Buffalo Bills Are One Of The Most Penalized Teams In Football

This is a troubling trend that is a carryover from the preseason. Lots of penalties at the worst possible times that have extended opponents possessions. Has to be eradicated.

Agreed. It was concerning when it was happening all throughout the preseason, and nothing changed once the season began. Seven weeks into the season and still no significant progress.

How many on the o line? The pass protection is wanting.

In terms of false starts they are pretty good. In the top 1/3 of league (fewer is better).

In terms of the total amount of holding penalties they are in the bottom 1/3 of the league.

Suprisingly the Bills secondary has been flagged the least in terms of pass interference (tied with other teams). Bills don't get many delay of game penalties either. Best in league.

Bills have also been the biggest beneficiary of fask mask penalties (interesting)...

The Bills are the worst offender in the league at "taunting" and neautral zone infraction,

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

What is the breakdown? Are these offensive, defensive, or ST? If it was defense, I could understand it with the new aggressive stance of the team. Not sure I would want to mess much with things if it is defense, since the defense is winning games for us. But if it is offense, then it is very troubling, they are not winning us much of anything right now.

What is the breakdown? Are these offensive, defensive, or ST? If it was defense, I could understand it with the new aggressive stance of the team. Not sure I would want to mess much with things if it is defense, since the defense is winning games for us. But if it is offense, then it is very troubling, they are not winning us much of anything right now.

23 Offense, 29 Defense.

We have been getting a lot of taunting and other personal foul penalties on defense this year.

The Bills do seem to be really obvious sometimes in their flagrant fouls. The Facemask on Brees today that negated an INT was so blatant. However I think this team is unfairly targeted by the refs for completely bogus penalties. The one on Hughes today that gave the Saints a first down was ridiculous. Hughes was actually rammed into from behind within the 5yd bumping zone and then accused of holding. Of course the clueless Fox coverage didn't bother to replay the imaginary holding at all.

Edited by Livinginthepast

• 1 month later...