ones for Marrone to do that. But if he didn't, what would that be saying about the team's commitment to the supposed "franchise QB of the future?"

In that unlikely situation, the decision would be to continue starting TL. It would say next to nothing about the team's commitment to Manuel, just that a potential playoff berth would take precedence over the future franchise QB's development. You'd have to go with the momentum as EJM is not a veteran QB and will likely regress a bit from the time off. The decision in a sense is not Marrone's, the team will decide it on the field while TL is at the helm. The record will dictate if he continues or gives way to Manuel. I'd bank on the latter, but stranger things have happened in pro sports. Tom Brady could get knocked out for the year vs MIA. That'd change things a bit too, wouldn't it? If the Bills are firmly in the playoff mix, TL probably starts.

And if they win against the Saints and Chiefs? That happens, the Bills never look back.

Think about it. Winning against the 5-1 Saints on the road, and then the undefeated Chiefs at home would mean that Buffalo's team finally found some consistency. It would mean that the issues they have been dealing with have been overcome. They have been in every single game this year. It should not come as a surprise if this young team finally figures some things out and starts playing well in all phases of the game.

I would not be surprised if this is exactly what they are banking on. I'm just imagining Fred Jackson telling the team to go down to New Orleans and fight like rabid dogs. How can you not be inspired by this guy? There is a long way to go, but the way to approach this thing from a player's point of view, is focus on the next opponent and find a way to beat them. They don't have any other options than that. Stay focused and get ready for the next one and it's simply done one win at a time.

It will be interesting to see if Buffalo can hang with New Orleans. If they do somehow find the right formula, they will be doubly determined to take out KC the following week, but from their perspective, they just can't look at that yet. The Saints are up next. When you think of it looking through a player's eyes, it just seems to be so much easier to Billieve. I have seen improvement from this team in a lot of areas. It seems that every game however has an area that they have needed to address. I'd like to see a game where everything falls into place for them and I can't help thinking that the players are diligently improving their craft every time they step onto the field.

i would say we have:

a 15% chance of beating NO

a 15% chance of beating KC

a 65% chance of beating PIT

a 50% chance of beating NYJ

thus our expected wins: .15+.15.+.65+.50 = 1.45

so winning 1 or 2 of the 4 games seams reasonable

how can you possibly give us 15% @ N.O. off a bye and 15% at home against the chiefs ?

i'd say 20% percent against NO, 65% against Chiefs, 50% against Pittsburgh, 65% against Jets